Smiley
Sad
<- 1  -   of 28 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I am running the PS3 downloadable version of Hamsterball. 

I should mention the (maybe) unusual screen dimensions.  I think the dimensions of what's not blacked out are 8:5.  Can I still use Anri-chan?

Thanks in advance.

d1 f1 3d.

anri should work fine. the letterboxing will be there but it won't hurt compression at all.
Saga Frontier for PlayStation

i'm thinking d1 f1 2d ... does anyone else agree with me? the entering battle effect is f2 but the sprite movement is f1 but it's done in a 2d style and i definitely see bobbing characteristic of d1 ...
I think it's D4 with 1 pixel bob.
wtf, really? did you test that? i was sure i saw d1.
Edit history:
ballofsnow: 2010-06-16 06:23:14 pm
- Running the video through anri at D4 F1 and 1 pixel bob yields zero bobbing, and I mean perfect - no bobbing whatsoever. That's something you wouldn't, or shouldn't see happen in a D1 video.
- This is a Playstation 1 game, so I really doubt it's D1 F1. Also, our DF page has yet to have a PS1 game be D1 F1, so I see a trend there..
awesome, thanks. my eyes are seriously going.
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2010-06-25 12:49:32 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
SNES Super Double Dragon

Edit: I just guessed D4 F2 and ran it threw Anri-Chan, looks good to me. I looked at other SNES games and compared. But I would like to know for sure. I really have no idea on how to actually figure it out.

Attachment:
TimeSplitters for Playstation 2

Edit history:
bmn: 2010-06-25 06:16:51 pm
SNES Double Dragon: D4 F1 2D. At first glance it does seem to be F2, but there are times when 3 frames show 3 images (i.e. F1) due to some things happening on odd frames and some on even.
PS2 Timesplitters: D1 F1 3D.

@Heidman: Working out the values can be a little tricky at times. I'm sure you already know that D1 = *x480 and D4 = *x240, and F1 and F2 are 60 and 30fps respectively, with some variations. 2D is, strictly speaking, used to indicate games that use on-off sprite flashing to fake translucency (so it's a bit of a misnomer as some 3D games do as well), but we just tar all 2D games with the same brush for simplicity's sake.

D is usually easy to work out, as a lot of the time the console itself decides. For example, the NES, SNES, Master System, Megadrive/Genesis and Playstation 1 are all D4. When the console can handle higher, normally it's D1 but there are exceptions. That can be worked out by taking a screenshot, putting it in an image app and blowing it up. If everything is in clumps at least 2 pixels wide, then it should be D4. If it's D1 though, then it should be obvious by how crisp the picture is.

F is a bit more difficult. The tool of choice is a video player that can advance one frame at a time, such as VLC (the hotkey is E). It's just a case of playing the video and advancing frame-by-frame. If there's a new game frame every two (or more) video frames, it's F2, otherwise it's F1.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Thanks bmn
$15 per rant/allegory
Erm, I may have fallen at the first hurdle here by uploading elsewhere but... yeah...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ne2gel

This my bayonetta sample. I guess I'll ask here, do you want this run in 16:9 or 4:3? I have some 4:3 files (they look good and all that) but my anri won't do it's thing with AVI files so I can't really get a sample. I figured I'd ask these questions now.
How are you capturing this? The quality is quite low..

Bayonetta for PS3/360 - D1 F1 3D

Widescreen or not, it's up to you but it needs to be consistent.
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from ballofsnow:
How are you capturing this? The quality is quite low..

Bayonetta for PS3/360 - D1 F1 3D

Widescreen or not, it's up to you but it needs to be consistent.

I've done quite a few tests for quality so I will have quite a few files posted for a quality test. The AVI looks better, but as I said, couldn't get any samples or anything =/.
Edit history:
aleckermit: 2010-07-11 08:32:45 pm
I need to know the D and F for Shadows of the Empire (N64).

Raw video sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?xjniy2wwwqa
framerate seems to be highly variable but always terrible. let's go with d4 f2 3d.

btw if you do a run of this game i will lub you long time.
Edit history:
aleckermit: 2010-07-13 01:35:15 pm
Quote from nate:
framerate seems to be highly variable but always terrible. let's go with d4 f2 3d.

btw if you do a run of this game i will lub you long time.

Start loving me Nate, it's already finished. I just submitted my verification info yesterday. The full run can be watched on my youtube channel.

so awesome. it's been over ten years since i played this game but i played the shit out of it as a kid so i remember it fairly well and have been waiting for a long time to see a run.

and what a run it is. just watched the whole thing. big congrats on finally doing this game and doing it so well.
Edit history:
aleckermit: 2010-07-19 07:13:54 pm
Need the D and F for Ocarina of Time (VC).

I encoded with the Ocarina of Time N64 presets, chose no VC deflicker fix (I assume that is for 2D only), and did everything properly but the MP4 output is a bit choppy. The video jumps from time to time in the same spots (I've encoded twice to make sure) and the framerate seems a tad low.

Ocarina of Time runs at 20 visual frames per second, but since this is on VC I'm assuming it's refreshing the screen faster than on N64 which is causing the issues (also on VC the game is 640x480 instead of 320x240). Any idea as to what settings (D and F) I need to use?

EDIT: D1 F1 3D seems to work perfect.
can you upload a sample?
Yep: http://www.mediafire.com/?ef952q1nfd0ti5i

D1 F1 3D works great for me. F3 (which I assumed would be the best choice) makes the MP4 very laggy, the video jumps/skips around in places.

You can probably go ahead and add Ocarina of Time GCN/VC as D1 F1 3D to the database. And D4 F2 3D for Shadows of the Empire :P.
it's not d1. the original was d4 and then it was deflickered for vc (and maybe gamecube too) which makes the effective resolution d1 but there isn't the added detail for d1 so there's no point in wasting time and bitrate encoding it at d1. what you need to do to stop the deflicker bob is say yes to the vc question anri asks. if that doesn't work let me know.

also about f3, i think you may be seeing effects from it not being constant f3. so if it's f3-f4 originally then playing back at f3 you will see a duplicate here and there which will be pretty severe because the framerate is already so low. due to this f1 may be the best choice. i'm curious if snow has anything to say about this. the reason we don't like to encode at a higher framerate normally is because it confuses the encoder and produces a lower quality video. but if the framerate's not constant then it's very hard to pick. f1 may be the only option in that case (i don't think f2 would be a very good idea for the same reason f3 is causing weird stuff).
Edit history:
aleckermit: 2010-07-21 03:31:13 pm
EDIT: I can't tell a difference from D4 F1 and D1 F1. With or without VC deflicker setting. Both look fine.

you may miss the bobbing coming from not saying yes to the vc question because it's f1 ... what i do is lean really close to the monitor and look at the edges of text. you should see it twitching.