List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mike89: 2012-12-11 11:21:52 pm
mike89: 2012-11-27 09:34:31 pm
mike89: 2012-11-20 10:49:25 pm
SEGA Junkie
Pretty straightforward, if you know enough about a game to provide good commentary on it, say so here! I don't know exactly how the audio in the room is going to play out this year, but assuming only the couch can be heard you can fit three on the couch, maybe four but it gets a bit cosy that way. So 2-3 commentators for most games, less so for races.

Also volunteer here if you want to take a stint on the main commentator spot (introducing viewers to AGDQ, donation reading, etc) at any period during the marathon. This probably won't be formally scheduled, but it helps to know who (particularly among those who haven't been to a marathon before) would be willing to take up that role. I'll keep a list updated here.

Main Commentators
mike89
sonikku
spikevegeta
Omnigamer
puwexil
Golden
Satoryu
RoboSparkle
mikwuyma
Zastbat
Raelcun
mapler90210
Valiuse
ButtersBB
Lee
Kennyman666
MaturedSinner
Thread title:  
SEGA Junkie
For specific games:

I've been planning to really step up my commentary game this year, and the schedule plays really nicely into my hands for that. Games I can commentate on:
Donkey Kong 64
Banjo Kazooie
Rocket Knight Adventures
Ecco
Sonic CD
Super Meat Boy
New Super Mario Bros (DS)
F-Zero GX
Sonic Generations
Goldeneye
Shadow Complex
Pokemon Gold
Infinite Combo
I guess I'm only useful for MMX if caleb wants me to commentate on it. I keep forgetting what games are to be played at AGDQ..
SEGA Junkie
There is a schedule, you know. Wink
Infinite Combo
MIKE my glasses broke...
Precursor
I think I could commentate for MegaMari if wanted.
i'll volunteer to do donation reading and plugging the charity and that kind of thing whenever it needs doing. i know a decent amount about sonic 2, so i could possibly talk about that. i would of course give that up to any more knowledgable runner that would like to be there. i can also sit in on any sonic commentary if there's not enough people. though i mainly would only be able to comment on more random trivia than speedrunning stuff, which is why i would only be there if there's not enough to fill the couch, lol.
Edit history:
Mecha Richter: 2012-11-20 05:47:35 pm
Mecha Richter: 2012-11-20 06:03:35 am
Haters gonna hate
I can commentate on the following games:

Castlevania SotN (Since Maria will more than likely win, I need to learn Maria)
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Blaster Master (I WILL be up to commentate this time. Sorry about last time UA.)
Duke Nukem 3D

There's other games I'd like to commentate on as well, but I'd rather wait to list them so I can familiarize myself with them again before doing so.
Pudding%
I can commentate the following games:

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (I dropped from the race, FYI)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Julius mode at least, less so for Soma)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (NOT Maria)
Gremlins 2 (Only because I've watched Mecha run it enough to know what's going on)
Earnest Evans (W o L F T e a M)
Bayou Billy (I swear I actually beat this game once!)
Zelda 2 (again, I've watched Feasel run this enough that it's not hard to commentate for at this point)
Games I know very well:
- Kirby Super Star
- New Super Mario Bros. DS
- Dark Souls

Games I know reasonably well:
- Anything with the word Metroid in the title (including Shadow Complex)
- Umihara Kawase (though the run will be over before anyone can speak)
- Dawn of Sorrow (Soma mode)
- VVVVVV (but the best thing to do during this game is shut up and listen to the music)

And I'm always available for verbal abuse during Pokemon.
Precursor
Quote from SMK:
- Umihara Kawase (though the run will be over before anyone can speak)

lol pretty much. There'll be time to say "Don't blink", I guess.

If you do want to co-commentate, you're welcome to give it a try. Cheesy
I can commentate Super Monkey Ball and Super Mario 64
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
I could probably commentate on Sonic 2 and 3 if no one else is up for it. I know most of the tricks and routes well enough to explain it, even if I can't do them myself Tongue

As far as audio, the couch is prioritized, but anyone in the front row will probably be heard loud and clear. In any case, I can always adjust the room mics to satisfy anyway (that's part of why we have a mixer, after all). IMO though, more than 2-3 commentators would just be white noise and interruptions anyway, so that should be a hard limit no matter the situation.
Iha paska
Outside of the games I run, I'd say Duke3D.

