List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Marko 'MASTER-88' Vanhanen's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
There is no doubt, this is a legit run.  Gameplay is good, like he said a few bad encounters, but nothing major.  Impressive.  Yes, this is good enough for SDA

Video quality is fine, but the audio seems to be out of sync and becomes obvious at the start of stage 3-1 and gets worse later on.

Quote:
Howdy Mike,
  How's the east coast?

Trojan condom run  <-- I get five bucks for everybody else who makes that joke.

Audio seems just a touch off and gets worse as the run progresses.
Visual is fine.

No cheatin'.

Level 1:
I love the encouragement - "Let's try the first stage".  Otherwise, what you'd expect for the first level, piece o cake.

Level 2:
Could be a little more aggressive with the green armadillon.  What the hell is that banshee looking boss thing supposed to be anyway?  Goblin my ass...

Level 3:
Elevator level sucks ass, but is handled nicely.  Just a small hiccup before the boss on part 2.

Level 4:
Nothing to complain about.

Level 5:
Nicely done.

Level 6:
Gets a bit molested at the beginning.  The rest is good.

Final boss gets sodomized and doesn't even get the reach around.

The NES version has some crappy controls, especially with the jumping.  I mention that as the only real big room for improvement is more jump-killing.  But because of the said sucky controls, I'll grant some leniency.
Bottom line, this is one of those games I first played and beat after renting it from blockbuster as a kid.  Glad to see it come home at SDA.

ACCEPT.

P.S.  Iron Arm looks like a pedo.  Just sayin...

Quote:
Cheating - No cheating.

Timing - 7:14 and change by my count.

Video/Audio - I know this isn't the final encode, but I experienced SERIOUS Audio desync, which got progressively worse through the run. Audio would come before the video by more than a second by the end of the run. My codecs are up to date. I also ran this through quicktime, Windows Media and VLC with the same result. Video quality is a touch fuzzy but I'm sure this will improve if the run is accepted and there is a final encode. As it stands right now however, the audio is a big problem.

Run Notes:

1-1 - Some of the jump attacks could perhaps be a bit more optimized to conserve forward momentum, but I know the enemy spawns can make this difficult to anticipate. Otherwise very fast.

1-2 - Gets the P powerup quickly, the boss fight against iron arm is a bit of a mess. Not a horrific loss of time, but definitely not as clean as later iron arm fights.

2-1 - Good.

2-2 - Pond is a little slow, some strange shield movements and tons of damage taken, but the boss fight is stellar.

3-1 - Good, although here the audio desync is starting to annoy me. Good boss fight against the muscler.

3-2 - Hung up a little bit on the last elevator, but otherwise good.

4-1 - Powerups received in pretty good time, good level and boss fight (much better than last iron arm)

4-2 - Some minor slowdowns from damage, but that's par for the course.

5-1 - Pretty much optimal until the second boss, which is still dealt with pretty quickly. Audio desync is serious at this point.

6-1 - Got sandwiched here and there losing a bit of time but otherwise good.

6-2 - Stage is really excellent. Twin King Shriek fight is equally good. This is the best executed part of the run for me. Methodical and fast.

Achilles - While the runner isn't happy with his Achilles defeat time, it's still quite fast.

Verdict: Accept. I can whine about being slowed down here and there, but this game is WAY harder than the runner makes it look. Fine work!

Pressing Up to jump sucks.

Decision: Accept

Reason: I won't ban you, Master-88...

...yet.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
MASTER-88: 2010-10-11 10:27:47 am
Master-88
Cool see you accepted this run.

This is maybe fastest verification ever.

This was really nice reason accept my run LOL. Grin