List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Segmented any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
The play quality is excellent. They do a very good job of manipulating enemy turns so that they are as short as possible. On top of that, there's lots of luck manipulation with regards to accuracy, and with very low segmentation to boot. The only time wasted is from leveling, but it's not that big. Around 6 seconds per level up over 7 level ups; which totals to less than a minute in a run over two and a half hours long. Accept.

The only problem is video quality. There's a 1 pixel bob on all of the videos, and the sound is missing on segment 13. It seems like the whole thing needs to be reencoded. And, hopefully the sound isn't missing on the source video for segment 13.

Quote:
Run looks really solid to me, shame about the levelling oversight they mentioned, but that's pretty much all I could see wrong with this run, as a piece of gameplay. Hopefully the video quality will be better in the actual release, as it was pretty hard to see what was going on in the darker levels. The bobbing is also a problem, as previously mentioned, so most likely re-encoding is the way to go.

Assuming the video issues can be sorted, I see no reason this shouldn't be accepted, it's a really great run, and I can't see any significant improvements to be made.

Big ol' Accept.

Quote:
Ok, first let me apologize for my lateness.  Life took a turn for the busy and I couldn't watch the run right away.  I must say it was certainly worth the wait.  This run was absolutely spectacular!  The gameplay was superb, the tactics were out of this world, things I never would have thought of were done so perfectly.  I wanted to rename the game Alicia Chronicles at one point what with how they practically solo'd the entire game with her.  The players had a complete mastery of the orders and everything else with the game and it clearly shows.  The only problem was the video quality, which everyone else mentioned as well.  I'm hoping it will be improved with a reencode because it was very difficult to see what was going on.

So my final verdict: HUGE ACCEPT!!!  Great job!!

Segment 13 has since been fixed.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to -M2- and Tigger77!
Thread title:  
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
Thanks for verifying (and accepting) guys Grin
spread the dirt to the populace
hope this means you get crackin on the best game ever with a sheep stage
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Just saw the run, and while I'm normally find tactic games boring and annoying, I was blown away with the execution of this speed run and can see that alot of work went into making this run happen...

To the runners, you guys did a great job, and can't wait to see what comes next...
I watched this run not long ago and enjoyed it. I did wonder about some things though (keep in mind I haven't played seriously in a long time):

- Could you have used the Town Watchman in segment 1 instead of Welkin? I'm sure his aim is even worse, but wouldn't it save time from posing?

- If the generic dude is no good, maybe Welkin shouldn't get so close. For such a short segment, I'm not sure why Welkin had to move that far. I didn't pay super close attention though, so I might have missed something obvious.

- I've heard male shocktroopers fire much faster than females and it definitely looked true from watching Salinas at the end. Couldn't that have been useful for the Batomys chapter, the Lupus, or the Marmota? Probably not much time difference either way, but still.

Other than these little questions, something big jumped out at me for Selvaria's Last Stand. I'm guessing you guys were in a bit of a rush to finish the run at that point, because I'm not sure why you did the standard Alicia spam there. From what testing I did last night (yay curiosity!), it definitely seems like the Shamrock is faster than any other plan. It goes something like this:

1. Switch the Shamrock to the gatling gun at some point when you're in R&D anyway.
2. Start map. No need to deploy because the tanks are automatically placed.
3. Mash X to pick Welkin, switch to smoke rounds, R1 twice to aim at shocktrooper elite, and bring the firing arc all the way back towards Welkin before shooting.
4. Move the Shamrock into the smoke and try to line up with Selvaria (the railroad makes for a convenient guide).
5. Let her see you and then inch back until the sight line goes away.
6. One-round kill with the gatling gun.

I tested this with a base Shamrock, so you don't need the link belt or sight upgrades to make it happen. Zaka tends to spray bullets all over the place, but nothing luck manipulation can't handle. Worst case scenario you'll need to go two rounds and listen to her speech, but even that should be faster than Alicia. (Amusingly enough, I got the one-round kill on my first try and then it never happened again. :P)
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
Thanks for the feedback

The first segments are really bad compared to the later ones I noticed that too and thought I was just not thinking at that point I guess we had not get the full potential of the luck-manipulation at this point :-(

I don't know about the female male difference should look into it thanks for pointing that out

THAT STATAGIE IS AMAZING never thought of anything like that in my testings she ducket every try when I tryed to hit her from the start