1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaTwilightPrincess.html

Segmented any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
here's the verification comments:

oh no. what a bad run. you better restart this because it kinda sucks Sad

j/k (i always wanted to do that joke)

this is a pretty good run. it's been a while since i watched a TP run (or played the game) but this one made everything feel fresh again

i did comments for each segment:
Segment 1: since it is so short, it looks like this is almost at the limit.
Segment 2: now I see why this one took so fast to record.
Segment 3: bo likes to talk a lot. The goats and sumo went good considering their randomness.
Segment 4: this part went smoothly.
Segment 5: this is as good as it gets.
Segment 6: the bug catching contest was clean.
Segment 7: quite fast EMS.
Segment 8: only if the skull kid could be hit without waiting for his puppets…
Segment 9: I don’t understand that mist. I get caught easily a lot even if I swing the lantern a lot but speedrunners seem to avoid most of it. The rest went well.
Segment 10: that first room wouldn’t be so bad if link could climb faster the vines.
Segment 11: the early boomerang went well. Crisis adverted by cutscene in the fight.
Segment 12: too bad about not using the faster diababa strat but at least what we have here went well.
Segment 13: killing twilit messengers and repairing the bridge lead to the bug catching contest R2. I don’t know anyone who would redo because of a slightly slow save.
Segment 14: indeed.
Segment 15: smooth segment. That geyser is a dick though.
Segment 16: good gate clip and stuff. A shame the alternate method didn’t work out.
Segment 17: it’s been a while since i saw the rupee dive and it still surprises by how fast it is done.
Segment 18: monsters of hell that help to break the game. Can’t go wrong. The LJAs were good.
Segment 19: seeing what happens when the kargaroc goes to the water is useful for me (all previous runs don’t show it). The following parts were good.
Segment 20: time for bug catching contest v3 and more twilit messengers. things are repetitive aren’t they?
Segment 21: nice strat for the water bugs.
Segment 22: the wonky song playing cracks me up. Good thing it registers properly. Giant bug went fast.
Segment 23: that bag emptying method is rad. I guess bombs are lethal for frog’s tongues.
Segment 24: the morpheel fight was really fast. I didn’t know about the trick to do the finish blow that fast.
Segment 25: pretty smooth sailing fox parax.
Segment 26: the snowboarding part of the game. Things went well except for that iceboard’s trolling.
Segment 27: this looked way easier than what I remember.
Segment 28: those bulblins must be frustrated because link blew past them very fast.
Segment 29: it looked like the poes could be a little faster but that’s pushing it with all the random stuff. Several tricky stuff went well. The miniboss strat is fun to see.
Segment 30: the skull guy got his ass handed to him. The most random part was well done.
Segment 31: those fingers are probably as fast as Golgo 13. there were no visible places where the segment could be improved.
Segment 32: if speed running was about beauty, the fastest runs wouldn’t be the records.
Segment 33: this dungeon’s music makes it more boring than what it should be but the amount of speed tricks really woke me up here.
Segment 34: it went pretty well and the fight was quite good.
Segment 35: zant and his masks are such trolls. the segment is pretty clean outside that.
Segment 36: getting the good run first happens to me in Mario kart time attack. Sucks because you feel the rest of the attempts were a waste. The segment was good and at most there were some 1 second errors.
Segment 37: lol those speed tricks were very funny. A short dungeon got even shorter.
Segment 38: the end at last. The clawshot isn’t that easy to aim, especially with those targets. The rest went well. The last fight was laughably fast as usual.

Overall:

This was a very well done run. It shows that a lot of work went onto all the segments and there are minor errors that would be way too troublesome to fix considering the places where they are and due to the randomness of the things surrounding them. Most of the speed tricks were up to date and performed well so it would be hard to find timesavers right away (excepting the diababa deal)

Video: as good as it gets from a GC and DVD recorder with composite cables. The HQ should look really nice once we get to it.

Audio: fine most of the time but there’s a few places where it sounds odd, mainly the iron knuckle fights where it sounds like there’s too much bass and the zant fight where the projectiles sound weird a few times.

Doubts: none. Everything looked like it was done without any external devices like AR or turbo controllers.

Now, the wait for the run to go up begins…

Quote:
I can be very brief about this.

No problems found. The gameplay is very good, nicely executed throughout! The comments are nicely detailed as well so there's no real need to point out things as the runner already does that himself perfectly.
I also wanted to say that some of the howling parts were hilarious. Especially the first one, I bursted out laughing at the final part of it Cheesy

Good job!

Accepted

Quote:
This run makes my Master Sword Tingle.

Quote:
Comments:

Quote from Verifier:

This. That is all. I really don't have anything else to say.

I guess I should say, I accept this run, just so nobody is confused. Tongue

Quote:
Zelda Twillight Princess(segmented run)

Seg. By Seg. Comments

SEG.1-Everything was very well and the rock for the glitch was taken from the best angle in my opinion and did the BIT glitch very fast.
SEG.2-well done for 12 minutes but I doubt the easiest segment ever since in a Speedrun I do, I have a 5 seconds segment that is only consisting to walk through a corridor and opening a door in the perfect angle.
SEG.3-Very good, you make this segment look easy even if it’s very difficult.
SEG.4-Your segment was fast and smooth  but I disagree with
Quote:
There's three spots in the segment where you can do a quick Midna jump and save a second or two each time, but I didn't get any of them; they have a really really tiny window so I don't think they're worth the trouble.

