Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaOcarinaOfTime.html

Joseph 'Pokey' Looney's run with major skips

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Okay, starting up these comments. YAY! I hope I'm doing this right. :\

The audio quality is soo good!

The video quality looks great. I found 0% cheating in this run. Unless god-like playing is cheating.. In that case I found 100% cheating! But really though there is no cheating in this run.

Okay time for the actual run to start. Jaws will drop!

Kokiri forest: The runner gets all those little rupees, 40 to be exact and a sword. Too bad he didn't get that many rupees from the grass. If he'd gotten enough he could have saved a few seconds.  He then buys a shield AND GOES RIGHT THROUGH A MAN. This allows him to skip the Deku Tree! Take that, science!

Mr fast runner man gets an ocarina and his sent on his way.

Hyrule field: The runner talks to an owl and then defies the laws of science by sliding at insane speeds to skip talking to the second owl. This is very important later in the run. I'll get to that later though!

Kakariko village: This guy likes running backwards. That because it's faster. Mr runner man gets some little chickens into the pen, but one is used for GAMEBREAKING TRICKS. The cutscene of the mad chicken allows mr runner man to dive deep into the water to go into the well before you're supposed to.

Bottom of the Well: Mr. runner man beats the odds again by quickly traveling through the well. This place has always scared me. :s He collects a stick that just happens to be as strong as the Master Sword itself, and a key which is used for more GAMEBREAKING TRICKS. He performs these GAMEBREAKING TRICKS on his first try which is great! He completely unloads the water and jumps right through it.

[u]THIS DEAD HAND FIGHT WAS TERRIBLE. I've got to say it's one of the worst I've ever seen! Oh well, it only loses about 11 seconds, and it's the low point in the run. So that means it's ALL UPHILL FROM HERE! Oh by the way the runner gets 99 rupees from an invisible chest that's conveniently placed in that room.

He stuffs up on the vine clip once but we'll let that slide. Mr runner man gets his bombchus and proceeds to leave the well. Good riddance.

Kakariko 2: Mr runner man finishes what he started and gets all the rest of the missing chickens! He is rewarded with a bottle! AIN'T THAT GRAND. Off to the graveyard!

Graveyard: Mr runner man says I DON'T NEED A SONG I'LL JUST TELEPORT TO THE OUTSIDE PERIMETER OF THE LEVEL AND WALK TO THE DAMN PLACE! And that's exactly what he does. Mr runner man is now in the Shadow Temple.

Shadow Temple: Mr runner man says NO WAY to that gap and does a super-long backflip over it. That'll show that gap who's boss! He enters the lair of an enemy who he recently defeated and the music becomes really quiet. Random audio glitches in games. Hate them! Mr runner man defeats the dead hand for a second time and gets the hover boots. He then kills himself?!?!?! And deathwarps to the front of the temple. Smiley

Graveyard: Runner dude traverses this cemetary like a pro. Way to go runner man!

Hyrule field: Mr. runner man gets to the bridge in the nick of time! So intense!

Market: Runner man says NO WAY to closed shops so he just JUMPS OVER THE DOOR INTO THE SHOP!

Temple of Time: Mr runner man shows that door who's boss by going THROUGH THE WALL and ends up inside of the door. Mr runner man just skipped the ENTIRE child portion of this game.

**BORING CUTSCENE STUFF**

Temple of Time: Runner man does it again! It takes him a few tries but he manages to cross an endless void with his newly obtained hover boots! Runner man makes his way across zombies to Hyrule Field.

Kakariko Village: This man makes his way to Kakariko Village to obtain this woman's egg! ... ... ... Nothing more to say about that!

Lake Hylia: After a LONG session of running backwards forwards with a camera glitch, the runner man makes it to Lake Hylia! He rides the body of a poor little tektite, then proceeds to bomb hover into the fishing pond. The tektite was killed. Sad
The runner uses a glitch take the fishing rod away from that man who owns the fishing pond. This is the most important part of the run! PAY ATTENTION HERE.

Kakariko Village: The runner man does another LONG session of running backwards and makes it to Kakariko Village again! This time this woman's egg has hatched into a beautiful chicken! The runner uses a glitch to turn that fishing rod into a stick(?) and then the runner wakes up a fat man and gets a blue chicken! He then turns that stick into a bottle! Turn your attention to the B button, the runner fills his bottle with bugs. This gave him a quiver and a bomb bag!

