List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/TombRaiderLegend.html

Jarek 'j.calling.2bad' Hanzelka's Tomb Raider (hard) run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
The run is very optimised, with only a few minor mistakes, and all the tricks from the current run are incorporated where they are needed. The new tricks and shortcuts are also smoothly added, also, most of the fights are slightly faster. It has no cheating or video problems. There's not much else to say.

I'm not sure on whether it should completely replace the current run or not; the current run uses the pretty glitchy left-roll bug, but the new run uses multiple out of bounds and checkpoint exploits (that require quitting to the menu mid-segment) that probably cut off more than half the game vs the current run and may warrant another category. I guess I'll leave that judgement to SDA or/and other verifiers.

Quote:
First, I think this run should be published as a seperate category. The use of the airwalk glitch skips quite a bit of game content. It might be good for the viewers to keep a normal and a "glitched" run.

I basically have one word to describe this run: WOW. It definitely meets SDA standards in terms of quality gameplay and entertainment. Having never seen those glitches in action, the run kept me entertained from start to finish.

You have to have played the game to really know how much is skipped by all those glitches, but even if you've never played it, the execution of those glitches looks awesome, and you would definitely have an idea of the magnitude of the skips.

Video and audio are fine, no desyncs, no missing segments (although that might not be obvious because of the checkpoint glitch, but it's well explained in the comments). If you pay attention, you'll notice that the amount of health packs, grenades and ammo changes between levels. This is normal. The game "resets" your gear to a default set of equipment at each level change. To the best of my ability, I couldn't detect any cheating.

I vote to ACCEPT the run. It's really entertaining, fast paced, and shows off awesome glitches!

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a really tight run, though I'm not entirely sure whether this should replace the current run or be placed in a new category.
Thread title:  
AT LAST! Cheesy

I vote for a seperate category as well. Among other things, MMAN included some more general stuff in his comments which is good to know as well, and as verifiers said, airwalk alone has such an impact it almost seems this is a run of a completely different game. I skip many places which MMAN runs through, and MMAN also used some glitchless shortcuts which would've been useless for me, so I think his run should stay up.
I vote for separate category, too.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Okay, so airwalking and OOB is a separate category?
Well, it is on TombRunners site, but it's up to SDA if they move OoB to a separate category for this game, but airwalk should definitely be there.