Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaMajorasMask.html

Daniel 'Jiano' Hart's Single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
wow, its faster than the friggin tas, and more entertaining to boot

audio and video look great, and i dont see how he could load the wii wad with cheats added so certainly none of that

definitely would accept

especially liked that bottle duping trick with the red potions

and that entry to snowhead is just RIDICULOUS, as are the coping mechanisms in stone tower temple for not having the deku mask

this was just really fun to watch

Quote:
Verifier: Anyways, verification time.
Verifier: I just want it out there that i freaking love Majora's Mask. It is my favorite Zelda game out of all of them, including OoT.
Verifier: So i love to watch it get a good run. The current run is one of my favorites, i didn't think the time difference would be that big.
Verifier: First thing i do is check the improvement. 10 minutes. Holy shit.
Verifier: This run was awesome. The route is improved from the current one, and some of the tricks here that weren't in the current help out tremendously.
Verifier: So, let's just get it finished now. Accept.

Quote:
Video and audio quality seem fine. Maybe it's just me, but I thought I noticed about a quarter-second audio desync. I don't think it's a big deal though. I timed the run and got 1:53:32.96

To start off, let me just say that this run contains SEVERE CHEATING. From the apparent lack of lag in certain areas (and the odd addition of lag in certain other areas) I have been able to discern that this run was done on an emulator. Jiano forgot to cut out the first 5 seconds describing the gamepad the player must use. However, this screen suggests that he is playing on an officially sanctioned emulator by Nintendo, which is apparently allowed here, so I'll let it slide.

There is very little to mess up in the intro and the first cycle. I noticed a new, slightly different strategy for collecting the first two rupees. He begins the game by rolling into a bush and hoping he gets a rupee, then getting the second rupee from the pot in the Trading Post. It seems to be a bit slower to climb up to the Trading Post pot than to get both rupees from the grass immediately after becoming a deku. The first cycle goes smoothly, however. The end of it looks sloppy when he tries to get inverted camera 21 times to make the Moon's Tear skip look cool. He gives up and pulls off the backflip to the ledge on the first try without inverted cam.

After getting the Deku Mask is when the real action starts, meaning the parts that require skill. Jiano goes and grabs the silver rupee chest in East Clock Town, hits the Clock Town owl, then deposits the money to get Adult Wallet and stocks up on explosives. After that, it's off to Great Bay Coast. He has to talk to the guard to move him out of the way.

Very nice quickslide to and hover over the fence. No HESS through the fences because it's really hard on the Wii, so he does two superslides instead. Nice recoil into the water slashing the owl, and then he gets the Zora Mask. He superslides to Zora Cape, killing a poor innocent Leever in the process.

The Zora Pots game goes perfectly; a major improvement from his last submission. He swims to the Zora Cape owl to activate it, then takes off and puts on the Zora Mask, which gives him enough height to grab that platform. A few bomb hovers to the next platform, and then a Fairy's Fountain Wrong Warp to Ikana Canyon (using a Zora long jump to save explosives). He misses superslide to the owl. Embarrassed by his failure, he dons the Zora Mask and retreats downstream, using a little-known shortcut to get to the Southern Swamp.

Some Zora rolling through the Woods of Mystery instead of pro HESSing. It is necessary to talk to Koume first, because Kotake will not give you the Red Potion until you do so. Heartless bastard that he is, Jiano leaves Koume to die and instead swims to the Deku Palace, killing the Big Octo with Zora fins. He puts on the Zora Mask mid-dive to activate a glitch that lets him swim in shallow water.

In Deku Palace, he hovers over the guards to avoid putting on the Deku Mask and talking to them like the anti-social basement dweller he is. Then he hovers onto the fence, then the platform with the flower, then turns into Zora and jumps onto the fence. Then he does a couple bomb hovers to the ledge leading to the monkey's cage. After learning the Sonata of Awakening, Jiano is unceremoniously ousted from the Deku Palace. Then he plays the Song of Double Time to make it night. It isn't obvious at the moment, but he does it to prepare for duping bottles at the Curiosity Shop, which opens at 10 PM.

Outside, he steps on a lilypad and turns into Link just long enough to jump onto the slope before the lilypad sinks. This skips about 3 deku flowers. Song of Soaring get. Nothing that interesting in Woodfall. He delays the cutscene by a frame so he can open the temple and let a text box appear during the cutscene instead of interrupting gameplay, which saves about one second. After hitting the owl, he uses Song of Soaring to Clock Town to restock explosives, then into Woodfall Temple.

Well done backflip onto the slope in the first room. This skips 2 deku flowers. Then some bomb hovering to the Hero's Bow. The Dinofols gets pooped on. Deku Sticks are just too powerful.

Here is one of the major improvements on his previous submission. Instead of leaving and postponing Woodfall Temple, he clips into the pillar in the corner and hovers to the boss loading zone, which skips the Boss Key. It takes 24 explosives, which is the reason for the extra Bomb Shop trip before entering the temple.

One bomb to lure Odolwa away from the center results in a smack in the face. Jiano quickly recovers, stuns the jungle dude with an arrow, and quickspins the dancer to death. This was a pretty good Odolwa fight; he's usually pretty cagey. Since he beat Woodfall Temple first, he doesn't get to skip the 50-second cutscene with Tatl after learning the Oath to Order. Tatl says the next stop is the mountains. I dunno what she's smoking.

Back to Clock Town to refill on the explosives used for the BK skip, then it's off to the Curiosity Shop to dupe bottles. The timing for pausing and equipping over the item you're selling is 1 frame. One goddamn frame. He dupes 3 bottles for a total of 4, so he can get the Zora Eggs in the minimum amount of trips (there are 4 in Pirates' Fortress and 3 in Pinnacle Rock). Sticks and nuts can be regained by picking up stick or nut drops, and only the Zora Mask is needed after Woodfall Temple. He allows his item to be sold on the fourth transaction for a bit of extra cash. He skips getting the Scarecrow's Song in the Trading Post, which would cost 30 seconds.

Onto Pinnacle Rock. He navigates the area without the Seahorse and without getting lost, then kills the 3 eels that are guarding Zora Eggs. After collecting them, he gets lost to get warped to the entrance of Pinnacle Rock, then swims to the Marine Research Lab to dump the eggs. No Song of Soaring because you can't play it in the water. Off to Pirates' Fortress.

Some guard evasion and then hovering to the fortress to skip the underwater tunnels (which he can't open without Goron Mask). He messed up some sidehops up the ramp. Inside the fortress, he gets out his bow to poop on some guards and shoot down the beehive. The beehive is really hard to see from the distance he shoots it at, but if you go too far forward, it plays a long cutscene where the pirates discuss their plans. Another missed superslide that was supposed to go through the barrels, and some sloppy sidehopping around them to reach the Hookshot. Here he gets a Zora Egg from the tank. Then he hookshots to the roof and does a sidehop jumpslash into the tunnel to get another egg. Once outside again, he does another sidehop jumpslash to get around a huge partition and reach another egg.

The pirate here is a bitch and keeps blocking the stabs. The stab method usually works pretty well. Ah, well, denied. Final Zora Egg and then 20 rupees from the chest in the tank, then warping back to the lab to dump the eggs and learn the New Wave Bossa Nova.

After playing NWBN, Jiano has one frame to pause and then play the Song of Double Time. This skips the turtle cutscene and saves about a minute. Judging by the fact that the turtle cutscene played (and by the fact that he was cussing something awful when I watched his live streamed attempt) I can only conclude that he missed it. What a shame.

Anyway, in the Great Bay Temple, he plays the song to make it night as was intended. Then he rides a platform up, hovers across the gap, then does some hovering for this dungeon's Boss Key skip. He ends it with a megasidehop angled to the right. Megaflips and megasidehops have really strict timing in this game, not to mention the fact that if you fuck them up you can crash the game. Jiano pause buffers the megasidehop to get to Gyorg. After Gyorg spits out his fish, you have to dolphin dive onto the platform really quickly to avoid getting eaten (you don't have time to just climb). Bachewy chewy chomp, and poor Jiano loses 2 hearts. Aside from that, it was a good Gyorg battle.

Back to the Great Bay Fairy's Fountain for another Wrong Warp, this time to Snowhead. The hover to the platform is obsoleted by the Hookshot. Once in the unloaded Snowhead Fairy's Fountain, Jiano plays the Song of Double Time to make it day, so that there aren't any Boes outside to make him fuck up Goron Lullaby skip.

For Goron Lullaby skip, he has about one second to get ISG before he is blown off, and if he gets blown off too far he will start at the normal entrance to Snowhead instead of the Fairy's Fountain, which fucks up the entire route. After pause buffering the ISG, he superslides towards the next level of the spiral to get enough speed to make it there despite the wind. After climbing up, he has to get ISG again because the ledge is high enough that grabbing it cancels ISG. He sends a chu at the boulder to prevent it hitting him, then very quickly enters Snowhead Temple. Major improvement, it took him 6 or 7 tries last time.

In the temple, he sidehops into the crack next to the block to skip pushing it; saves about 5-10 seconds. He jumps down in the next room to get a bomb drop, then fries himself in the lava to warp to the start of the room. In the center room, he does the same thing (you can even move during the cutscene) then takes 20 seconds to hookshot a torch on the next floor. Scarecrow's Song makes this easier, but he's saved 10 seconds now by not getting it. Excellent Wizrobe fight. He prevents the start of phase 2 by hitting the Wizrobe at just the right time, and doing this causes it to keep attempting to appear in the same square.

More hookshotting and hovering all the way up to the boss door, then a recoil flip to clip into the corner so he can jump behind the boss door. He messes it up once, but gets it right after. He jumps the gun by equipping the normal bow before using a Fire Arrow to free Goht. He starts with a volley of arrows at Goht, who runs around in a circle after connecting with a lightning bolt. This wastes a bit of time, but Goht still goes down sufficiently fast. Nice superslide to the Heart Container and blue warp. Another difference from the last run is that he doesn't get the Razor Sword. He just warps to Clock Town to restock, then to Ikana Canyon. He hookshots a dead tree to get to Stone Tower faster.

Hookshot up from the second platform, then hover across that huge gap. He misses an ISG and almost gets blown off the edge, turning around at the last second. More hookshotting up, hovering across another huge gap, then more hookshotting up to the owl. Then another bomb shop trip. Back in Stone Tower, he catches a fairy. Not because he sucks and is anticipating a death, but because he needs a bottled item in hand to activate the timestop glitch. This holds a block in place so he can ride it over the gap and save precious explosives.

In Stone Tower Temple, he misses an ISG hovering up the block. He swims through the tunnel and gets thrown by the Dexihand on purpose to reach the key. I think that's the only key he uses in this run. While hovering up the second sun block, he puts on the Zora Mask to climb up it. He has a little trouble getting off it, and when he does, he falls right on top of a Nejiron. He kills the Nejirons for a bomb drop, then moves on to the updraft room. Some fancy recoil flips into the updrafts to make up for the lack of the Deku Mask. The second one is even done from within an updraft, which looks really amazing. Garo Master fight with Deku Nuts, and then a warp to the entrance after getting Light Arrows. Jiano hovers to the ledge beside the temple, and sidehops through the wall (which isn't solid because you're not supposed to be there) and stops himself with a chu hover so he can hit the jewel with a light arrow without moving the block. He can't move the block without the Elegy of Emptiness.

In the inverted temple, he hovers to get to the central room, and then recoil flips to the platform where he starts the BK skip. Yes, the very difficult hover down to the loading zone is used in this run. This saves a lot of time because he doesn't have to run around the temple and fight Gomess. He wastes one chu trying to angle change, pause buffers a couple of megaflips, and wastes a bomb by losing count of the flashes. Because he just goes and does the BK skip, he doesn't get the Giant's Mask.

The Twinmold fight was good. He used 3 fire arrows and one normal arrow to kill the blue one, but this time around he poops on the red one only using arrows. This is made even more epic by the fact that it's past midnight of the final day, which is convenient because he doesn't have to hover into the Clock Tower. After playing the Oath to Order, we sit back and watch a long cutscene.

