Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-10-11 03:44:34 pm
mikwuyma: 2010-10-11 03:44:13 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Juri Rosenkilde's Human, Undead, and Night Elf hard difficulty runs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
There were no problems with cheating, video, audio, or syncing.

This is a very impressive run. Short of new glitches or tricks, there's really not a very significant amount that it could be improved. The runner made use of many tricks I was aware of and a few new ones. Micromanaging in this run was VERY good. There's really nothing negative to be said.

Recommendation: Accept

Quote:
Elf5: I felt the Mountain Giants would have been better served holding trees the whole time and smashing buildings.
Elf6: Interesting that the runner didn't pick up the very easy to get Orb of Fire in this chapter. It's not far out of the way and should not add much, if any time at all to the mission.
Elf8: When Illidan walks around in his half of the map, there are a few items that he can get without much effort, specifically a Claws of Attack +15 and a Ring of Protection +5. I can't remember how to get them, I think they involved killing some stuff, so maybe not worth it.

Those are pretty much the only things I can nitpick about this run. Very easy accept.

Quote:
A/V - good stuffs

Cheating - none that I could pick out.

I really hate giving short comments for any runs I verify, but I really cant say much about this. The planning and execution was very well done. There were only a few minor (less that .25 seconds) mistakes that I picked out because of control of the army. Example would be clicking the attack command like 2 or 3 times in a very short period of time. Just really stupid small things like that. Hero ability's were used very well. Items, and there usage, and recourse gathering and spending was well thought out. I see no reason to not accept.

Again, sorry to the runner for the really short comments. But I would have just been a broken record and saying stuff like, "very well planned out, but I saw 1 or 2 very minor mistakes. nothing to worry about though" or "Damn that was good, I don't think I can find room for improvement." But really every stage was really really well done.

Quote:
Mike, just FYI, I'm having some difficulties getting ahold of a copy of Warcraft III which I need to install TFT to verify (previously owned game but lent to friend and didn't get it back, need to buy it again, credit card mysteriously declined everywhere, near-uncontactable bank, many hours on the phone waiting to speak to a human, finally now getting sent a new card). It'll be 7-10 working days before I can buy RoC and start  verifying this, and then I'll be back at uni and very busy. It may take me a couple of weeks from then, depending on whether I can find time.

Preliminary response in case I take too long and you want to post the verification thread without waiting for me: the run is awesome, it's a lot faster than both phobos's old, nearly-completed run and the newer run Stupid started working on around the time Liderharen came to the scene. Micro is insane, strats look solid and well-thought-out to me (although RTS is certainly not my strength, either as an ordinary gamer or as a speedrunner), and a handful of cute little tricks, glitches and exploits get used. Overall I'm pretty certain this will be getting an accept from me once I've spent some time studying it, and I find it difficult to imagine anyone giving a reject vote. All the same I hope I'll get a lengthy, detailed response written in the not-too-distant future, because a run of this quality and complexity deserves it. If I don't get it to you before you post the thread, I'll certainly comment the thread with an extended review.

Decision: Accept

Reason: These runs will be a good fit with the current runs.
Thread title:  
Bump!

Just wanted to ask if the last verifier ever finished his comments? Im looking forward to his comments even though the run has been accepted.
from red to blue
I'm Mr. T and I am a Night Elf Mohawk!
Liderharen - I'm the last verifier and I'm sorry to say I haven't even installed the game yet. Uni this year is proving to be a massive drain on my time, and what time I have had for SDA stuff has gone into other runs. Getting these comments done is the very next thing on my list of SDA-related tasks, though.
I'm verifier #2, and I'm kinda curious about the things I pointed out, whether they were planned or just something to incorporate into future submissions.
MG's should be not be using clubs unless they are hitting buildings. You could argue that they could have been hitting buildings more, but this was as good as could do it. It is really questionable how much time i would be able to save had i dont it better. Keep in mind that picking up trees takes time too and if they are hitting units while holding trees they do less damage.

I didnt know about the orb of fire. Without knowing exactly where it is im thinking i would probably get it should i choose to improve the run. It is questionable how much it really would help though.

Those items you mention in Elf 8 can't be picked up without sacrificing a significant amount of time.
The MGs: I was just thinking that if you spent a lot of your focus on micro'ing the Giants to make sure they're ALWAYS hitting buildings (and this can be achieved using shift-queueing so that after every building they destroy, they'll move on to the next target instead of hitting random things), it would save time since they do SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much damage to buildings with trees.

Orb of Fire: I just rechecked where it is, and it is MUCH closer than I thought it was. In fact, it's right along the path to finish the level. Basically, just after the SECOND mercenary camp, like literally, the minute it goes off screen, start looking to Maiev's southwest for a spot to blink. The Orb of Fire is in a crate in a tiny little area in between the trees.

Elf8: Fair enough. Smiley