Graveyard: After a failed attempt to get bombs at the bushes, mr runner man enters Dampe's grave because there is a pot in there that ALWAYS GIVES YOU BOMBS! These are super precious to the runner as they make him move very very fast. Mr runner man has another failed attempt to get bombs at the bushes and decides to get bombs from the pot one more time before heading off on his epic journey.

Hyrule field: I felt Mr runner man's pain when he missed his megaflip into the water AND his superslide. Luckily he gets it on his second try.

Lost Woods: Mr runner man damage boosts himself off of the bridge with super pro-like talent. He then shows some skinny man with pointy ears a blue chicken, who then gives the runner a mushroom. The runner is against the clock and has 3 minutes to get the mushroom to the old lady in the potion shop. Luckily the runner takes a shortcut through Goron City and then does a super awesome jump onto a house. He gets the mushroom to the lady with more than a minute and a half to spare!

Hyrule Field: Mr runner guy gets the megaflip this time! But it turns sour. It was so sad. Sad But he gets his superslide on his first try and boosts over that lost woods bridge again!

Lost Woods: Mr runner man trades in his potion for a saw! Great trade if you ask me. The runner takes another shortcut back through Goron City and climbs Death Mountain to get Magic! He even gets a superslide on the way. But not before missing a very hard jump twice. Sad
The runner dumps/refills his bottle with bugs, which gives him the song that lets him get magic! It also gives him some warping songs too, which always come in handy! Mr runner man warps back to the Temple of Time. And heads to Hyrule Field again!

Hyrule field: Mr runner man gets a quick superslide and slides ALL THE WAY to Gerudo Valley!

Gerudo Valley: Mr runner man misses a superslide but gets the next one. The superslide coupled with the hover boots allows him to travel ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE GAP. Mr runner man finally trades his saw for a broken sword and refills his bottle one last time. This gives him the Shadow and Spirit medallions which are all that are needed to complete the game! Mr runner man put his sword back on and teleports back to the Temple of Time where Zelda waits to give him.... THE LIGHT ARROWS!

**Boring Cutscene Stuff**

Temple of Time: Mr runner man leaves with his new light arrows and heads to Ganon's Castle! The Sages think he has all 6 medallions and build him a bridge. Aren't they nice?

Ganon's Castle: Mr runner man is faced with the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: GANON'S TRIALS. But he says NO THANK YOU and clips through the wall and bypasses the barrier! He then climbs millions of stairs and fights two lizards. One of the lizards gives him ARROWS! He can now shoot his new light arrows. Smiley Mr runner man the climbs more millions of stairs and kills some skeletons for.. THE BOSS KEY! More stairs were climbed and then some super armor knight dudes were destroyed terribly. The final flight of stairs is climbed and Mr runner man makes it to... [u]GANON THE ORGAN PLAYER!!!! TIME TO FIGHT!!!

Gannondorf Fight: Mr runner man uses the power of his MASTER SWORD to play tennis with [u]GANON THE ORGAN PLAYER. Eventually he hits him and with the power of the light arrows, Mr runner man stabs [u]GANON THE ORGAN PLAYER to death before he could even get up!

Ganon Fight: After running down the VERY LAGGY CASTLE and encountering a SUPER PRO NINJA BATTLE against some skeletons, mr runner man gets to the bottom. Game over right? WRONG. GANON THE ORGAN PLAYER rises from the dead to become GANON THE GIANT PIG. Mr runner man superslides into the cutscene so he can keep his MASTER SWORD to fight GANON THE GIANT PIG. Mr runner man almost DIES, but is kept alive by stupid INVINCIBILITY FRAMES on his roll! Ain't that lucky? Mr runner man fights GANON THE GIANT PIG some more and then administers the FINISHING BLOW with the help of his trusty sidekick, ZELDA!

AND THAT'S GAME!!! FINISHED IN LESS THAN AN HOUR AND A HALF!!

My decision:

ACCEPT! ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT! SUPER AMAZING RUN HERE GUYS.

Quote:
Great video and audio quality. The only problem that I noticed was an occasional (very occasional) 1 pixel bob every once in a while. It was barely noticeable and didn't disrupt viewing the run at all.

The timing I got was 1:16:59.065. Other people timing it have gotten 1:16:54, so I might be using the wrong frames.

