Quote:
Tomb Raider Anniversary: Croft Manor run

-sound ok
-video ok
-no cheating
-synced segments
-super short run
-nice use of airwalk
-that door glitch exists in the other versions (you can't move for a short time)
-used the checkpoint respawn glitch to appear inside the room without walking through the door

very good and optimized as the game allows

ACCEPT

Quote:
Hi Mike,

Although I'd be better at judging a glitchless run, here's my feedback.

Using the glitches cuts down what would be under 15-ish minutes to 2. The runner obviously knows his way with the controls, the glitches and around the manor. The routes are efficient. The video and the audio are fluent.

The runner first takes Lara to the room where the gun is stored. Then he directly goes to the music room to finish the run. Someone who knows the glitches more should be able to tell if grabbing the gun is really necessary to enter the music room.

The runner *IS* skipping the majority of the level so this run should have its separate category from others where all or most rooms are properly visited.

As I said I can't judge the glitches but the rest of the run is accepted.

Quote:
Video/audio quality: Perfect
Cheats: No

I have to reject this run, because of these issues:

1)
Quote:
- To trigger the final checkpoint a bit faster,I quit to the main menu,so that's why the run is in 2 segments.

This is not true. He needs 0.6 second from triggering the checkpoint to hit esc and quit the game, then it takes exactly 1 second from loading the game to trigger the exit. I made a small video that shows it takes exactly 1 second from triggering the checkpoint to trigger the exit in just one segment. Here. I don't know if SDA would count that 0.6 second, but even if it doesn't, I don't see a reason for having this run in 2 segments when you can achieve the very same time in just 1.

2) 0:27 - He jumps to the left book, then to the right, but I think it's obviously faster to switch them.

This is a very short run, so no mistakes should be allowed.

Verdict: REJECT

Quote:
The run's fine. There's nothing fishy in the video. I reckon anyone unfamiliar with the PC version will look at the time and go 'WTF?!' >__>

Decision: Reject

Reason: The run can be done single-segment, and it's so short it should be flawless (or near it).

The run is available upon request until September 3rd. PM me if you want the run.
Thread title:  
fucking .gif....
I was wondering if that would have been a problem because he segmented, but really, I thought it was just to get the fastest time possible and I assumed it was discussed that it was ok to do so.

also he does need to get the pistols otherwise you wouldn't be able to go into the aiming animations (i.e. side rolling, back flipping)

oh well Sad
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Well it turns out you don't need to segment, and you don't really get the fastest time from segmenting so I don't see the point in segmenting this run.