List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaMajorasMask.html

Daniel 'Jiano' Hart's real-time SS run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Well, naturally, I had to watch this as soon as you sent it to me.  Simply incredible.  The fairy fountain warps, the GBT Boss key skip, all the Stone Tower stuff, and a perfect Goht fight pulled off in one run.  The Lullaby skip had a few hiccups, but considering how a single false move there can completely screw you over, that's perfectly understandable.  He misses a superslide or ISG here and there, and bottle duping could have gone better, but the first two don't cost all that much time, and the last has a very tight frame window.

All in all, it's a really great run and should definitely go on the site.  It's good to finally have the any% up to date.  Now we just need to find someone crazy enough to do the 100%.

By my reckoning, timing should start from when the opening cutscene ends (frame 4399) and end when the final hit on Majora's Wrath registers (frame 151934).  This makes for a total time of 147535 frames, or 2:03:04.

On an interesting yet inconsequential note, Jiano's run actually beats Mukki's TAS by about 3 minutes, if both use TAS timing.

Quote:
The run is very nice and entertaining. Audio and video are okay. Also how on Earth did anyone discover any of those glitches, especially the one's in the fairy fountains? Secret exits that lead to other areas, that's just amazing! I also loved how bosses were beaten out of order and everything seems random at the time. This must have taken so long to get the order of everything you need to do just right, good job!

Accept!

Quote:
Audio and video are fine.

Overall a really great run.  There are some really bad mistakes like screwing up bottle dupe twice and some ugly missed ISGs, but the majority of the run is very smooth and the dungeons are all pulled off great with only minor mistakes here and there.  The bosses were great too, especially the awesome twinmold fight.  This run beats the TAS, even when timing it by SDA's timing, and pyhs run needs to gtfo so there's absolutely no reason to not accept.

Quote:
Here are my comments on the run sir...

Video/Audio Quality: Approves

Gameplay: Great route, and great game play overall. Just wanted to point out a few mistakes (Some are obvious <_<) and comment on certain parts of the run.

-Messed up on Zora pots which cost him about 15-20 seconds

-Messed up twice on bottle dupe which cost him about 50-60 seconds

-Excellent Pirate’s Fortress

-Nailed the Wrong Warp Lullaby Skip (hooray for pause buffering!)

-Missed the isg in Snowhead 3 times, which cost around 10-15 seconds but recovered with a sexy Goht battle.

-Lost around 15 seconds in the Updraft room in Inverted Stone Tower Temple but recovered with yet another sexy boss battle. He rips Twinmold a new one.

-Loved the Great Bay Temple run. Near flawless if you ask me. A pretty tough temple to run when you’re that deep into a single segment. The runner impresses me yet again.

-Majora’s Mask battle was well done along with all of his other boss fights.

An amazing speed run! I’m VERY impressed and a tad bit jealous of his skill, haha. Next time hopefully the runner will use the Woodfall and Stone Tower Temple boss key skips to cut this run down to sub 2 hours. (that would be god like…) I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, amazing run, kudos to the runner.

Verdict: Accept

Decision: Accept

Reason: A 4-year old, outdated run finally bites the dust. I'm probably inviting a headache asking this, but does this game have a separate "major skips" category?
Thread title:  
Everybody loves Hypnotoad!
No, it does not have a major skips category.  I don't think there's really any plans for one, either.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Does this run use Bombchu Hover? I'm asking because it was in the request thread, so if it does, I can remove that now.
i can't wait to watch this ... put it up NOW!!!
Quote from UCpro:
i can't wait to watch this ... put it up NOW!!!

THIS!~
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Does this run use Bombchu Hover? I'm asking because it was in the request thread, so if it does, I can remove that now.

Yes, and lots of it.

I'm suprised no verifier mentioned that he did a trick thought to be impossible on console just a month before (WW Lullaby + Goron Mask skip)
It's up on ZeldaSpeedruns.com -> Majora's Mask section.

Go watch it and be able to die peacefully from there on out.
(user is banned)
I'm surprised no one commented since it's out, because I watched it and was fully amazed.

When opening the video, the only thing I knew was that it was possible to float with the help of bombchus and bombs. Every single other thing blew my mind, which means it was for me a 2 hours of omg moments.

The most impressive thing was probably the Dungeon Skip you may want to call it like that, because jiano just completely owned the great bay temple.

Beside that, I was highly wondering how the hell would someone think of a so clever way to access the snow dungeon (forgot the real name) being young link... it looked like the pain in the ass of the runner to achieve this part, but hell it was amazing.
TASer
Yeah, this is a good run. Congratulations! I love single-segmented runs of long, great nintendo games like these. Tongue

The route this run takes looks very similar to the one of the upcoming TAS by Mrgrunz. It's cool to see this being accomplished... I mean, you do bomb hovers, item glitching, lullaby and goron mask skip, all on the console. I haven't finished watching the whole thing though, but I'll get to it eventually Tongue
Again, nice run!
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
most people commented in MM's topic under older consoles. that topic is one of the big ones so it gets spotted easily.
Master-88
Quote from petrie911:
No, it does not have a major skips category.  I don't think there's really any plans for one, either.

Weird. IMO some fairy fountain secret worlds and "Gyorg" dungeon boss key skip seems huge warp IMO.

BTW run was very nice. Even i not are played that game. This game like lot Ocarina of time and it was easy watch and see your awesome tricks. Wink
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
Quote from MASTER-88:
Quote from petrie911:

Weird. IMO some fairy fountain secret worlds and "Gyorg" dungeon boss key skip seems huge warp IMO.

BTW run was very nice. Even i not are played that game. This game like lot Ocarina of time and it was easy watch and see your awesome tricks. Wink

the "no major skip" rule is a bad name for the category. for OoT it should be "all medallions-stones-trials" since even within the game's dungeons there's massive sequence breaks. in this case, it could be labeled as "uses OoB glitches" to make a separate category like Metroid runs with SWs.

a real "no major skips" run would be closer to a natural route run than what is done in current speed runs. at the very least it would look like ancient 2004-era OoT runs before most major breaks were found
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Congrats on this run Jiano. Finally got around to watching it and was f*@%ing amazed repeatedly. Good luck with getting sub 2 hours, I am sure its just a matter of time.
Yes, a worthless avatar riding my posts.
Majora's Mask is probably the best speedrun I've seen all year, first 3D Zelda run I've ever seen too. I remember Quixim and I were cheering jiano on so hard when he was trying to roll into Snowhead!

I'm looking forward to sub 2 hours, segmented or not, I'm confident it will happen before next summer.
Holy ****! This is quite possibly my favorite run on the entire site. The skips used were epic. I am constantly astonished as to how on earth anyone has the time to find all these glitches, haha. Bravo to the runner, what a treat to watch. If SDA had awards for run of the year, this one would be the winner IMO.
That video is mental. How on earth did anyone work out that fairy's fountain glitch?