The run starts off with the rupee route, which was exceptional up until the sword. It was basically flawless, and would've been acceptable for a segmented run. The runner does a great job setting up the angle for the backflips over the fences; he does it really fast. There is a risk of grabbing one of the bushes if you screw up the angle. Anyway, he does an excellent job making it to the sword. I noticed he equips the Kokiri Sword a bit early (I see most runners equip it while crawling back through the tunnel) so he could slash the bush near the blue rupee.

Unfortunately the runner gets unlucky here, and manipulates only the bare minimum number of rupees from the bushes. If he gets less than 2 from the bushes, the remaining rupees in the route will not be enough to cover buying the Deku Shield. This basically constitutes a reset, so this is the worst luck manipulation we could've seen in this run.

The runner attempts to get the rupees from the grass near Mido's house, but wastes a bit of time fumbling around for the second one. Not a big deal though, very nice backflip over the tree root, and he buys the Deku Shield with no problems. He doesn't roll to the rupee behind the booth because the shopkeeper's Speak trigger is too large.

After buying the shield comes the first glitch of the run, the crouch stab forest escape. He crouch stabs the wall and talks to the guard at the same time he clips through him, then rolls past him to get out of the forest. He clipped on the first stab, without having his sword out beforehand (which I find much harder then when you already have it out; some people may disagree here) and he set up the angle extremely quickly without using C-up. He rolls past him extremely fast too. This is difficult to do so quickly because there's a pretty precise spot you have to stand, and it's difficult to get into that spot without talking to the guard when you roll.

After escaping the forest comes one of the most frustrating parts of the run. With the new route created after the discovery of early Bottom of the Well Bombchus without Zelda's Lullaby, the runner has to go to Kakariko Village to obtain Hover Boots straight away, and then make it to the Market before night. What makes this difficult is the removal of Zelda's Lullaby as child, which sets the time to 12:00 when you get it and makes going to and from Kakariko easy. With the new route, it was quickly found that getting to the Market before night was only possible with owl skips. Although time stops during the owl text, time begins to pass again during the cutscene in which the owl flies away. Surprisingly, this is enough to make the difference between reaching the castle town and not reaching it.

The route passes the owl outside the entrance of Kokiri Forest once, and the owl outside of Kakariko twice (which is only there to point you to the castle to get Zelda's Lullaby). Two owls must be skipped in order to make it to the castle before night. Originally it was thought that buying a Deku Stick was now required, even though it wastes time due to having to collect 10 extra rupees and sit through the shop text. Additionally, the weapon-switching method of owl skip is extremely difficult and requires many button presses, each with near-frame-perfect timing. I didn't believe that it would ever happen in a single-segment. As it turns out, it didn't.

Fortunately, methods were discovered to skip the Kakariko owl without a stick - both ways. The runner does a water ESS to Kakariko by jumpslashing off the fence and into the river, which adds a nice touch to the run. It isn't as difficult as it looks, but it's still impressive because ESS is pretty easy to screw up under pressure (i.e. the pressure of having to throw away a good rupee route because failing it prevents you from getting to the castle before night). On the way back he sidehops into the reading zone of the sign, which overrides the talking zone of the owl. Not difficult, but still nicely done.

Cucco collecting. Those damn chickens can be uncooperative bastards sometimes. He backwalks to the first cucco and then halts for a moment before walking towards it and picking it up, which looks a little sloppy. He rounded up the next three cuccos with no trouble, although it almost looked like he wasn't going to make it when flying to the cucco beside the House of Skulltula. He runs around a little trying to set up the backwalk after going back for the cucco from the crate, but no big deal. The first four cuccos are thrown into the pen quickly, and the runner grabs the fifth one near the pen and carries it to the well. He sets up the cucco dive, getting ISG off the cucco itself, and quickly at that. ISG off the cucco is pretty tricky, since stabbing the cucco causes it to run away, and screwing it up too much triggers the mob cutscene prematurely, wasting a lot of time and forcing you to take refuge in another area. I usually balk at this and get ISG off the sign, then pick up the cucco, but he pulls it off nicely and gets to the Bottom of the Well.

Here's where the action really starts, IMO. Nice bypassing the Big Skulltula by hitting its face and dodging it when it does its pendulum thing. Well optimized movement to the key chest, and skips getting the Deku Nuts. The actor overwriting glitch with the crawlspace and the door is done first try, more epicness. Not a hard trick, but I'm really bad at it for some reason.

