List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SplinterCellChaosTheory.html

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (pc) (pc) [100 %] [Segmented] [Expert]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V Quality:
Looks good, no errors found (watched HQ).

Gameplay:
Overall very good planning and execution, nothing more to say about it.

No cheating

Verdict:
Accept

Quote:
I don’t recall any issues with the XQ. Seems fine for 1080p 30fps
It has been awhile since I played Chaos Theory, but I notice that this game is more lenient compared to Double Agent.

One thing I noticed immediately is that Double Agent uses the same Camera Siren from Chaos Theory. I heard it go off quite a bit of times in some levels. I don’t recall very well but I guess the runner was only partially spotted when this happens.
I don’t have an issue with it, but I can see why someone else would.

However, one thing I’m pretty sure a viewer would question is that during the Displace level, you can hear security say “I can see someone on the cameras”
I’m not questioning the legitimacy of this run. I think its fine. But I’m sure other people who are not familiar with the game would need an explanation. Especially with the Displace part

Anyways, the gameplay looks fine with notable tricks like the silent jumping in Cargo Ship and smoke grenades phasing through objects in Battery

Verifier 1 clarified about the alerts: There is a small time window starting after the security says they spotted you, but before you are actually spotted (and the alarm goes off), in which you can still escape detection.

Quote:
Verification-Report
Game: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Category: [100 %] [Segmented] [Expert]
Platform: PC

***Video & Audio Quality***

The video and audio seems fine. No problems.

***Comparison to other runs out there***

This is, to my knowledge, the best run out there, the run tops some of the 100% runs on
Youtube as well as has better execution and strategies as the current any% run on SDA

***About the Run***

The runner uses a lot of small tricks and optimizes execution to a ridiculous degree.
The lighthouse time is even faster than the any% time currently on the site.
There is not really much to complain about the run, the only possible improvement that comes to mind are the hacking parts in the bank, as theoretically one could use a better RNG to get the right numbers immediately.
It is good to know that the game only deducts ranking if the player actually gets spotted and not when the NPC's go crazy and start shouting.

I hope the runner submits the any% run as well as it is equally impressive Smiley

***Final Verdict***

Accept

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Michael 'CotySA'!
Thread title: