List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Single-segment easy run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Okay, video and audio quality are just fine. The video gets caught up in a few places, but it should be obvious that the game is causing the issue.

We don't have to wait too long for the problems to start. About 6 minutes into the run, he neglects being able to fast travel to the next area, which saves more time than you would think it would.

There are optimizations he could be making all over the place. A lot of the time, he skates switch, which decreases his stats, making him slower. In a few places he lets the walk timer run out to end his combo instead of getting back on his board, which is faster. A few times, he has a combo going as the goal timer runs out. It doesn't seem like he's too good at getting scores. Sometimes his route and goal strategies are questionable.

The most obvious mistakes in the run are the AMJAM failure which wastes over 30 seconds and taking about 45 seconds to do Tony Alva's bert slide mission when it should take no more than 10. All in all, there might be 5 to 7 minutes worth of mistakes.

However, there are some good ideas here, and there's evidence that a lot of thought went into this run. If the runner had made a few more attempts, I feel like he might have gotten a little luckier with the mistakes and could have made a better run.

I reccomend rejecting the run because of the mistakes.

Quote:
Video Quality: Good
Audio Quality: Good

The run: Reject

The route of the run seems pretty good the only thing I could see as a possible improvement
is different pro recruiting missions but without testing I cant really say.

The mistakes are numarous in this run including some within the 1st 10 mins which would have
caused me to restart. Just lots of little things which add up. Going back and playing it
I did feel a bit more lenient towards some of the becuase the contols really do suck when
trying to make small adjustments or do anything precise. Having said that I still think their
are too many mistakes and restarts of missions.

Even if their were no mistakes I would still be reluctant to accept this run for two simple
reasons.

1. The runner doesnt seem to realise that if you skate switch then your stats are decreased,
which includes your speed stat. You dont go that much faster but such a simple thing that
has no risk/disadvantage should be made use of.

2. Just a quick search on youtube led me to a sequence break at the start of the game that
once I tested found It would save at least 2:30 off the runners time.

Yeah so I kinda like the run but its just not up to the quality of the other tony hawks runs
on the site. I mean I wouldnt be annoyed if other people thought it went up. Maybe I'm being
too harsh???

Decision: Reject

Reason: Too many errors, mostly execution errors, but a couple of planning errors too.

The run will be available for download for a month. PM me if you want a copy.
Thread title:  
train kept rollin
Is the second verifier me? I dont remember but that sounds like what I said?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
lol yes, that's you, pootrain.
http://dnbteam.net/
Well that's that. Maybe I'll try again, maybe I won't. I've been playing Saints Row 2 for a while and I'm getting good at it. I don't know. I don't have too much time for speed running now. I have my final high school exams coming up in a few weeks.
train kept rollin
This was the skip I was talking about.