Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Trials Evolution (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Reject

Reason: This isn't two weeks, but from the comments so far this is a pretty clear reject.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/1091/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Trials Evolution (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/Speedrun---Trials-Evolution-Any---504319-WR--Extreme-tracks-at-the-end.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Sept. 21, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
Judgy: 2014-09-08 04:22:00 pm
Judgy: 2014-09-08 04:20:55 pm
Judgy: 2014-09-08 04:19:46 pm
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
Gunna Keep it short and sweet.

lack of polish overall and no I'm not saying this game is easy by any means.... but it looks sloppy there's annoying amounts of "dashboarding" or "X-box menu-ing" whatever you want to call it.
What looked like a near rage quit at one point when the runner failed a stage and not only brought up the x-box menu but looked to be navigating it to the tab with "turn off console" before deciding to continue (25:25 to 26:50 for that little gem)

Extreme tracks should be left out they hold no real purpose here.

It looks like an ok result of a PRACTICE stream and nothing more, but maybe I'm being too harsh

REJECT (not even a weak one)
-Actively changes route three times in the SPHERE minigame
-Does not seem to realize that your head is what trips checkpoints/finish lines; it's possible to save upwards of 1/3 to 1/2 second on some finishes by forcing your head to cross the line before your bike.
-Sloppy runs on easy tracks.
-Rarely leans, or performs any kind of momentum conservation techniques, including simple tech which is hard to fail for even a mid-level player.  These techniques are low-risk/high-reward and should be implemented.
-Rarely bothers to use proper braking to stay low over ramps/jumps which can save a ton of time throughout the entire run.
-theblazejp's current Trials Evolution: Gold Edition any% WR run, which requires getting 100 more medals as well as menuing between two different sets of tracks (Evo Gold includes the Trials HD tracks) is only around five minutes slower than this.  This run should be MUCH shorter.
-As Judgy said, the run ends when the Trials Trophy is received (at 135 medals in vanilla XBLA Trials Evolution).  The extreme tracks are unnecessary fluff.

REJECT.
Edit history:
TheBlazeJp: 2014-09-08 06:49:26 pm
TheBlazeJp: 2014-09-08 06:49:23 pm
TheBlazeJp: 2014-09-08 06:49:21 pm
-Holds back consistent during a lot of the core trials tracks, doesn't lean head over finish line to save time on each track
-Minimal practice, knowledge or execution of timesavers
-No selective track picking, Plays a lot of tracks that are not needed (The long ones)
-Also has the extreme tracks in the run and video which are not included in the Any% catagory, The run ends at the trophy
A high quality run of this would be in the 30 minute - 35 minute threshold

I'd Reject Personally
Decision posted.