Here's where the run really starts to turn sour. The runner jumpslashes at a hand with a Deku Stick so that it fails to grab him while still getting him out of the ground, and to store the extra damage for power crouch stabs. He gets two stabs in, which causes Dead Hand to retreat. Then he tries to jumpslash Dead Hand with a Deku Stick to prevent it from going into the ground, but the hand sticking out of the ground takes the hit instead. It really gets me that he did that instead of using the Kokiri Sword, because then he could've saved the
Deku Stick for the Dead Hand in the Shadow Temple. Looks like he accidentally slashed his sword afterward, which ruins the Deku Stick power he stored. For the second cycle, he jumpslashes the hand to bring out Dead Hand and gets in one crouch stab, then goes and picks up the 200 rupees from the invisible chest. He slashes a sword a couple times for no reason, and accidentally runs into the hand without jumpslashing. This results in three crouch stabs with normal sword slash power during the third cycle, and the hand grabs him and prevents him from finishing off Dead Hand. For the fourth cycle, he jumpslashes the grabbing hand to escape it, and Dead Hand goes down in one crouch stab. I really have to say, this was probably the worst Dead Hand fight I've seen in a long time, and I really don't know why he didn't reset then and there.

After exiting the Dead Hand room comes the really hard part. The runner didn't get Deku Nuts, so he has to stun the Big Skulltula with the sword for the vine clip. He doesn't even buffer the vine clip. This method of the trick is so difficult; I'm amazed he got it on the second try. The skulltula dies in two hits, so screwing it up means that he has to exit and reenter the room, which wastes a little bit of time. No problems with swimming to the Bombchu chest; he even backwalks to the OoB water near the B3 acid, even though this area is pretty disorientating unloaded. Well optimized movement on the way back to the Big Skulltula near the entrance. It got in the way and lagged the game up a bunch when he killed it, but there wasn't really anything that could be done about that. About a second wasted fumbling around trying to climb the ladder.

The runner exits the well and uses the Cucco by the pen to get to the area by the Potion Shop. He managed to grab the fence itself, which is pretty tricky. Some embarrassing diagonal walking trying to get into the hole, and then up the stairs, but nothing major. Walking along the fence and jumping onto the rungs of the ladder is kinda tricky, but he gets the rest of the cuccos with no problems, even slashing one of the Cuccos to entice it towards the pen. The Cucco collecting route was really well planned.

Now onto the Graveyard. He equips the Bombchus extremely quickly and gets ISG off of the sign and destroys very specific bushes to set up for the chuslide teleport. He seemed to waste a bunch of time setting it up though, I felt it could've been done faster. He gets it first try, though, which is good, because it costs him a Bombchu. Pretty understandable that he pause buffers this trick. From there he backflips onto the seam and seamwalks to the Shadow Temple. I have to say, this seamwalk is really annoying as a child. I'm impressed that he did it so quickly.

In the Shadow Temple, he chu megaflips past the gap. Most people buffer this because there are two frames that you have to hit perfectly. Good movement through the temple up to Dead Hand. This Dead Hand fight goes pretty well; he jumpslashes into a grab hand so fast that it cancels the music. Then he uses Dead Hand to damage himself so that he can deathwarp out. The first cycle goes according to plan: two crouch stabs to Dead Hand's face. The runner doesn't attempt to jumpslash him as he's going into the ground, even though he has half a heart and the mud only does a quarter heart of damage. He could've killed it in a single cycle. Doesn't matter too much, though. The second cycle goes extremely well. One crouch stab to the face, and a jumpslash to prevent him from retreating, which causes him to turn around and die to a crouch stab in the face. The runner tries to get close to the Hover Boots chest before it appears, accidentally ending up on top of it. Not the fastest, but looks pretty funny. He grabs the Hover Boots and uses a Bombchu to deathwarp out.

Goes through Graveyard and Kakariko Village, yadda yadda yadda. Aforementioned owl skip using the sign. Now here is one of the most amazing parts of the run IMO. The runner just barely makes it to the Market. He jumps on the drawbridge as it is rising. I assume the random slash afterwards was an attempted jumpslash, in case the jump didn't make it onto the bridge. From here he does an easy but still awesome jumpslash off the box to slip over the Bazaar door, allowing him to enter at night and buy the Hylian Shield (faster than getting it from the Graveyard, and he needs it for hovering as an adult, not to mention crouch stab recoil for reverse DoT skip). I actually didn't know about this until I saw this run; it really surprised me.

