My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Maciej 'groobo' Maselewski's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: merry gear solid is near perfect, not really anything to say
Verifier: enhasa0: same for tower of heaven

Quote:
hmmm... no ending? REJECT!! What? Not necessary? Runner's discretion? fine... but it has a hash code at the end that verifies the run time by the developer. Just thought it'd be cool to show that off.

Video and Audio are good, at least the quality of it.

No cheating detected.

The puff of smoke/dirt that normally occurs when you land didn't appear on the second jump of the fourth level.

In the sixth level, you don't need to drop down to the lower level at 50 seconds. It doesn't save time, but it's possible to jump to the moving platform once it's gone offscreen. To time it right, I usually wait on the block you land on at 47 seconds until the platform goes offscreen. Then you can jump to the far side and jump again barely missing the spike. It's more for flair than anything else.

Last level: It seems like you could almost get to the third floor a little faster, but trying it out myself it doesn't seem to work. Close, but doesn't seem to work.

Everything good. I hope you enjoyed your retirement. Wink

Quote:
I was surprised when I saw this on the verification list as this is most definitely a freeware indie game, has the policy changed or is it another one of those Cave Story exceptions?

No cheating, deaths, or technical problems. The first area music sounded like it was missing one of the sawtooth channels but since the music is .ogg I honestly don't know how to explain that. Different version maybe?

98%+ of this run is unquestionably precise, taking jumps, dodging saws, and hitting fans in ways I wasn't sure were possible. The only notable pause I wish weren't there is in the final level, when he has to wait for a platform to come down before he can climb on it. I have a feeling that it's POSSIBLE to get up there without having to wait, but it looks incredibly difficult on top of all the other shit you have to do to get a time this low. I have yet to get under 2:45.

Short and sweet run. Accepted.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Nice to see you out of retirement, groobo. Smiley
Thread title:  
boss
Quote from mikwuyma:
Reason: Nice to see you out of retirement, groobo. Smiley

It's not like that! I mean... ummm... AHHH GODDAMMIT!

Quote:
but it has a hash code at the end that verifies the run time by the developer. Just thought it'd be cool to show that off.

Here :P.

Quote:
In the sixth level, you don't need to drop down to the lower level at 50 seconds. It doesn't save time, but it's possible to jump to the moving platform once it's gone offscreen. To time it right, I usually wait on the block you land on at 47 seconds until the platform goes offscreen. Then you can jump to the far side and jump again barely missing the spike. It's more for flair than anything else.

I do know that no matter if you take the higher or lower path in that level, you'll still have to wait for the same platform to get into the right position for you to jump to the exit. I'm not a big risk-your-run-just-for-fun fan, so I just drop down there :P.

Quote:
Last level: It seems like you could almost get to the third floor a little faster, but trying it out myself it doesn't seem to work. Close, but doesn't seem to work.

+
Quote:
The only notable pause I wish weren't there is in the final level, when he has to wait for a platform to come down before he can climb on it. I have a feeling that it's POSSIBLE to get up there without having to wait, but it looks incredibly difficult on top of all the other shit you have to do to get a time this low.

NO NO NO NO It is not possible. I had a couple of attempts where I made it alive, literally by a pixel, past the last vertically moving yellow block while it was still moving downwards. This basically means I had the opportunity to jump for the platform as soon as it is possible. And I did. And I didn't make it. So stfu about it :P.
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
I wonder why that first verifier was addressing me. Wink