List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaLinksAwakening.html

Michael 'Tigger77' Welle's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: i mean, he does basically every non-OoB/warp trick you could hope for in a LADX run except for some quick kills and stuff that tompa discovered since the run, so it would be cool if he redoes those but it'd be stupid not to accept the run to the site as is
Verifier: i basically said that in about 150x the words in the notes i was writing up per segment
Verifier: also i tended to jizz over said tricks
Verifier: btw tigger DO THE POTHOLE MAZE QUICK EXIT YOU DORK DO IT NOW OR I WILL KILL YOU I SWEAR
Verifier: that'll conclude my verification

Quote:
Verifier: LA is an obvious accept
Verifier: the biggest mistake in the run is using the hookshot once by accident after getting the eagle key, after a couple frame-precise tricks
Verifier: everything is done exceptionally well, and it uses every trick in the book, such as damage boosts across pits
Verifier: the spots where he savewarps are also well optimized
Verifier: a/v quality is fine, the framerate may look like it screwed up the credits and a couple other things but the gbp is dumb and doesn't render flicker effects properly sometimes, this is also visible in the credits for my run
Verifier: so i think it was... decimated? correctly, f3 instead of 2, it looks pretty weird but at least you can see the other half of the letters
Verifier: so yeah, accept

Quote:
Video: Good, except it doesn't appear to have been trimmed properly (you can still see some of the GBP border on 3 of 4 sides)
Audio: Good.

Overall, the run is very solid.  The only concern I have is in regards to Level 4.  The runner aborts the area after getting the Flippers, then leaves to finish 5-8, then comes back.  I don't in particular agree that this choice is faster.

Unless there was a count on arrows or bombs less then what I saw (I saw 2 bombs at one point), I think it would be quicker to kill the boss in Level 4, then continue on with getting the Mambo's Song (which is Segment 22 in this run).  After clearing Level 7, then use Mambo's Song to warp out and go to the Wind Fish from there, which will avoid all the swimming from Levels 7 to 4, which is somewhat time consuming.  Outside of potential bomb/arrow counts, there's no items from later levels that are needed or were even used going for the Level 4 boss.

The time lost by this isn't large enough though for me to reject it, but it's something that should be remembered for the future.

(If the runner can point me to a point where they had 0 or 1 bombs from Segment 22 on, I'd be happy to change my opinion, or point them to a quick refill that they missed.)

I explain that the level 4 ghost prevents you from entering another dungeon, which is why the runner saves level 4 for last. Here is what the verifier said in response:

Quote:
Ah.  I remembered there being one, but I had forgotten the exact trigger of when and where he appeared.

Yeah, that was my only concern.  Since that's been answered, I have no problems with the run.

Quote:
Zelda: Link's Awakening

A/V - good

Start through first dungeon was good.

Through second dungeon was good, I spotted 2 very small errors. And I always made fun of being able to hump things too.

Through third dungeon went very well also. 1 slow menu screen.

Through fou... err fifth dungeon went nicely. Nice movements through the larger segments and I am impressed.

Through sixth dungeon has some more slick movements. All good here.

Through sev... OMG GO IN ORDER DAMN IT!!! Through eighth dungeon was super sweet. Again, some very nice/innovative movements.

... Ill just wait to see where he goes then comment... O.K. Seventh dungeon. Only thing that comes to mind is "rape"...

Now back to the fourth dungeon... crap... that was painful...

Last segment... I have not watched it just yet, but I will say this for EVERY ONE, WATCH THIS. DROP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING AND WATCH THIS RUN WHEN IT COMES OUT!!!!

Now that I got that out of me, Ill watch the last segment.

I refuse to say a word about this last segment.

This run has MANY nice and creative movements. I really like it. I noticed a few mistakes but not one of them were hurtful for more than a fraction of a second. I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really hope to see a SS out of this runner.

ACCEPT OMFG ACCEPT

Quote:
Standard boiler plate.  No cheating, good video quality, blah blah blah....

Anyways, the run was awesome stuff.  A tight run of one of my favorite games.  A lot of the skips were quite impressive, and I have to admit, that Turtle Rock fight skip is hilarious.  Obvious accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: I don't think Tigger77 lost too many frames in this run. Wink
Highly Evolved
Why does verifier 1 REALLY appear to be romscout to me?
Legendary Dragoon
Quote from Darkwing Duck:
Why does verifier 1 REALLY appear to be romscout to me?

You know, now that I reread it, not too many people use the word "dork"...  I think you may be on to something DW.
Mike: Actually, he miss out a few tricks that would have saved him a lot of seconds :P.
But I've heard that the run is awesome anyway! Congrats.
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
Thanx for verification guys the SS is in work (Stupid PoP)

and yeah the SS will contain the early bomber kill the early exit and the early key for D 4 (I didn't know about those tricks until a few weeks ago  :-[ )

btw: I will only redo this when ...

dam I don't even find a reason to do this again  Undecided