Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/LionKing.html

The Lion King (Any %) (Single Segment) (Easy)
The Lion King (Any %) (Single Segment) (Difficult)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Both videos have very good A/V quality and neither shows any sign of cheating.

The difficult version shows great play quality, new strats, and beats the run on-site by a mile (if the time shown on the stat-id is correct, which I didn't bother double-checking). It should definitely be accepted.

I'm not sure about the easy run. Seen by itself, it also displays great play quality. However, it follows exactly the same route as the difficult one. When viewed side by side, the only real differences are hyena fights, which are quicker on easy because of one vs. three hits. (Add and subtract minor inconsistencies because it's a human running, not a TAS-bot.) I feel that these differences are not substantial enough, and would therefore reject the creation of a new category. If, however, the admins decide that either a different category is fine, or that this run obsoletes the (slower) hard mode run, then I vote in favour of accepting this run, based on overall play quality.

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
A/V fine, except for a minor video blip in the Easy run, at about 6:20, near the end of Simba's Exile. The audio continues normally so it doesn't affect anything important.

Runs are both well executed, not perfect (the easy run has a couple of goofy jump snafus) but certainly good runs and the Difficult run is a significant improvement to the one on the site.

Accept both of them.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Piotr 'TheMexicanRunner' Delgado Kusielczuk!
Thread title: