Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2009-11-06 09:25:02 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/TraumaCenterSO.html

szsk's 100% (all stages, all XS ranks) run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: well mike; its 100% all xs on a trauma center game. that pretty much demands perfection in speed, accuracy, and skill...Could it be a tiny bit faster? yeah, but you would have to stretch out every trick in the book.

Quote:
Let me start by saying that, as I have never played this game other than casually, I am likely not one of the best people to verify this run.  There were many points in the video where I simply had to trust that the runner knew what he/she was doing.

With that out of the way, I'd have to say this run should be accepted.  It contained a fair amount of mistakes, a couple of them costing upwards of half a minute, but considering just how long the run is and how well/quickly-played everything is they are perfectly acceptable.  Besides the aforementioned mistakes, the only way I could see for the runner to improve the run would be to make the opening incision in each surgery faster, but the game can be pretty nitpicky about that, so the runner taking his/her time there is understandable.

Basic things, such as audio/video quality and lack of cheating are also fine.  Hopefully the other verifiers will be able to give better responses.

Quote:
Ugh, sorry this took so long.  Had some problems downloading the video.

We'll start with the downsides.  The three restarts were not desirable, but understandable, as Tetarti without Healing Touch suck.  A lot.  X-3 for both doctors seemed like it could have been faster, as there's no combo requirement like for the other X-missions.  He was probably being cautious to avoid letting a single membrane multiply.  Naomi's X-7 had some rather annoying hiccups with bad sutres.  Lastly, I think he could have been a bit more aggressive on some of the earlier Paraskevi missions, though definitely not on X-6.

However, this is largely made up for by the high quality of play throughout.  The restarts happened exactly where I expected them to (Tetarti without Healing Touch), and he never lost a patient.  It took me forever to XS the X missions, and he manages to make it look easy while 2 hours into a SS run.  Definitely accept this.

On another note, watching the run reminded me of just how weird some of the XS ranks are.  Sitting around to let a disease do more damage just so you can heal it and get a higher score seems like malpractice to me, but apparently...

Verdict: Accept

Reason: Getting all XS ranks in a single-segment run is no small feat.
Thread title:  
Waiting hurts my soul...
Good job on getting the bounty. It is sub-3 hours right? I guessing you wouldn't submit it if it wasn't.

Are you going to do New Blood too?

Even though it's not on the main list, Prognosis_4 mentions it in his post. You should probably ask him about that though.
Edit history:
I_eat_tables: 2010-02-12 03:10:55 pm
Fire Emblem?
Why are the restarts at the start of the video included when they're not really a part of the run (he starts a new game after each one)? Shouldn't they have been edited out?

Edit: Especially given that the run doesn't really start until 20 minutes in, which is excessive.
I noticed that too. It looks like they even included the restarts in the timing, which is very strange indeed.
Fire Emblem?
I think there's a serious problem here... The run needs to be edited and retimed by the looks of things.
Looks like they're on it. I was wrong about the timing, and here's why:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/forum/index.php/topic,11326.msg315309.html#new
Fire Emblem?
Ah. I looked at the main page and thought "The video's just under 3 hours, restarts at 20 minutes and the run is timed at 2:43... yeah, that's not going to work" but yeah, that's 10 minutes off apparently Tongue
WHAT
inspired seems like a better word than motivated but then again i dont speak sim
Note: The in-game timer is not used because healing touch slows it down.

As someone who doesn't know more about this game than what is said there, it seems inconsistent to me, because other games like Max Payne II also have in-game timer manipulation and it is still used as a measurement, so maybe it should be made more clear?