Sad
12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Omgooses
I came on here and saw it was back down to 243, I'm guessing a run was cheated on or something or some kind of mix on?  I looked at the first few topics in general chat, but none mentioned it, if this was covered in another topic please link me or tell me where it was posted.
Thread title:  
[Insert text here]
it was 244 for a while, if one was cheated I wonder what it was Huh?
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2006-04-30 02:58:31 am
Fucking Weeaboo
The 244th run was a new racing game, but was pulled due to high gas prices.
I'm addicted to games
<after deleting numerous off topic posts>

dot hack was pulled because someone pointed out that a ~10 minute segment is missing between part 6 and 7. How it ever got posted like that I don't know.
Omgooses
Did the submitter do that on purpose?  Or was there a mix-up with the recording/segmenting from one of the parties?
welcome to the machine
.hack is still on the games list.
I'm addicted to games
Leave it to me to change one line of perl code, run it, and not verify the results.
that's why they gave you a raise, right? Smiley
King of hearts
What's that?  *sniff* *sniff*
That smell...  jealousy maybe?
Edit history:
nate: 2006-05-03 01:18:25 am
hey, i'm the one holding the site together while radix reels in the big bucks not working for us. Tongue
welcome to the machine
Think nate needs a raise from his UberM2k2Minion position.

Maybe it can go to -$50 per month from -$100?
Your almighty lordship
Damn, if he can read Perl code, he deserves all the money he can get.

Unless all he does it write Perl code. That's easy.
Edit history:
Gorash: 2006-05-03 07:00:18 am
${$uid.$user}{' usertext'}
I'm pretty sure not even one has even bothered to take a look at my sig... *sigh*

Whatever, Perl is actually not that hard to read. Reading the mind of the guy who wrote the code however is, and Perl tells you a lot more about it's programmer than just what algorithm used.
Edit history:
DK64_MASTER: 2006-05-03 07:03:41 am
Quote:
I'm pretty sure not even one has even bothered to take a look at my sig... *sigh*

Whatever, Perl is not that hard to read. Reading the mind of the guy who wrote the code however is, and Perl tells you a lot more about it's programmer than just what algorithm used.

Trust me, I've been trying to figure out what he perl script does forever.

I know a few programming languages, SCHEME, MIPS assembly, C, C++, Java, MATLAB, LABView (graphical programming), but with no Perl knowledge, I'm left in the dark.  Although I bet I could execute it on a UNIX shell w/out much trouble.

This thread vaguely reminds me of the the "I hate UNIX" thread in bisqwit's OT forum.
...looked into that one a second and discarded it for being nonsense.

About the code, it demonstrates a little... design oversight which cost me the better part of a day. Basically it lets you hide a second value behind a hash key. Someone did this accidently, and I wondered where the heck the wrong data was coming from when I dumped the entire data object and it wasn't to be found.

You being CS student should learn Perl btw.
It's very handy for little dirty jobs.
[quote]..]
About the code, it demonstrates a little... design oversight which cost me the better part of a day. Basically it lets you hide a second value behind a hash key. Someone did this accidently, and I wondered where the heck the wrong data was coming from when I dumped the entire data object and it wasn't to be found.[quote]

I figured it had to do something with hashing.  But I still don't know what it does.  "Push" probably referse to how you hide the 2nd value?

Quote:
You being CS student should learn Perl btw.
It's very handy for little dirty jobs.

Yeah, I should.  But I'm leaning toward EE (EECS major), as I've gotten tired of programming recently.  It sometimes gets too abstract for me.

I like the low level stuff, like device physics, synchronous digital systems (has a bit of CS in it), and circuit design.  Although MIPS wasn't too bad (probably low level enough for me to relate with).

Ironically, I'll probably be "forced" to learn Perl in one of my courses, the way the two fields overlap so much nowadays.

Oh man, I've driven this thread off-topic, once again.  Shocked
Edit history:
Gorash: 2006-05-03 07:34:54 am
Well, the push should at that point clear the value 'v1' (since it's not an array yet), create a new array, and push 'v2' into that array. For some reason, if you do it in that order afterwards both the string and the array exist behind the key, and depending on how you access it you get one or the other.

And even as EE, wouldn't you have to program VHDL or Verilog anyways? Even that crappy little CAN controller we had to do maxed out a small FPGA, you just can't wire that by hand.

(i just saw the topic crossing the horizon)
Quote:
Well, the push should at that point clear the value 'v1' (since it's not an array yet), create a new array, and push 'v2' into that array. For some reason, if you do it in that order afterwards both the string and the array exist behind the key, and depending on how you access it you get one or the other.

And even as EE, wouldn't you have to program VHDL or Verilog anyways? Even that crappy little CAN controller we had to do maxed out a small FPGA, you just can't wire that by hand.

(i just saw the topic crossing the horizon)

Verilog for sure.  Although, I'm postponing that class till my senior year.  This semesters project was to program  wireless TRON using an N64 controller w/FPGA!  Pretty damn interesting.

Although, verilog isn't really "programming," it's more of a script-like language, from what I know, I guess almost like a SPICE deck file.  Wait, what am I saying, Perl, is a scripting langauge.

Ok, you win Wink
Your almighty lordship
Personally, I have never found a use for Perl. And unless some job or class forces me to learn it, I never will.

There's always a right tool for the right job, and Perl is just a Swiss Army Kitchen Sink. Between shell scripts, C, Python, and PHP, I pretty much have all instances that I need.

That and Python is a polar opposite of Perl. I don't think I'd be able to deal.
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Quote:
hey, i'm the one holding the site together while radix reels in the big bucks not working for us. Tongue

Just curious if anyone else noticed that Nate became a moderator in every non-quake forum, aside from PC. FINALLY.

Nate rocks.  Wink
Quote:

Just curious if anyone else noticed that Nate became a moderator in every non-quake forum, aside from PC. FINALLY.

I in fact did not notice that until you brought it up just now.

But...we've been missing a few lately...
Visit my profile to see my runs!
True.  Actually, aside from StrangenessDSS, there have been a number of very frequent members who've gone AWOL, as well.  (Enhasa, for example)  :-/
I haven't seen Nikuvilin for awhile either now that you mention it. (I may have spelled his name wrong).

This is turning into a missing persons thread along with the missing run.
新世紀進歩的羽扇子 音楽
Quote:
True.  Actually, aside from StrangenessDSS, there have been a number of very frequent members who've gone AWOL, as well.  (Enhasa, for example)  :-/

he's been logged in a few times that i've seen since his last post, but not for very long.  i assume he's been busy.
XXY
Random story that sort of coincides with this off-topic discussion: On a Counter-Strike server I used to play on quite frequently, I was told one day that some guy who I used to see off and on in some of our games, died. I didn't know him personally, or even that well in the games. He wasn't high ranked, just a casual gamer who always played on the server. Kinda like, "the fun few" I suppose. But yeah, I heard from one of my buddies (I met him in real life at my school... that was weird 0_O) that he died. It was the strangest feeling ever. I didn't know if I should feel sad or what. I just felt.... weird. I hope none of these members have passed away or anything bad has happened to them. I mean, what if I suddenly stopped posting here one day, and a few months later, you heard I was dead or something? How would you feel? Strange stuff @_@;

I don't plan on dying anytime soon, by the way =).