--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/TraumaCenterSO.html

szsk's normal difficulty single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Note: The video problem some of verifiers mention has since been fixed.

Quote:
There are many small small mistakes.. and they add up quite mightily. There are constant problems (past the opener level when you NEED to) where the runner applys the Healing Salve/Liquid. Then, he also has some problems in starting cuts. He misses them quite a few times.

There are some great things, he can follow the kyraiki nearly flawless, especially the mother leaving absolutely no trace. He works off incredible speed, but his speed sometimes gets the better of him. In the first Triti, there are a few flops.

Things are done soo well, but there are soo many little things that aren't up to his par. So many things just get blown away, but he stumbles and trips over small things.. its kinda embarassing, but it seems like the runner can't keep up with his own speed sometimes.

Also the verification copy I got, video cut off too ealry, and the audio was completely out of sync...

But so far, unless "No More Heroes" and the final Savato battle come and absolutely drop my jaw, this is a reject.

You can't keep a strong A game, and then let some of the basics suffer to a large degree

Quote:
Much better quality.

I would have to say accept, the player here has improved the time in two ways:

-More aggressive playing. Even though he plays on Normal instead of hard, this guy has, no pun intended, the hands of a surgeon. He has faster fingers, takes more risks, and is more confident in using the tools. His stitching is the fastest I've seen on for normal players, and in a single segment too; very impressive.
-Lots of time was saved by skipping episodes; at the start, pressing pause, and going to episode select. Very clever. It makes the movie shorter, and takes out more of that unwanted plot.

Speaking of plot, it being in japanese isn't too bad, since the plot is skipped through fast anyways. Would've liked it to be in english, but oh well.

This shouldn't replace the hard mode, because of the difference in difficulty despite the better playing.

Quote:
OK, it works now.

Anyways, as for the run, no cheating I could detect.  The play quality is great; quick, accurate, and fast (yes, I know that was slightly redundant).  A few operations could have gone a bit better (usually Triti or Tetarti), but it's still a great job.

I say accept, assuming of course it's faster than the current run.  Since I'm not sure what the convention for where timing starts in this game is, I'm not going to try to time it myself.

Quote:
The video you sent still has 2 problems on my end: First, the AVI was broken, so I had to use VLC to fix it. Second, the video cuts off near the beginning of the final boss fight.

Still, from what I saw, this is a definite accept. The player's suturing speed, level memorization, and just overall performance is amazing. The only mistakes in the run were either to be expected since this is SS, or they were the result of bad luck, which is again completely understandable when you're playing that many levels in a row.

Quote:
Sorry this took so long. Here are my comments.

There was no cheating, and the sound and video quality were good.

There were a quite few amazing moments in this run, such as whenever the runner fought the kyriaki and the first savato fight. Weaver's third operation was particularily amazing. There is also a skip that was found that greatly reduces the amount of time taken on Savato's first form.

There were also a bunch of sloppy moments. Whenever the runner fought Tetarti he would miss constantly. Each miss probably only takes off about a tenth of a second, but it still looks awful. More jarringly, he takes forever to beat the second from of Savato in the second operation against it. In one phase, he goes about a minute without even damaging it at one point, then takes off all of its health in only ten or twenty seconds.

Sometimes while watching it I felt like the only reason it was faster than the other run was because the runner skipped cutscenes (which isn't true). Then an operation comes along that will make your jaw drop. It is single segment, so I can't expect it to all be perfect.

I'm going to have to accept this run. No matter how many problems are in it, it still beats the current run by 17 minutes. However, I would definitely encourage the runner to try and improve this run even more, especially working on the operations that were sloppy. (Tetarti, I'm looking at you.)

Decision: Accept

Reason: The runner uses techniques that are faster than the current run, despite some of the sloppiness the first verifier mentioned.

Observant readers might notice that I didn't write the runner's real name. MT (our Japanese contact) told me a lot of Japanese players have a problem with giving out their real name (privacy issues and such). Enhasa and I agreed that we'd rather have runs done by runners too shy to give out their real name than reject such runs. Furthermore, we both agreed that it's unfair to give this privilege exclusively to Japanese runners, so as a result, real names are no longer required.

We still prefer that you give us your real name for posting, as it does look more professional.

So all 4 or 5 runs that weren't submitted by people too shy to reveal their names can be submitted now ;).

P.S. We will change the rules page to reflect this change during the summer.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2009-04-29 09:34:24 am
Waiting hurts my soul...
I don't know why people don't just give some kind of pseudonym, but to each their own.
sda is never getting adopted by the real world. nor should it. the real world sucks.

the plan (at least in my mind) was always to have sda replace the real world.

not that it matters, since mike and enhasa deciding on something means it will happen since i'm only 1/3 of the administration, but for the record, i agree with this change.