--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

The Very Organized Thief (pc) (flash) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Reject

Reason: Insufficiently optimized for a game this short.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/verificationfiles/1388/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

The Very Organized Thief (pc) (flash) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/tvot%20speedrun1%20minute.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by March 6, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
The run looks pretty good at first glance. There only seemed to be a bit of hesitation when opening a door and a drawer. Maybe one second lost from execution? However, after having googled around a bit for this game, I think the time can be pushed down lower. Basically, you start with a laundry list of things you need to steal in the house. The list is random, but the items are in the same place. The time will obviously depend on which items you get. This run ends with a time of 1:00 (=one minute).

finishes in 0:58 (with a completely different list of things). There are also some screenshots of people having achieved 0:53 and 0:56. I have a feeling that with a well thought out route, you can grind until you get a good list and be able to push the time lower than this submission. I haven't even played the game though, so if the runner (or someone else) shows up here explaining the amount of luck we're talking about, I'm all ears. Until then

weak reject (good run, but potential to go lower as evidenced by other runs)
D:
A/V:  This looks to have been cut from a compilation that the runner posted to his YouTube channel.  It has a few frames from other runs at the beginning and end.  It also has a custom overlay with the time and the runner's name while the game fades in.  This is probably fine, but it'd look a little odd next to the other videos on SDA.  Hopefully, if this were accepted, the runner would be able to send in the original source.

Aside from this, the A/V seems fine to me.

Cheating:  Didn't see any.

Gameplay:  I was thinking of trying the game myself before posting my thoughts, but I guess I can say what I think based on just watching the video.  I agree with ktwo's assessment.  There is some hesitation in the runner's movement, but it's not too bad.  However, based on the other times that have been posted, and the very short length of the game, it seems likely that a better time could be achieved by grinding a bit more, hopefully getting a run with both better luck and smoother execution in the process.

One thing that seemed weird to me, not having played the game, is that the runner collected several items from the kitchen at the beginning of the run, left the kitchen to get other stuff, and then went back for the microwave at the end.  While on the way back to the kitchen, the runner passed the front door of the house.  The first run in this compilation (which I believe was recorded by the runner, since the submitted run appears later in it) exited the house through that door, so it seems like the trip back to the kitchen was unnecessary.  It's possible I'm missing something about the game and there's a reason why the runner couldn't get the microwave earlier.  If not, this again seems like something that could be addressed by grinding for a list that's easier to route on the fly.

Verdict:  Weak reject.  Could revisit if more info is given on game mechanics.
Clear as a crisp spring morning!
Having played this game, I don't know why the runner doesn't escape via the front door. If the microwave was picked up earlier, it seems many many seconds could have been shaved off this run.

Reject.
Decision posted.