List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Segmented any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio and video are fine. Didn't find any cheating.

I'm afraid I have to reject this, because he waits until only the IG remain, which are 3 hops away, when he could have retried until there was only the Tau, who are 2 hops away. Unless the Tau mission takes forever, 2 missions would be shorter than 3. He should also use hotkeys more. EVERYTHING should be done by hotkey if possible. The mouse should never enter the bottom right part of the screen. His strategy looked sound, so this should be easy to redo, just with more time put into the randomness in the beginning.

Quote:
It looks like the runner makes good use of hotkeys, building shortcuts, etc, and he has a very good idea of strategy. He knows what should be done when and how and the way he does it looks fine. Basically, planning looks very well thought out.

However, knowledge of hotkeys seems to be slightly lacking, albeit not by not. Like I said he can click the units and buildings etc, but he does have to physically click some of the buttons rather than to remember what the key is. I think a little more memorising and practicing could bring it up to scratch here.

I also don't quite understand why you left it to take on the Imperial Guard instead of Tau. It is randomly generated after all, so just restarting a few times to get the Tau as last people standing could help you more. Same as the above, I don't recall the final Tau fighting mission to win you the campaign, so I don't know if you had your own reasoning for doing that, but I'll just have to see that later.

Despite a few faults I do think this is pretty solid. Since we don't really have a run on this game currently on SDA, I think this is a pretty good attempt. The Grey Knight attack is a very effective strategy by the looks of things and he executes it very well.

One thing I would like to ask about though, is on the final mission with the IG, was it intentional to stall at the first attack? Is that first attack from the IG always that big? If that's not the case it might warrant a slight bit more speed if you push it a little. I haven't played this game extensively in the last few months so I'm a little unfamiliar, but I don't know whether that first attack from the IG is unavoidable...

It's a pretty tough decision but I think I'm going to accept this one. Hopefully though, the runner may attempt this again with a few extra points of experience under his belt.

- Learn the hotkeys a little more to cut down even more time,
- Try and experiment with the Tau mission if you didn't do this for difficulty's sake.

Video Quality - 10/10
Audio Quality - 10/10
Cheating = none.

Accept from me, but only just.

Quote:
I think it isn't totally fair to completely rule out the run just because of hotkey use. I don't know about you, but I find it quite comfortable to use the mouse with one hand and keyboard with the other, so in some ways a mixture of both could be equally as fast in my opinion.

As longshot quite rightly points out though your strategy is definitely there and you know how to deal with everything correctly. Also lucky you happened to be playing as Space Marines... my favourite in this game Wink Didn't think Grey Knights would work when I first heard about it though, I really didn't... That's news to me anyway.

I think if you can keep up a good standand of speed it shouldn't really matter what technique you can use... Like I said I am just as fast using a mixture of keyboard and mouse as I am with other things.
But as the other wanted to know the Tau would have been a better choice... however whenever I tried to fight Tau with space marines, I often ended up getting my ass uber-kicked. I don't know whether thats just because I'm a crap player Smiley or whether it's just much harder to play against them with Marines. I'm not too sure, but I would assume that is the reason.

Good Video
Good Audio
No Cheated seen.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: This is a weak accept, as there is no true consensus as to whether fighting Tau would be faster. Somebody is welcome to prove it by submitting a faster run, but according to Verifier 3 it's no simple task.

Congratulations to 'Sinochek!'
Thread title:  
Thanks.

It's impossible to leave Tau on a global map as they are very passive and wont move through the whole map(in my run you can see they didn't kill any race at all). After a series of experiments I've found the only 2(3) races that are agressive enough to wipe out all map, which are IG and Necrons(and on a very rare occasions Chaos can go on a rampage and kill everyone too).

The extra "hop" wont save any time - actually it will be quite the contrary as I will need to repel the Tau rush first, then defend against tough attacks(missile barges, kroots, lots of firewarriors) while teching, and then move enough units through the map to get a sight on Tau base for deepstrike.

As for the hotkeys - their use won't save any time at all as there is little to no micro required to control 1 squad of Grey Knights and few heroes.
Small, but important addition to the previous post:

Killing the Tau will be extremely hard and long, because in order to reach their stronghold the middle province need to be captured.
On Normal and Hard difficulty it will take considerable amount of time - assuming the Tau is the only race left on a global map this province's defense rating will be 10. That mean the enemy will have 2 bases with already constructed barracks, turrets and listening posts instantly after the beginning, while I'll start with just a servitor, commander and 1000 requisition(no honor guard as it will be the 1st conquest). Even with a fast GK strategy, or mass TSM, I wont be able to kill Tau HQs in time before my own is wiped out.