because in my opinion that’s exactly what segmented run are for, doing extremely hard glitches and tricks.
Nice segment for the rest.
SEG.5-Very Nice, good enemy manipulation and also good luck manipulation, short n’ sweet!
SEG.6-This segment was very sick, the bug killing and soul grabbing were almost all perfect great job on this one.
SEG.7-Nice segment, nothing much to say.
SEG.8-same
SEG.9-The bugs route and the texts skipping are totally incredible but some time I think your angle could be a little better and could cut off 1 to 2 seconds per segment.
SEG.10-Everythings nice, I ask myself in the beginning why is he doing this before I remember that you didn’t took the slingshot XD .
SEG.11-Nice tricks there, good job killing the boss in one cycle. Very nice segment.
SEG.12-Very good segment, BLJ is starting, I can’t wait to see at which point he’ll abuse of this.
SEG.13-Good!
SEG.14-Very nice bug moving to land on the rupee.
SEG.15-Very long/productive/impressive segment, very nicely done(almost perfect).
SEG.16-Segment well done and impressive control on the glitch.
SEG.17-…
SEG.18-Very good, nice BLJ
SEG.19-Nice glitches there!
SEG.20-Good
SEG.21-Short n’sweet
SEG.22-Up to now, all the bugs soul route/grab is insane(including seg.21/6/etc.)pretty straight forward segment but nice overall.
SEG.23¬-Very complex and impressive segment, good job. Best so far.
SEG.24-Good boss fight
SEG,25-Some nices tricks there, very straight forward but done pretty fast
SEG.26-Stressful segment Tongue , Nice overall.
SEG.27-Another very complex and impressive segment. Good use of a lot of glitches there.
SEG.28-Good angle mastery. Good segment.
SEG.29-Long segment, difficult but look almost perfect. Very nice tricks were perform there, nice boss strats and one of my personal favorite up to now
SEG.30-The bosses strats were impressive, good job on this.
SEG.31-good job on the glitch. IIRC, it took a couples of minutes in the SS to pull out.
SEG.32-Nothing much to say, you make this temple look incredibly easy and skip almost everything in it, very nice, very impressive.
SEG.33-At the moment I though “this speedrun couldn’t get any better”. This segment is in my favorites segments ever in all non-TAS I saw. It’s 11 minutes of aggressive violence in a very precise way, he throw his joystick in random direction as fast as possible and it works every times.
SEG.34-Seem legit to go in the twilight realms with two mirror missing Tongue . seriously nice segment but your fight against ghost Zant, is it luck manipulation or he always use this way???
SEG.35-same
SEG.36-destroy Zant, very nice fight.
SEG.37-skip all unavoidable fights up to now except the key one.
SEG.38-Good last boss fight and good Speedrun.

A/V very good
No cheating detected.
Overall comments: he control the game as he like, his Speedrun look TAS in some places. It’s very impressive and his strats, control of the BLJ, etc. was very nice.
The bad points as small as they are: I was disappoint what you said of segment 4 but it’s understandable and the only other points are that some time but only rarely, you move too far from something, your angles could be better and you clawshot take two or three shot to aim but except this very nice Speedrun, I was very happy to verify this and good job!!!
Decision: Accept

Congratulation!!!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Paraxade!'
Thread title:  
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Congratulations! Like I said in the TP thread, very good run.
Edit history:
Paraxade: 2012-01-31 07:42:44 pm
Holy crap this actually finally went up.

Quote:

wat

Quote:
SEG.4-Your segment was fast and smooth  but I disagree with
Quote:
There's three spots in the segment where you can do a quick Midna jump and save a second or two each time, but I didn't get any of them; they have a really really tiny window so I don't think they're worth the trouble.

because in my opinion that’s exactly what segmented run are for, doing extremely hard glitches and tricks.

Well... by "really really tiny window" I actually mean a one-frame window. And when getting an optimal run is already hard enough, I don't really feel inclined to put so much extra effort into something that for all intents and purposes is random and saves barely any time. So my view regarding the fast Midna jumps was basically "awesome if I get them, no big deal if I don't". Just shitty luck that I never got any of them. I'll let the eventual TAS do them.

Quote:
SEG.33-At the moment I though “this speedrun couldn’t get any better”. This segment is in my favorites segments ever in all non-TAS I saw. It’s 11 minutes of aggressive violence in a very precise way, he throw his joystick in random direction as fast as possible and it works every times.

Woah, high praise, thanks! Tongue
<(^_^)>
congrats! I've already watched it, but it's a great run!
Sandbagging
Congratulations Paraxade. This run is amazing <3
umad
Good shit. Glad this finally got verified Grin
#Casual
GJ Paraxade!!!
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Is this the same on that's on Youtube or a completely different one?
No I did a second one for no reason, obviously.
Yeah, he said he was working on that run in secret when actually he was secretly working on two runs in secret. And he didn't tell me about this one. Sad
Catchin' them all
Congrats, Paraxade! I was really amazed when I saw the run, good job. Smiley
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Quote from Paraxade:
No I did a second one for no reason, obviously.

A simple no would of sufficed Cry
ha, sorry, I was kidding around. Tongue
Claimh Happy
Yes, we understand that the first one was a joke. No reason to run it in our faces that you're so good at this Sad
Is PJ
If you thought his second run was good, wait until you see the third run he did.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
i can't wait to see my favorite moment in HQ (the clawshot to skip the miniboss)
HQ videos are already on ZSR (have been for months) if you don't wanna wait. http://zeldaspeedruns.com/tp/speedruns/gc-any-segmented-in-309