List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/TombRaider3.html

Shaun 'MMAN' Friend's glitchless run

Verifier Responses:

Quote:
Video quality: Perfect apart from color lines at the top in 2 or 3 segments.
Audio quality: Excellent

Part1: Just perfect.

Part2: Well, everything is pretty much written in runner's comments and he's right.

Part3: There's a possible small shortcut at 0:40 that would avoid climbing up, but it was found just recently.

Part4: Runner's comments are perfect here.

Part5: There is another recently small shortcut found at the beginning, but it wouldn't save much time. I never understood why he pulled out a flare at 5:20, he has 20 seconds before he even use it.

Part6: I don't know what he means by this: "...but I guess it might have allowed for a final time of 2:03..." 2:03 ? There is also some color line at the top of second segment, I don't know what that is. Other than that a very good run.

Part7: Nothing much to say about this one.

Part8: Perfect

Part9: I don't like repeating myself, but again the comments are perfect.

Part10: There's that color line on top again. Anyway, this level can be done under 10 minutes if he would use 2 segments instead of 3, but I admit that long ladder he's talking about can be really frustrating.

Part11: Just recently a new way of turning on the electricity was found, allowing you to complete this level in 45 seconds or so, but the shortcut was found after this run was already done.

Part12: Entire sequence starting with 1:30 up to 1:50 can be done in a different and slightly faster way, but again that was found just recently.

Part13: 2 segments were used correctly since you really need to be lucky in some places.

Part14: I really like how he does this level the other way around than you're supposed to. There is nothing to complain about.

Part15: OK

Part16: Some people call the boat trick a glitch, but I don't think it is. What happens is that you slide down the slope and get so close to the boat's hitbox that you can actually enter it. This causes the sudden change of camera, there is no warping or glitching. It's just a minor level design flaw.

Part17: You can notice that he left crowbar lying in previous level, but took it in this level. That's because for some reason the crowbar won't carry over.

Part18: Taking the clips or whatever that is around 2:50 took over 12 seconds and wasn't probably worth the effort, but other than that this run is awesome.

Part19: OK

There's really not much to talk about, because the runner's comments explains most of the mistakes and possible improvements except for few that were found just after he sent this run to SDA. Over 20 minutes of improvement is one of the main reasons to put this run up along with almost perfect runs with just a couple tiny mistakes. The only problem is that nowadays this run can be done about 1-2 minutes faster if you use the shortcuts found just a couple weeks after this run was finished and you don't take so many ammo clips that ended up being useless.

Verdict: Accept

Quote:
video is fine, sound is fine, no cheating.

segments sync.

Jungle: overall good, fastest I've seen Jungle done glitchless

Temple Ruins: there is a sound glitch or something after he killed the 2nd statue to grab their swords.  sounds like crawling.

River Ganges: pretty much perfect besides the jump into the cave from the ramp near the beginning after he parks his quad (0:38).  it saves time, but is super hard.  I also love how the music kicks in so loud, but that's standard.

Caves of Kaliya: perfect fight at the end and first time I've see someone catch fire and still completes it before dying.

Nevada Desert: still great.  don't know if I want to hold it against the runner for having to line up the jump at the end.  I've seen people just go for it without pausing.  It's a difficult jump none the less, but this is segmented...

High Security Compound: no problems here

Area 51: again, no problems

Thame's Wharf: big shortcut, cuts the entire level.  you usually go that way for the 1st secret, but it's close to the cathedral which is at the end of the level.

Aldwych: long level is long.  this guy really loves to be near death most of the time.  good run.

Lud's Gate: also good

City: there is a faster method to this, but it was found recently.  this run was already sent by then.

Coastal Village: good

Crash Site: good luck with the dinos.  noticed the sprint bar was flickering on his way to the plane near the end.  again, probably his game more than the video.

Madubu Gorge: holy shit.  I could have sworn I saw this on youtube while he was doing this run.  getting out of the kayak way earlier than expected, skipped a bunch of climbing and crap, dove into the waters (which are all running fast, but the areas he went in are safe to get in, doesn't make them any less dangerous), then those tricky jumps after lifting the giant plug.  that was great.

Temple of Puna: ok first, random rumbling before the blade room, blades aren't making any noise, then the super high music after the stage ends.  good run, but wtf is with the sound?

Antarctica: I've been told before that the early boat without releasing it isn't a glitch....don't know how the other verifiers think about that one.  good run though.

RX-Tech Mines: boring level.  still, awesome dive through the drills.  good speed control on the carts.

Lost City of Tinnos: one of my favs.  nice bridge jump.  excellent jumps in the switch room.  all of that health comes to use in the water puzzle.  nice skip in the earth puzzle.  flies through the fire puzzle.  damn.

Meteorite Cavern: really good here and great finish.

besides some of the sound issues from the game, this was a good watch.  I still prefer glitchless :(.

------
ACCEPT (an iffy one)
------

on grounds that I assume the boat "non-glitch" was discussed somewhat and agreed it wasn't a glitch.

thing is though, I checked his totals and there seems to be 3 kills missing when I added them up myself.

Quote:
- No cheats.
- Audio/video quality is fine.
- Seems there's no differences between segments.

The run is much better than the old one.Good shortcuts,nice tricks,impressive!Accepted.

Decision: Accept

Reason: This is a big improvement over the old run.
Thread title:  
Quote from Verifier:
Part18: Taking the clips or whatever that is around 2:50 took over 12 seconds and wasn't probably worth the effort, but other than that this run is awesome.

I should note that was a key needed to progress, not a clip (is the video that dark? :P).

Quote from Other Verifier:
thing is though, I checked his totals and there seems to be 3 kills missing when I added them up myself.

Were they added using the stat screens or actually counting them as the video played (and using the final stats)? If the latter then certain types of kills don't count in the stats, such as running things over with the quadbike. If the former I'll have to give it a look myself...
Quote from MMAN:
Quote from Verifier:

I should note that was a key needed to progress, not a clip (is the video that dark? :P).

OK, I should play this level a bit more Smiley
fucking .gif....
I used the stats when I added them up.  I didn't know vehicular kills didn't count.
Some people think they can outsmart me.
The way I see it, there are two possibilies.

1. MMAN was a Core developer.
2. MMAN is a bot.

Shape-shifting Master of Darkness
tycho102, if MMAN were a Core developer, he probably wouldn't be aware of several of the shortcuts & glitches.

Therefore, he's a bot.