--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ValkyrieProfile.html

Moka's 100% SS run.

Quote:
At first, I was literally stunned (!) when I noticed that the download of the V went up to 1,3 GB. Then I reread your message if it was truly SS. And then I was like ZOMGWTF! That dude made a Singlesegment 5 hours run! Kay, you gotta say, that huge parts are just talking and cutscenes, but he had to stay in front the console as in most cutscenes you have to advance through the text manually. So, big respect for that!

Next, I was shocked on how pitiful the japanese voices sound compared to the awesome voice acting of the english version. Its a shame this great run has those wimpy voices! Wink

Nevertheless, commenting on each dungeon in a 5 hours run would take unnecessary time here. I played Hard myself (one of the additional things that stunned me, its on Hard!) and know how it is played.

Its just awesome! That runner is really a master in VP, with all his precise and incredibly fast running, jumping and crystal placement. Ok, he made some minor movement mistakes, but who cares in a 5h SS run??

Escpecially the using of the crystal dust when reflecting the lasers was really sweet.

I can hardly tell which items he collected and what items he made with his Divine Points, but mostly he did Holy Waters, 2 Grams, Union Plumes, Angel Curios and other minor things for the mages. As far as I am able to tell, all things were necessary and no waste, at least no big wastes (I cant read Japanese!)

He chose good characters. He even used Wait Reaction to crush guards immediately which is a very good way of speeding things up. As he skipped most other characters, its quite ok to use that Archer, Llewelyn or so, but there are better ones like the first Lancer guy and his 2nd most damaging Soul Purifier, but looking at the battles, he was hardly necessary. Misty was almost my favorite, so hurray for that!

The equipping of that accessory that makes you fight no random battles at all was a really good choice before Lezards Tower, as that place is madly crowded. I didnt even know it was possible that fast to get the first Gram.

Just one thing I am asking myself is how he did not receive Freya to hunt him down, as he took almost all items from the chests. Maybe someone could explain that. I am sure it has something to do with him sending single items up and sending Lucian and Jelanda up later.

Usage of Auto Item and Guts + ANgel Curios made him almost invulnerable, so the casting of Might Reinforce and Spell Reinforce couldnt go to waste with the character dying. Good one!

So I gotta say this is one of the most impressive runs on SDA (I am sure it gets accepted). 5 hours in one go...is there any longer run on SS? He played near perfection, he memorized all the paths so well, especially in the Forest where you can get lost SO easily, totally impressive, really. And that precision in all dungeons!

Audio: Good (except for japanese voices Sad )
Video: Good, with 2 minor skips in it, but I couldnt detect cheating there, maybe because of Nate or the video length Smiley

Accept

So, as the comments are on Japanese, will you Mike translate them? As Japanese comments on an english site are suboptimal and I know you can speak Japanese! Someone should do it! The run deserves it. Its pretty self-explanatory for someone that played the game, but not for others Smiley

Quote:
Strangely it downloaded correctly the second time. Anyway, here's my notes:

-This was a Hard mode, A ending, all dungeons run in 4:29:44-ish if I mathed the ending battle time correctly.
-Good quality sound, video will probably be better in the final version but was good enough for me. There's a few points where it jumps ahead a bit, 1:30:43 in the vid is an example of that.
-There is one death in the run in Tombs of Amenti (3:24:50) used to exit the dungeon quickly.
-A save/reset/load occurs in Palace of the Dragon at 3:36:10 to avoid a freeze.

Overall I think it's a good run. The player has very good platforming skills and shows off all the dungeons skillfully. It's different enough from the current A ending run as it is 1) on Hard mode and 2) shows off all the available dungeons. The only dungeon not shown is a return trip to the Forest of Spirits for a second boss and more artifacts, but the entire dungeon was explored already anyway.

I accept this run.

Quote:

SS: The runner's memory card was blank when he started the run, the place where he saved and loaded always crashes if you don't save and load, and the file matches. I don't see any reason to doubt that this run is an SS.

Good points about this run:

-The planning is amazing. The runner constantly used specialty weapons such as the beast killer to take down bosses in one turn.
-Lots of cool little shortcuts and speedtricks, such as the crystal boosts and the shortcut in that one chapter 5 dungeon I forgot the name of.
-The runner actually managed to use Llewelynn effectively.
-Luck was very good for the most part.
-No major boners.

Bad points about this run:

-There are a lot of minor platforming and menu errors. I understand this run is SS, but the mistakes are still numerous.
-The runner's luck was occasionally atrocious, like near the end of the run against the clock tower boss. But in a four+ hour long SS
-Grey and Lezard's voices Sad

The good definitely outweighs the bad in this run, so I accept.

This next convo with a verifier will probably make it very obvious which verifier I am and who this guy is.

Quote:
Verifier: also as for VP run...it's definitely good but moonspeak made it too hard to follow sometimes
Verifier: i don't know some of the items he picked up etc.
[18:38] mikwuyma: okay he gets an orihalcum
[18:38] mikwuyma: what's that used for?
[18:38] mikwuyma: I can pick out some of the items for you
Verifier: that combines with creation jewel to make some dope shit
[18:38] mikwuyma: oh right
[18:38] mikwuyma: forgot about that
[18:38] mikwuyma: he doesn't use it until late
[18:38] mikwuyma: but he has all of those specialized items
[18:39] mikwuyma: like his wolf battle lol
Verifier: yeah that was one of the most obv things
Verifier: like i was considering that when i started my speedrun
Verifier: but he goes down quickly enough without it
[18:40] mikwuyma: well I liked the speedrun
[18:40] mikwuyma: my only complaint is a ton of small platforming mistakes
[18:40] mikwuyma: nothing big
Verifier: yeah like i said
Verifier: i did cleaner runs that were just way less lucky
[18:41] mikwuyma: yeah it's a pretty minor complaint
[18:41] mikwuyma: considering the game
[18:41] mikwuyma: and how long it is
[18:41] mikwuyma: and how good the planning was

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's single-segment Valkyrie Profile, what's not to like?
Thread title:  
Any news on this run?

I got really excited when I saw this, because I always loved the VP games.
Just wondering if this is still in queu of upload, or if it was rejected.
Fucking Weeaboo
Obviously it's not rejected...otherwise the post above you would have said so.
we have lift off
It can easily take 2 months to get through all the encoding and uploading etc. Shouldn't be too much longer though.
Sup!
Sorry for the post then. I was unaware of how long a run could take to actually make it on the site.
I would've thaught that the run could be rejected due to the language being foreign.

I personally would have no problem at all since i know the game in and out, but for others, it may be hard to follow.
I'm glad to hear thats not an issue anymore.

Thx for the quick reply.
Waiting hurts my soul...
sda doesn't discriminate based on language Wink
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
This run in particular was really delayed cuz of me, sorry Kzambro, Moka, et al. :-[

First I took like 10 years to verify (I hadn't played this game in years and I wanted to play it again to do a better detailed verification job since it's in Japanese, and got carried away with how awesome this game was and played through it 3 times, lol) and Mike eventually had to get someone else.

Then when I came back, I was gonna update with this run but procrastinated about 2 weeks.

I'll try to rush Moka's next run (verifiers found, waiting for him to submit... not this game though) through the system. Grin