Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-05-16 11:56:51 am
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaMajorasMask.html

Steven 'ingx24' Brown's single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
A/V quality is fine, though one commentator seemed especially hard to hear at some times.  I'm usually not a huge fan of runner commentary playing over game sounds, but this commentary was entertaining during cutscenes that would have otherwise made me not want to watch the whole run, and also very helpful during tricky glitches to help viewers understand exactly what was going on.  I learned a lot! (i.e. the bossa nova cutscene skips, great timesavers)

One part that caught my eye was the HESS from the potion shop area, through the swamp, and (ideally) to the big octo.  It's a shame that didn't work out, but I was impressed with how he made up for it with another time-saver to swim through the shallow water.  Well done!

The boss key skips were very impressive and all but eliminated the need for entering dungeons.  Stone Tower's boss key skip was, as the runner stated, a little sloppy, but completing the last jump with his last bomb actually made it all the more exciting!  Twinmold's fight may come across as a bit of a blunder, but I've attempted that arrow method and failed with 50 arrows, so taking him out at all in 30 shots alone deserves commendation.  Also, the battle against Majora's Incarnation made me cringe a bit, but with a run that good, I'd hate to think of restarting the run because of some bad luck on the final battle.

Overall, the variety and skillful execution of these tricks ensure that this run will be entertaining for fans Majora and especially a must-see for anyone who's ever tried to speed run it. Accept!

Quote:
Hi there, majora's time

the first 20 minutes are still sooooo horribly boring. Please, never ever make such a long intro to such an awesome game. That is the reason why speedrunning theese games is so boring...

I'll make it short as there is both writen and audio commentaries.
There is some sloppy times (the owl at 1:08 makes me laugh a lot, even if it was nearly a run breaker)but nothing too worrisome. I can't criticize it in a SS run as you have to ensure the hardest tricks. Most of the bomb tricks are perfectly done whatever is the difficulty. There is something like 2 non-perfect HESS. Every setups are done fast. I'm pretty impressed by the wrong warp glitches.
I didn't even know about time stop glitch, so i'm happy to see it there.

It's clearly an improvement of the current run, and without any video/audio/consistency problem, so I would accept it

Quote:
There are some bumps along the road, but this is definitely a worthy addition to the MM speed running page.

The runner went over basically all the bad points worth mentioning, so I don't have too much to add.

One thing that did stick out at me was during the Twinmold fight, the first worm dies really fast without any missed hits, but then the runner has so much trouble with the second one. I'm not entirely sure what to think of this, but I feel like with more practice, the arrow method can go much smoother.

Regardless, accept.. but I really do hope to see a near perfect run in the future!

Quote:
sorry it took me so long to watch it. quality is good, the audio commentary is more of what was in the last run, but its good too. and the run itself was pretty flawless, having a lot of improvement from jiano's run. and ing has defiantly earned it, as he has worked on this very hard for months. the twinmold fight could have gone better but when has twinmold ever behaved in a zelda game?

accept, and i hope this stays for longer than a couple months before getting obseleted.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's an improvement over the current run on a slower version...

...that and I think I've made ing squirm from waiting long enough. Tongue
Thread title:  
umad
Heh, I looked at the verification board and saw that the latest post was on pokey's DK run, and I was thinking "I'm gonna be SO FUCKING PISSED if my thread isn't there yet..."

Yeah twinmold was one of the really annoying parts of this run. The problem with him is that the hit detection on his tail is AWFUL. The hitbox is way smaller than the tail, so a lot of the time your arrows will just pass right through the tail without hitting it. If I ever do another run I'll work on making twinmold go smoother since I probably lost at least 20-30 seconds on him alone.
I can't remember off the top of my head what a HESS is.
DS Dictator
Hyper Extended Super Slide
umad
Quote from grndino:
I can't remember off the top of my head what a HESS is.

The best trick in all of zelda. 8)
awesome run.  this is one of my favorite games to watch speedruns of.
gratz Steven!
Is this your first WR to get verified here?
umad
yeah, this is my first.
Quote from ING-X:
yeah, this is my first.

Very cool!
You should try and beat the StarFox Speedrun too
Quote from TwIsTeD_EnEmY:
Quote from ING-X:
yeah, this is my first.

Very cool!
You should try and beat the StarFox Speedrun too

I second this, so hard.
Also grats on getting accepted, I know I probably should have said that over a month ago :v
Edit history:
ING-X: 2011-06-09 01:01:28 pm
umad
You mean Star Fox 64 speedrun? I don't really have much interest in speed running SF64 (I played it to death for high scores for like 2 years, and speed running it is pretty boring in comparison anyway), but I may end up doing another run of MM is more improvements are found in the near future.
Quote from ING-X:
You mean Star Fox 64 speedrun? I don't really have much interest in speed running SF64 (I played it to death for high scores for like 2 years, and speed running it is pretty boring in comparison anyway), but I may end up doing another run of MM is more improvements are found in the near future.

Improve on the 100% SS, that's kinda pseudo-high score run. You could probably wreck that shit's shit
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Great run! It seems like there were tons of hard tricks in it and most of them went smoothly. Now you can work on DK64 NMS. Tongue
We all scream for Eyes Cream
During the discussion of HESS and the gas station, I had an urge to sing "The Hess truck's back and it's better than ever for Christmas THIS YEAR!!! THE HESS TRUCK'S HERE!!!"