Sad
<- 123
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Bad Sandwich
Well then I'll need that first then hahaha. Seriously starting at STEP ONE as far as the travel arrangements go, I'm hoping 2 months in advance is more than enough time for passport application.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Depends on your country of origin. And probably on the municipality. I believe my last passport took something like five weeks. Get it NOW! Wink
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
Quote from flicky:
Quote from Judgy:
BA265 and BA216 (same flights as Mysty, Flicky, Robo) booked would love to take flicky up on the offer to stay at his the night of the 3rd if its still cool Smiley

Mysty said he might be about for it to. When you guys are confirmed on def coming, I'll sort it out with family etc.

Currently Waiting on the 4th for the room I'm in (Dark_Frog's - 4th - 15th) once that is confirmed I will be 100% coming and we can have a chat about it Tongue
Bad Sandwich
I'm also totally confirmed coming now, so if anyone is still offering some accommodation January 3rd, I'd also appreciate a chat.
INTJ
I just remembered I didn't write my information here:

Arrival:
04. January - Zürich – Washington, Nr. UA 937 11:45 / 15:25

Depart:
15. January - Washington – Zürich, Nr. UA 936 17:45 /*07:55
*arrival next day
General Degenerate
Does anyone else come in the Iberia/British Airways flight that leaves London Heathrow at 11:15AM the 4th (IB 4653)? Would be nice to meetup at the airport before take off?
Same question for the flight back (IB4656) the 15th.
Hi, wanted to know if anyone would be able to pick me up at IAD at ~3:30pm
Would be great.
Quote from Nogatin:
Would be great.

Could one also give me a trip back to IAD when leaving again the 11th at 6:55pm?
Would be grand.
Exoray
This is a reminder for everyone travelling internationally to apply for an ESTA entry visa ahead of time or otherwise you won't be let into the US.

You need to apply and pay for the visa through https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
You need to fill in the form, submit and then complete the payment. It is advisable to do this at least a couple of days in advance but typically the submissions are approved instantly.

Quote from Nogatin:
Would be great.

The hotel provides a 24/7 shuttle service to/from the Airport so you should use that one.
Quote from moooh:
This is a reminder for everyone travelling internationally to apply for an ESTA entry visa ahead of time or otherwise you won't be let into the US.

You need to apply and pay for the visa through https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
You need to fill in the form, submit and then complete the payment. It is advisable to do this at least a couple of days in advance but typically the submissions are approved instantly.

Quote from Nogatin:
Would be great.

The hotel provides a 24/7 shuttle service to/from the Airport so you should use that one.

Already did the esta survey thing, but thanks for reminding me about it.

And some from the main thread told me about the shuttles going 2 times per hour
Bad Sandwich
Further to the ESTA application, do we need to 'do' anything with it? I completed it and got it approved, but do I need to carry any documentation of it or is it entirely electronic?
esta is digital only, you don't need to print it. But there is an additional form you have to fill out @ plane or before flight.
And for  that form you need to know the address of the place you'll be staying at. I learned that the hard way last year.
Just a guy
For those who don't want to look for it, the full address of the Crowne is: 2200 Centreville Rd, Herndon, VA 20170
Ah thx DrCoolGuy had the wrong adress, dunno why or where. Updated ESTA and that Homeland Security form.

HYPE HYPE
Bad Sandwich
Shall we do a final checklist of stuff in case anyone's forgotten anything?

Valid passport
Booked flight
Hotel reservation
Approved ESTA
Travel insurance

Anyone else feel free to add anything I may have forgotten.
Edit history:
Alko: 2013-12-31 08:16:52 am
Route to (and from) departure airport organised?
Route from (and to) arrival airport organised? (this'll probably be 'Crowne's shuttle—check' for most people, but it doesn't hurt to remind oneself)
Some people pick up wicked cheap short term medical insurance for trips out of their home country. Something to consider?
sure, it's a thing you should consider. It's not that expensive and better to have, otherwise you would have to pay the doc ;-)
ADAC has some nice options, even for non ADAC members (atleast for german travellers).
Actually, Germans should consider asking their regular medical insurance. Many will cover treatments in case of emergency in the US/Canada. Iirc, my insurance (TK) would have covered any emergencies I could have encountered during C4L (yes, that's Canada, but there's hardly a reason for an insurance to cover Canada but not the US).
Quote from Yagamoth:

Arrival:

Depart:
*arrival next day

We coul meet at Dulles airport, Rudlak's and my plane will be there nearly the same time.
At Frankfurt airport right now, waiting for boarding. See you guys in a bit

HYPE
INTJ
Quote from ikkeserv:
Quote from Yagamoth:

Arrival:

Depart:
*arrival next day

We coul meet at Dulles airport, Rudlak's and my plane will be there nearly the same time.

Sorry for the late response - my plane has a 1h 45min delay. So, approx. Arrival will be around 17:10 + checkout stuff