From there he's off to the Temple of Time, and he does some crazy sidehops in the screen leading up to it. Pretty fancy. He does some extra backflips setting up for the DoT skip that send him in the wrong direction, wasting a bit of time. Takes a couple extra seconds to set up the angle, not bad. Accidentally siderolls to the right, but quickly recovers. Clips through the door, but messes up the timing for the jumpslash and ends up on the wrong side. He tries again and messes it up again, just barely making it to the other side and almost getting crushed by the door. After that, long ass cutscene, blah blah blah.

Three tries for the acute angle jumpslash into the pillar. Also takes three tries to get crouch stab recoil for reverse DoT skip. He seems to waste a lot of time here. Equips items on the same pause as the Hover Boots, though, so good planning there. He has some pretty crazy luck in Kakariko, getting a rupee from the rock he gets a Bug from, which is the last rupee he needs to pay for fishing later (it's exactly 20 Rupees). The runner stalls for a second before talking to the Cucco lady for the Pocket Egg, but not very much time wasted.

Nice inverted camera backwalk to Lake Hylia, which allows him to see the fences so he can backflip over them faster, and also to sidehop to compensate for any errors in his angle. Misses an ISG off the Blue Tektite, but doesn't waste any more than a second. Then he does two really difficult hovers off the Tektite, using inverted camera to make it easier. It's really hard to do this without killing the Tektite, and if he does he's pretty much screwed because leaving the screen and coming back takes a while from there. Anyway, he does the rest of the hovering to the pond using chus and Hover Boots. He wastes one at the end, but it's better to play it safe. Really quick rod steal due to playing on v1.0. He doesn't do inverted camera on the backwalk back to Kakariko, though, which causes him to stall at a couple fences.

In Kakariko, he pauses twice - once to get Deku Stick on B and once to equip the Pocket Cucco to wake up Talon. He really should have combined them, but it was just a memory lapse that didnt waste very much time at all. He trades the Pocket Cucco for Cojiro, and RBA's Bomb slot, Bomb Bag and Quiver. He stands around waiting a few seconds between bugs, but that's because any bugs on the ground all burrow at the same time, and if he dropped the second set too soon they would've burrowed without him being able to catch them. After this RBA he goes back to the Graveyard.

Some bad luck right off the bat here. The runner blows up the bushes with his last chu in hopes for some Bomb drops but doesn't get any. Then he farms 15 from Dampé's grave, getting stuck and generally failing at getting into the grave because the square hole behaves like normal ledges on v1.0 - you can jump off them and grab them. Then - and I really don't think he should've gone for this - he goes all the way to the bushes near the Graveyard entrance and bombs them in hopes for one last bomb drop. He doesn't get it and has to go back into the grave for the last one, wasting about 20 seconds.

Out in Hyrule Field, the runner attempts a megaflip to get an ESS to Kokiri Forest. He fails the megaflip and falls in the river, which looks bad, but it's a pretty hard trick, so whatever. Then he attempts a regular superslide and takes two tries to get it, which looks really bad right after the failed megaflip. He ESSes out of the superslide but almost immediately cancels it, which causes him to stall. Then he takes two tries for the pressure jump, but it's pretty tricky, so it's all good. Trades Cojiro for the Odd Mushroom, and the race against the clock...um...well, continues. It is a speedrun, after all.

Good movement into Goron City. Since the runner no longer has a chu (wasted it by the Fishing Pond) he has to waste time waiting for a Bomb to explode so he can get into Goron City with the Lost Woods warp. The runner couldn't take the fast way up with the beams and fences because his route skips Hookshot. After exiting Goron City, he jumps down Death Mountain Trail and in Kakariko does the angled jump to the top of the regular Potion Shop's roof. He wastes about a second rolling into the stairs after jumping off the roof, then enters the more exotic Potion Shop.

Here he pulls out the Odd Mushroom immediately upon entering, which I don't think he should've done. It's not really a mistake, seeing as how for some reason the game doesn't register that the hag is there the first time you pull it out, but I would've pulled it out twice at the counter instead. He stalled for about half a second after first whipping out the mush before running towards the hag. He also stalls for about half a second during the text. Gets the Odd Potion and leaves, heading for the Kokiri Forest yet again. This time he gets the megaflip, but his ESS sends him into the water. He gets the normal superslide the first try this time, accidentally canceling the following ESS again. Pressure jump first try as well, and he hands the potion to that creepy Kokiri girl to get the Poacher's Saw. He backwalks through a tunnel at an odd angle, necessitating a few sidehops to compensate. The runner goes through Goron City again. I felt like he rolled too much getting through Goron City, and should've backwalked more like he did on the last trip through. When getting out, he wastes a bit of time climbing onto the square to get hearts from the rock, and also messes up the sidehop to get onto the ramp up Death Mountain, which wastes like 5 seconds or so. I'm not really sure why he got those hearts, since he was headed to the Great Fairy anyway.

Ascending Death Mountain, he bombs the first rock, but screws up skipping the second rock a few times. It's not his fault here; that ledge is cursed and sometimes Link fails to jump off it for no reason. Nice superslide past the volcanic eruptions, but when nearly up to the first ledge he carelessly gets hit by the Skullwalltula. He gets hit a second time by the same Skullwalltula, but this time gets damage boosted onto the first ledge. Climbs up and wastes a few frames trying to move sideways onto the third ledge when he's too low. After scaling the wall, he bombs open the Great Fairy Fountain to get magic. In the fountain, he RBA's the saw to get Prelude of Light and Zelda's Lullaby, and plays the latter to get magic. Fails the magic quicktext, wasting about 12 seconds, then plays the Prelude to go back to the Temple of Time. He seemed to be navigating through menus pretty slowly around here, but there is the risking of equipping over the Bombs, which you can't get back if you just got them through RBA.

Some crazy sidehops on the way out of ToT and a superslide into an ESS all the way to Gerudo Valley (the pause is to change the clockwise/anticlockwise direction of the ESS). Messes up a hoverslide across the bridge, but begins to buffer it anyway - it's a bit difficult to tell whether you got or missed the superslide in those frames. Gets the hoverslide second try though. I think he should've done a crouch stab recoil over the bridge, which wouldn't have wasted so much time if he failed it, but whatever. Across the bridge, he gets the Broken Goron's Sword and RBA's the medallions. Text looks sloppy here, but I've heard that apparently mashing here can freeze the game. I don't have any proof of this though.

Runner accidentally switches to the Quest Status screen before equipping Master Sword and Kokiri Boots. With medallions in hand, he plays the Prelude to get warped into the Light Arrow cutscene. Now THIS is a long ass cutscene. After the cutscene, he equips bugs and drops them, then does an extra pause for no reason before duping over Light Arrows, which gives him the Fairy Bow slot, allowing for arrow drops. I think this was kinda risky to do in a single segment, but I guess if all else fails he can get arrow drops from the plethora of pots in the room below Ganondorf. He moves the cursor before reequipping the Light Arrows, even though the cursor was already on them. No big deal though. More fancy movement on the way out of the ToT, and it's off to Ganon's Castle. Inside, he does the trials skip using the Armos in the Spirit Trial instead of the staircase method, since he only has four bombs and it's fairly difficult. He needs to get that superslide to Ganon at the end or else he's screwed.

In the tower, he does charged spin attacks against the Dinolfos because quickspins are hard on an N64 controller. He gets roughed up a bit but gets his much needed arrow drop. He then takes care of the Stalfos extremely quickly with power crouch stabs but stalls a bit trying to open the Boss Key chest. The Iron Knuckles were well done. The runner fought them one at a time, which is fine for a single segment any% run because fighting two at once with only three hearts is extremely risky. He uses pro strats by crouch stabbing them in the back, so they each only get one attack in (upon being woken up).

Nice lag-reducing strats during the Ganondorf battle by putting his face against the wall instead of looking at the laggy effects of the earthquake punch. Tennis with the boss takes a really long time, but that's just bad luck - there's really nothing that can be done about that. You can jump at him and jumpslash the energy ball, but that's risky because you will probably die getting hit (which wastes a ton of time) or jumpslash too early and fall down the tower (which still wastes a significant amount of time, although nowhere close to the time that dying wastes). Ganondorf is then single-cycled with Master Sword jumpslash power crouch stabs, which is extremely difficult because you have to stab him ten times with really good timing to keep him down. Mashing doesn't work very well here.

Pretty solid escape with more lag reduction; the only problem was the Stalfos fight. They were being bitches and kept blocking the runner's crouch stabs. Sidehops used to avoid being paralyzed by the ReDead on the bridge. Wastes a couple seconds rolling around, then superslide to Ganon first try, keeping the Master Sword for the first phase. Having the Master Sword makes short work of Ganon's first phase, even though he didn't use a jumpslash for the first attack. Really really close call getting hit by Ganon, which would've killed him were it not for the roll invincibility, but he finishes the first phase and has to grab the Master Sword even though he already has it. One failure at rolling under Ganon's legs, which prompted the runner to fire a Light Arrow. Classy.

Although there seemed to be sloppy one second mistakes nearly everywhere in the run, and a few mistakes that cost up to 20 seconds, still an amazing run because of all the difficult tricks that need to be pulled off. This run definitely meets the site's quality standards, and although I can see 1:15:XX happening with this route, for now this run deserves a spot on SDA (especially with the current run being...well...not so current). Accept.

Quote:
I watched this run the moment SSL uploaded it (and even before that on stream); it is a culmination of all the work the dozens of OOT glitchrunners have done, including the discovery of some insane triggerpoints and loading points leading to the complete skip of EVERY temple except the mandatory Hover Boots Temple (which I believe is its official name).

The rupee run was unusually sloppy, starting at 4:01 and ending at 5:51, taking a whole 100 seconds, falling a second short from 99. Link makes up for this loss with a manly one-shot forest escape.

Kaepora can't help but annoy us, consuming precious time we need to get both to Kakariko Village before nightfall and Hyrule castle thereafter. Luckily, the game timer freezes time in conversation, so he is just merely annoying (but an old sage, mind you, so you have to give him credit for being able to maintain this agitating behavior for two whole lifespans).

In Kakariko, link continues with his unwavering display of manliness by casting upon himself the wrath of the cuccos. Or so it would appear, because in less than 69/100th of a second, he cowers away faster than a leever who tries to hit a target not running in a monotonous straight line.

A wild skulltulla appeared! Link used Slash! Links evasion sharply rose! ogm he walked through a wall! This, ironically, is one of the few non-glitches in this run, but would have been suitable as such. The opening of door, combined with it opening before the room loaded and walking back while loading the room afterwards, tells the game he isn't actively in the main hall anymore, even when he returns (or so I assume). This causes the water to stop behaving like water and only the flat linings (floor, walls) of the room to register. This allows for an early access of the Dead Hand room without the need for Zelda's Lullaby (or any other mentionable item, for that matter).

The dead hand is then defeated, only to be able to properly load the previous room and have a skulltulla there to leech OOB off. (Total rip-off from the Deku Tree IMO.) He gets his chu-bombs, skipping the the spirit temple bombs. This is unfortunate, seeing as the Spirit Temple is cooler.

The remaining part contains a nervous Pokey trying to (H)ESS out of water and failing, missing bombs in the Lost Woods and trying to match the recent Wimbledom extravaganza with Ganondorf.

Over-all, I believe Link's manliness outranked his sloppiness by 9 to 1, giving this run an Accept on my part, and leaving me with just to say I'm impressed this run was done without goron mask... or damage boosting. Woo!

Quote:
Pokey said before that his time was 1:16:54, but when I'm starting from control of Link and going to that last blow on Ganon, it's like 1:16:58. Not sure if the seconds are going to make a difference on the game page.

I'm not even going to bother breaking down what went right and what went wrong, because Pokey already seems to know all that and it'd be insane to do it for the purposes of considering rejection. Someone doing all these tricks in one sitting is amazing, so get the run on the site ASAP.

Assuming the audio commentary is going to be the same as what's with the video on ZSR, it's very enjoyable and I'd just like to recommend in advance that people listen to it, regardless of which site you get it from.

So yea, accept. Congrats, Pokey.

Quote:
My thoughts:

- Mido is the worst fucking guard in video game history, period. You just jump over him and he doesn't do shit.
- Clever idea to instigate the Cucco bombardment for early well.
- Speaking of the well - what the fuck? Lol. That was an awesome glitch. Who finds this shit, seriously?
- Also, when I saw Link pick up the Deku Stick for the very first time in the game inside the well, I had to backtrack and watch it again just to make sure I was seeing that right.
- That Dead Hand fight was epic fail.
- Nice idea to stab the Cucco during the 2nd Cucco hunting phase, saved a few seconds I'm sure.
- OK, Ocarina is a cluster fucking glitch fest, but I NEVER expected to see the Shadow Temple being entered as a kid. That is one sick find.
- Dead Hand 2 - what the fuck happened to the music? The fight went so much better than the first one, though.
- "As I thought, you held the keys to the Door of Time." LMFAO! Link went there with barely more than the shirt on his back. XD
- The Stalfos in Ganon's Tower went very well. The two armored guys afterwards were even better (can't remember their names right now, Knuckle something).
- Really would like to see a more aggressive Ganondorf fight (as in, jumping to the center when deflecting his shots back at him, you could stun him sooner I believe).
- The Stalfos going down the tower seemed to be rather stubborn.
- The Ganon fight was adequate.

I really hope we can get some audio commentary for this run to enlighten everyone that doesn't know about the new glitches and tricks used in this run. Definite accept. Cheesy

Decision: Accept

Reason: One day there will be a way to skip the Ocarina, until then, we'll just have to settle with this run. Wink
Thread title:  
Speedrunner
Thanks for the fast verification guys Cheesy
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Finallyyyyyyyyyy!!11!1!!!!

It only took 450 some odd pages in the planning thread for someone to finish a run.

I know I know...new tricks...blah blah...I am just happy to see all the hard work on this game finally result in something viewable. Cannot wait to see it and HUGE CONGRATS to Pokey, way to go man.
This run was AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. I can't wait for the audio commentary!
The Fairy Ocarina has been skippable for years, it is just not faster to do so. The Ocarina of Time was skipped in this run.
Quote from RingRush:
The Ocarina has been skippable for years, it is just not faster to do so.

haha, mike was just shot down big time

congrats pokey, sounds like oot went through what dk64's going through now but on a far larger scale.
Stand: Devil's Call in your Heart
whoa, good to see the run verified finally. the first verifier's comments were very entertaining.

what's crazy about skipping both ocarinas is that Link can still play any item as if it were an ocarina. proves that he's the real deal and the ocarina is just some fancy cover.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Just reading the comments, I wanna watch this run... like NOW.

PLEASE OH PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME WAIT!!!!
Quote from Heidman:

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=7.msg6045#msg6045
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Congratulations. It's about time my run was "officially" beaten. I never expected it to stay up so long.

I'll probably wait until this run is on the site to check it out.
Quote from ShadowWraith:
Quote from Heidman:

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=7.msg6045#msg6045

the link is dead...

Edit: working and DLing now
LQ is just ... ewww.
Oh well, I'll wait.
WOW... just WOW

Now I wanna see the HQ. And I will watch it again.

Pokey, that was a real treat. Thank you and good job.

And thanks ShadowWraith for the link
It's a BIG HEAD!
Quote:
Gannondorf Fight

Gannonbanned, fucker! Tongue
Twinkle-Twinkle Lil' Star, har har!
I saw the run when it went up on Swordless' Youtube Channel and I still say it was very well done! Congrats, Pokey!

Also, the first verifiers comments were very hilarious to read. They sort of had a SirRonLionHeart (for those of you who've heard of him and know what he does) feel to them.

Anyways, good job, Pokey and I can't wait to see it up on the site!
Just finished watching the run...

one word and one word only: *gasp*
Visually Appealing
I got two: tricky trick.
I'm not your buddy, guay!
Excellent run, Pokey! This run has so many difficult, run ending tricks. Putting it all together like this with so few mistakes is really remarkable.
umad
Congratulations to pokey for taking an OoT cartridge and raping it for an hour and 17 minutes Grin

Glad to see this was accepted Smiley
My name is Toes and I was the first verifier. Cheesy
umad
Quote from Toes:

ah so THAT'S who that was Grin
I'm just trying to impress you.
Quote from Toes:

lol toes
Twinkle-Twinkle Lil' Star, har har!
Quote from Toes:

Very humorous comments, nonetheless! Do you write your comments like this for every verification?
Is PJ
I watched this run this morning and was just blown away.  Idk how you did all of those tricks in one run with only missing like...2 ESS's and a few other tricks.  That's amazing!  Fantastic run!
Hey...so...it's been about 2 and a half months since this run was verified, any update for when it might appear on the site?