Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Marius '-M2-' Welle's IL Gold runs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
"Worms: attacking parts other hermaphrodites can not reach."

Still haven't been able to retrieve my other review, but I've rewatched it just now. IIRC, worms Armageddon campaign, or that of any other 2D iteration allows for worm betrayals almost every round, but getting one in 3D in a game so poorly made physics-wise as this one is nigh impossible. Regrettably, that allows superior play to be outweighed by simple luck, and like the runner, it is with pain that I accept the level 22 run.

"Huge damage! The definition of brilliance!"

However, this IS a filled IL-table with most runs done exceptionally, beyond what I thought was possible -- most notably level 5. When or if these runs are improved, which I doubt will and can be done by anyone else but the runner, it will be an accumulation of months of dedication. In rounds this short and static, this really shows what an accomplishment this run is. I simply don't see any room for significant improvement in any particular level without lucking out.

"W.O.R.M. courriers -- on time, on budget, on your head."

Conclusion: the audio/video quality was fine, there was no cheating, most challenges are almost surely optimized, and it has worms with missile launchers. How could you not accept?

"Victory, the winner's choice!"

Quote:
Verifier: now, Worms 3D
Verifier: I almost forgot how crappy this game was
Verifier: the runner does rather well in the run
Verifier: I think it's possible to kill the worms in level 32 before the water rises, but I sure as hell ain't going to try myself, and the skill the runner shows in other levels makes me think he'd manage to get the level done quicker if it were possible
Verifier: execution is pretty nice, some grenades and bazooka shots are great
Verifier: there's an occasional bump here and there, but nothing particularly serious
Verifier: overall, I think it's a good run, even if the game is not very fit for running
Verifier: no problems seen with the video; the audio sounds over-peaked, though
Verifier: I'd say 'accept' for this one

Quote:
Nothing much to point out about this run, its great everywhere and entertaining to watch. A/V is fine, and there is no signs of cheating. Accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Who can complain about worms blowing each other up with heavy artillery?
Thread title:  
Congratulations to the runner.
This game practically defined my teenage-hood. LOL!
Let's get Armageddon in here!
If someone can get through the career quickly, especially the ending 2 vs. 15, I will be severely impressed.
http://worms2d.info/Mission_records

The Worms community goes by number of turns, then elapsed turn clock time for the player only, so timing would be a lot different at SDA.
I'd only do Armageddon if it were the XBox version, which is completely different.
Edit history:
DRybes: 2010-06-19 08:13:31 am
O Zlda?
I'm from the Worms:Armageddon and Worms World Party era, 2001-2004 online community. I used to write apps for the game and everything, went by the name of Annelid there. The dude who runs the Worms Knowledge Base, CyberShadow, is a top notch guy, far better programmer than I to boot (I believe he works for Team17 now), and that's one of the best W:A sites left. The replays on that page are all records and pretty close to optimal for human play (compare to the various TASes on the right; while some could probably be improved, many achieve fewer turns than possible with reflexes). Their timing and comparison system is the only one that makes sense for mission runs on W:A. Unfortunately, you need the game and some recent version of the update patch to play the demos. Highly worth watching if you've got that.

Not sure what the xbox version looks like, but when the original came out, the only port that was anything close to matching the experience and quality of the PC game was the PS1 version. Try the N64 version if you want to see a tragedy in which even something as simple as flying a sheep has far too sensitive a control.

If you're talking about running through the deathmatch ranks, kamikaze, I think thats a little boring to watch (as well as heavily luck dependent). Again, I'm unfortunately unfamiliar with all the remakes and rereleases. A pity, too... I probably can't even put up a decent show in a proroper anymore.

I could never get into playing a 3d worms game back when they came out, but I'm way too much of a fan of the series not to watch this run once it goes up Smiley
Quote from DRybes:
I'm from the Worms:Armageddon and Worms World Party era, 2001-2004 online community. I used to write apps for the game and everything, went by the name of Annelid there. The dude who runs the Worms Knowledge Base, CyberShadow, is a top notch guy, far better programmer than I to boot (I believe he works for Team17 now), and that's one of the best W:A sites left. The replays on that page are all records and pretty close to optimal for human play (compare to the various TASes on the right; while some could probably be improved, many achieve fewer turns than possible with reflexes). Their timing and comparison system is the only one that makes sense for mission runs on W:A. Unfortunately, you need the game and some recent version of the update patch to play the demos. Highly worth watching if you've got that.

Not sure what the xbox version looks like, but when the original came out, the only port that was anything close to matching the experience and quality of the PC game was the PS1 version. Try the N64 version if you want to see a tragedy in which even something as simple as flying a sheep has far too sensitive a control.

If you're talking about running through the deathmatch ranks, kamikaze, I think thats a little boring to watch (as well as heavily luck dependent). Again, I'm unfortunately unfamiliar with all the remakes and rereleases. A pity, too... I probably can't even put up a decent show in a proroper anymore.

I could never get into playing a 3d worms game back when they came out, but I'm way too much of a fan of the series not to watch this run once it goes up Smiley

Probably so... I loved Worms World Party and I was talking about the deathmatch, but you're right, it would get boring. I never beat it and just thought it would be cool to see some one blaze through it.