Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
moooh: 2013-02-13 11:08:37 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/TonyHawk3.html

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Any %) (Single Segment) [THPS: 3 Medals]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I watched XQ. Audio video is fantastic, no problems there. No cheating detected.

This is a run that comes along very rarely. A route that is so insane that it requires godlike execution just to try it. The fact that the gameplay is nigh on perfect make this run so worth watching and such an easy accept that I only watched the run again because it's that damn good. The runner says there are mistakes in here but I'm not sure anyone believes him. If this run ever gets beaten it will be a glorious day for speedrunning. Congratulations George, you have made something inspirational.

Quote:
A/V good, no cheating
Timing of 3:55 is correct, assuming I remember the rules correctly.  As a side note, though, exactly 2:30 elapsed in-level according to the game’s timer.

Unfortunately, there is a mistake in the first round of the Tokyo competition, so I’ll have to reject this…  Oh wait, this isn’t a TAS.  My bad. Wink  In that case…

Formality.

Overall the execution and strategies in this run are absolutely superb, but a couple things stand out.  To have a run completely free of bails is an accomplishment already, but to do it with no points in Manual or Grind is nuts, especially with the combo in Los Angeles (all of the quake rails, which takes some skill even with maxed Manual and Grind).  And the jump to get the secret tape in Suburbia (the one mentioned in the comments)… I think I’ve done that once – certainly no more than twice – and I played this game way too much in high school.  The menus were also so fast that somebody on youtube thought this run was a TAS on that merit alone.  The run is that good.  Accept.

And congrats to the runner, because holy freaking crap...

Quote:
Audio and video is good, no cheating.

This is the greatest run ever.

Accept.

Quote:
A/V excellent, no cheating evident

Difficult to say anything that hasn't been said already. Like verifier 2 I could only spot one error that cost the runner almost a second, a stationary ollie at the beginning of the first run of Tokyo.

This run is sick

Accept

Quote:
It's beautiful.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Joel 'George' Hall
Thread title:  
Quote:
And the jump to get the secret tape in Suburbia (the one mentioned in the comments)… I think I’ve done that once – certainly no more than twice – and I played this game way too much in high school.
That's not even the jump I'm talking about in the comments--it's the transfer from the planks against the fence to the lower wire with the branches on it. The timing on it is so precise, I would get it about 25% of the time before I found a more proper set up for it.
Sandbagging
Will you be my plushie?
Quote from George:
That's not even the jump I'm talking about in the comments--it's the transfer from the planks against the fence to the lower wire with the branches on it. The timing on it is so precise, I would get it about 25% of the time before I found a more proper set up for it.

Huh, I remember the jump to the power lines being tricky, but that jump has been been the way I've completed that particular objective for a long time.  That said, I can't remember whether or not I aimed a bit to the right and got it in three grinds.  I also played on console, which can affect things.  On the other hand, getting the tape the way you did really was stupid hard for me.  Maybe I was really good at some things and sucked at others... who knows.  Either way, great run!