mikwuyma: 2011-09-02 11:02:15 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Trojan.html

Any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Hey Flipster,
  Trojan verification for ya.

No cheating, game is too straight forward for that anyway.
Audio and visual is good.

Game play is pretty good throughout.  One thing I mentioned in my verification of the inaugural run of Trojan was the crappy controls.  This run actually makes them look decent.  This plays into the summary of the new run.  No big route changes or glitches, just improved execution.

Most notably, the old run gets caught up in the water during stage 2.  The new run moves like Aqua Man.  And stage 4 in general is where the new run takes off and keeps a chunky lead.  Also, the final boss fight is so sexy I can hardly stand it.

This game isn't exactly the most popular.  It was always more of a "cult classic" IMO.  So seeing two people compete over it in less than a year is a bit of a treat for me.  But to the faster time goes the spoils.

ACCEPT

And to think, I did that entire verification with no condom jokes...

Quote:
Trojan NES
Verification respond.

Hi i am Master-88. New Trojan run is improvement over my run and its par as fast as TG run.
Level 1 158 time remain (+2 seconds faster than me)
Level 2 144 time remain (+3 seconds faster than me)
Level 3 144 time remain (+3 seconds faster than me)
Level 4 130 time remain (+2 seconds faster than me)
Level 5 173 time remain (-1 seconds slower than me)
Level 6 152 time remain (+3 seconds faster than me)
Level 7 196 time remain (+3 seconds faster than me)
Total 15 ingame seconds faster run than my one and one ingame seconds faster than TG run. Estimate real completion time are 6:57. Its somewhere 17 seconds faster than my SDA run.

This run is surely possible improve. But as far as i can tell, this game requires nearly 100% luck everywhere. All enemys are random and especially armadillos levels 2-1 & 4-2. Both Armadillo encounters was quite good here. Some bad enemy locations, but nothing else which look bad.

Because this run is improvement over my SDA run and its also par as good as TG WR run. Without doubt i´ll ACCEPT this.

Quote:
A/V - I can only get the file to play in VLC, but I don't remember exactly if matroska usually works for me with other players than vlc. The resolution is 720x512. I haven't seen that before and I don't know if that's a sign of anything strange. Anyways, now it's noted down. Other than those two remarks, quality is fine and audio synchs.

Gameplay - I will start out by correcting Master-88. This is not on par with the TG-run. This is around one second FASTER. The TG-run is really good and, believe it or not, was actually a real "world record" before this submission. When I watched this run and looked at the time, I was actually a bit surprised that there is still a bit of time to be shaved off. Maybe even as much as 10 seconds, but that's theory. This run will provide a tough challenge to beat for any contender. I'm sure the runner could improve if he wanted, but this is already damn good.

Recommendation - ACCEPT. This is a huge improvement to the current run on the site and even beats all the other Trojan speedruns reported on the net. My compliments to the runner. There is random stuff in a lot of places in this game and to constantly jump (by diagonal pressing on the d-pad) is annoying as hell. Good job for overcoming those difficulties and delivering this run !!!

Time - I can't open this in avidemux to check the first and last frames, but I believe the time should be 06:56.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Daniel "zorix" Eriksson!
Thread title:  
Speedrunner
Thanks for Accept! I guess im more known as Dxtr than zorix in the console world, either works! Smiley
Speedrunner
Notes about the run:

As Master-88 said, the run can be easily improved by 10-20 seconds if the armadillos goes perfect, good enemy spawns etc.  (Good luck with that)
I Almost reset this because of 167 on the first armadillo. Anything under 167-168 was to me unacceptable.

And i do believe this run obsoletes the TG WR-run.
There are few mistakes here and there which costs me 3-4 seconds total, but im satisfied as it is... till it gets beaten. Wink
Speedrunner
Since i lost my files, i cant send in a proper submission. Shame on me.

You can still find the run here if you want to see it.
Willing to teach you the impossible
shweet
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
That was nice.  Berry nice.  Cap'n Crunch Berry nice.