Rayman1 is also something I used to play a lot but I am not really that familiar when it comes to speedrunning it.
I have played the PC version mostly which is really similar to the PS1 version, and had a few days with the jaguar version too (original and has some major differences).
I'll volunteer to read donations and what not. Not really too many games I would be good at commentating on outside of my own though.
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2012-11-20 04:12:08 pm
Omnigamer: 2012-11-20 08:17:22 am
All the things
I can't open the Google doc at work, but I can probably help with commentary for Earnest Evans. I will have a more thorough post ready when I get home this evening.

EDIT: I could also do the main commentator role.
Edit history:
puwexil: 2012-11-20 02:07:40 pm
Professional Second Banana
I can commentate for the following games and be main commentator at other times if needed.

Rockman and Forte
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Ninja Gaiden 3
Blaster Master
Earthbound
Blaster Master 2
Claimh Happy
Sm64 (though I'm sure there'll be enough volunteers for this game that it comes down to sig's choice)
Kss
DoS
SotN
MM8
Super monkey ball
Sonic 06 (right now I only know sonic's story. Not sure if that will change by agdq)
Portal 2
Timecop...although omni does pretty well explaining things on his own.

I'm willing to help with main commentary, though no more night shifts for me...(sorry again for that mess)
Edit history:
Chrno: 2012-11-20 09:11:08 am
WOW.
Here are the games I can commentate on:

Doom
Doom 2
Goldeneye
Rayman
Jet Set Radio
Batman: Arkham City
Pokemon Gold

I'll most likely add to this list as I remember what games are being played. also, I expect to do an exteremely extended commentary on Skyrim during the run already.
HELLO!
I can back up Dragondarch for Zelda 2 if need be, since that's one run I'm absolutely making sure to be there for.
Edit history:
PJ: 2012-11-20 09:21:54 am
Is PJ
I can definitely help with the following, and should be awake for them:
Mega Man 7/8
Captain Comic
Bayou Billy
Incredible Crash Dummies (YES)
Kirby Superstar (yeah...I forgot about this)

I'm willing to help with any game as long as I'm awake, really.  It's hard to say for sure when that will be, though.  Haha.
Anything you can do I can do halfass
I can BS convincing-sounding and potentially even accurate programming-side technical explanations for most glitches in most games on the fly.  Not perhaps the sort of in-depth analysis of routes and strats expected for pro-tier couchgoing, but maybe enough to stand in over someone's lunch break.  I'd be willing to take, as a challenge, any glitch in any game on any platform during the marathon, but my meat and potatoes are zips, skips, undefined data and physics oversights particularly in classic 2D and first-gen 3D titles, and just about anything on NES.

Otherwise, I have literally made a professional career out of being the stop-gap expert in the room on any subject for which there is no proper expert in the room.  I've put in enough play time on the following to explain plot and mechanics and recognize when a runner's strategy is not how the game would normally be played (and seen enough speedruns to take a stab at what they're probably up to instead): 
Ape Escape (looong ago)
Ratchet & Clank
Kirby Super Star
SMW2
SMRPG
Sonic CD
Sonic 2
S3&K
SMB3
SMW
Keens (in a pinch; it's been ages since I did much with any but 4)
MM4,7,8,Forte
MMX
Blaster Master (sketchy beyond first half…)
Metroid Prime & Prime 2 (in an emergency)
Earthbound
DKC1 (...ago…)
F-Zero GX
Sonic Generations
Portal 2
Super Metroid
MZM
FFIX (in an emergency)
Zelda II (by BSing)
LttP, OoT (…dangit; I'll need to miss a big chunk of OoT, or else miss my flight out Tongue )

If any of those end up needing supporting commentary, I'd give it a go.  With prior notice, I could even squeeze in some fresh practice/research time.
Quote from PJ:
I can definitely help with the following, and should be awake for them:
Mega Man 7/8
Captain Comic
Bayou Billy
Incredible Crash Dummies (YES)
Kirby Superstar (yeah...I forgot about this)

I'm willing to help with any game as long as I'm awake, really.  It's hard to say for sure when that will be, though.  Haha.

I liked your Contra III commentary last time. No reprise this year? Tongue
Edit history:
PJ: 2012-11-20 09:36:29 am
Is PJ
Haha.  I could try to say less than I did last year but it'd be a challenge.
Ecco the Dolphin
Sonic 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
F-Zero GX
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater