--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Zelda1.html

The Legend of Zelda (ntscus) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verifier Responses

Quote from CyberBotX:
A/V good, no cheating detected. This is really smooth gameplay, the mistakes are minor, and the time saved is insane. Plus the notes are well detailed to explain everything. I see no reason not to give this an accept.

Quote from DK28:
This run is incredible!  Everybody needs to watch it right now.  The luck and execution were a perfect mix and the final time is astounding.

Quote from presjpolk:
In the HQ submission video I show control gain at 16.483, control loss at 30:13.178. Visual cues are easy here, the HUD is fully visible when control is gained, and Link appears next to Zelda when control is lost. This yields a 29:56 as the final time. First ever sub 30 run.

The competition that drove this time down from the 31:25 currently on site, has been a pleasure to watch.

This run and the many, many attempts building up to it were live streamed. No drop anomalies, no reason to believe it's cheated.  The runner's on console, on original cart, and has done everything he can do to build legitimacy around the run.

The time gain isn't from new glitches or major new routing.  Just better play, slightly better planning,  a ton of practice,  and dogged determination to get there.

Please Accept assuming the minor video interlacing issues are deemed insignificant or fixable.

Quote from JLohman711:
This run is AMAZING!

A few minor issues with the video quality, should be fixable.

No cheating here. This run happened strictly on the basis of the runner's skill, determination, and a bit of luck.

Easy Accept assuming the video issues can be fixed.

1 other verifier withheld their comments, but accepted.

Decision: Accept

Reason: The video was not correctly encoded, but the raw file is still available and new encodes will be done before the run is posted.

Congratulations to 'LackAttack24'!
Thread title:  
Thank you for all the comments Smiley It was an amazing run with help from a LOT of people in the speedrunning community. I am uploading the new videos today with the correct encoding settings. Thank you again!
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Great job, LackAttack24!
Wow LackAttack, you're incredible! You did a really great job on this run. Congratulation!
I have uploaded the correct encoded files. Just making sure there's nothing for me to do on my end.