Tony Hawk's Project 8 (ntscus) (xb360/ps3) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'ThePackle'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Tony Hawk's Project 8 (ntscus) (xb360/ps3) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/tonyhawk-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
This is the first time I've heard any talk about those different dashboards affecting speedruns. I wonder if that's quite specific to this game or whether people just didn't bother bringing it up or what?

Seriously, I have no idea how I managed to verify the last Project 8 run without the run comments (I verifiably did verify it). I feel like they're my life support. But I'm in my death throes anyhow Tongue

The quality is 60 frames and 640x480 which is lower than the current run but if that counts as HQ, it's as high of a quality as we require. But if you had a higher-quality raw... Also there's that kind of weird thing happening down the bottom of the screen during gameplay that you sometimes see. I don't think we've been rejecting based on that though.

Yeah so this is over 2 minutes off the second-place run on Speedrun.com and in the order of 10 minutes off the 2015 SDA run. Only thing is I think I spotted some cheating... you're certainly cheating physics all the time everywhere all at once! I can't even begin to think what nightmare getting the more high-tier challenges will be if you stick with your plan.

easy accept
A/V: Looks good, but I agree that the lower pixel row is slightly distracting. The raw file has been uploaded and this was encoded by nate, so it should be possible to correct it for the final encodes.

Gameplay: When I saw the comments for this submission, I could tell this would be good and worth a watch. I was not disappointed. With so much going on pretty much all the time, Tony Hawks speedruns can be a bit overwhelming if you're not familiar with the games, so the comments were much appreciated.

It's understandable that this kind of game with so many options and new glitches waiting to be discovered regularly see route optimizations. But with today's knowledge, this run appears very well optimized and it's a huge improvement over the currently hosted run.

Congrats on a great run and good luck when you decide to tackle the other categories!

ACCEPT
I'm adding a reminder about needing to re-encode in the back end.
Decision posted.