On (in?) the Moon comes the final superslide of the game. He uses Zora fins to stun Majora's Mask and light arrows to damage it. This is a better strategy than the last run, because he had been unable to reach the mask in one cycle because it fell in the window after he stunned it. Majora's Incarnation was terrible. This fight is usually easy, as it rarely attacks. He uses this fight to destroy the boss remains so they don't screw up his Majora's Wrath fight. However, Incarnation was a complete bitch this time and fired almost every time it stopped moving. The Majora's Wrath fight was perfect; one arrow to stun it, one jumpslash, 36 regular slashes, and a quickspin finish.

This run has a few mistakes that could be ironed out; the most costly and least noticeable of which is the failed turtle cutscene skip. Hopefully this will be pulled off in a future run, but as a ten minute improvement over the previous submissions, this is definitely SDA worthy. Accept.

Quote:
Yo mike, here is my comment on the MM run.

Zelda: Majora’s Mask SS Improvement.

The video/audio quality is in perfect condition.
If you liked the last MM run you are going to want to sleep with this SS improvement.
I could add a bunch of stuff but it’s better to let yourself get overwhelmed by this fucking amazing run.

Definitely Accept.

Quote:
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
N64 - Virtual Console
Any% SS

Game select starts 00.18. Cutscene. Rolling. Cutscene. Spinning, flying. Cutscene. Old lady story time. Deposit 2 rupees. 100 rupee chest from sad bachelorette. Save the fairy. Escape East Clock. Great Fairy bubble magic. Deposit 99 rupees. Z-target dancing. Clock tower w/o flower. More dancing. Cutscene. Bubble directly under skull kid for ocarina. More cutscenes. No mishaps so far.

First Day Start 21.04. Song of Healing. 100 rupee chest -> fall through stairs. Hit owl. Deposit 99 rupees. Adult's wallet. Withdraw 150 rupees. Roll into wall. Buy bomb bag. Buy 20 bombchus. 20 rupees left. Exit West Clock Town to field. Superslide to gate. Hover over gate (18 c, 18 b). Bomb superslide. Rolling. Bomb superslide to water (18c, 16b). Lab owl. Get zora mask. Bomb superslide to south bay. Zora transform. 90 rupees for bottle game. Game again. 200 rupees total. Backflips. Swim to Zora owl. Get bombs. Zora glitch up to island. Bomb hover to fairy fountain. (14c, 18b). Wrong warp hover glitch (4c, 16b) to Ikana. Bomb slide, get bombs (4c, 20b). Owl get. Swim to south swamp. Lost woods to witch. Roll into wall. Backflip too early onto platform. Red potion + bottle for witch. Bail on the witch. Zora shallow swim to octo. Zora kill octo. Zora backwalk through poison. Cue good music. Hover over deku guards (4c, 19b). Hover up to fence, to flower, to high fence. Hover to ledge (2c, 18b). Deku mask cutscene skip. Sonata of Awakening. Deku backwalk out of temple. Double time mess up. Glitch onto log. Song of Soaring. Slow bounce to lilipad. Deku stick. Temple get. Mask off before cutscene. Deku seeds (10). Deku stick (2). Owl get. Soar to South Clock. Bomb shop: Buy 20 chus (20c, 18b). Soar to Woodfall. Woodfall temple entrance. Fall -> slide up to far flower. Hover to far door of rotating flower room (20c, 13b). Stick rape dinolfos. Bow get. Zora mask. Zora flip through wall. BK skip (0c, 9b). Bomb odolwa (0c, 8b). Get hit by Odolwa (loses maybe 8 seconds). Spins ftw. Oath to Order. Bye princess. Soar to Clock. Bomb shop: 10b, 20c (18b, 20c). Curiosity shop for some bottle duping (over Deku mask, stick, and seeds) - 90 rupees total. Soar to Great Bay. Zora mask to Pinnacle Rock. Eggs routed well. Eggs to lab. Magic and bomb get (20b, 20c). Swim to pirates. Hover to ledge from stomp place (20c, 15b). Jump before at ramp. Headshots. Miss hive. Hit hive for cutscene skip. Miss bomb slide. Miss some jumps into wall (20c, 14b). Hookshot get to water zora for egg. Minor mishaps only. Less than one minute lost.

Second Day Start 1:01.08. Hookshot to ledge. Fall to jumpslash into entrance. Egg get. Sidehop to jumpslash for next egg door. Damage from clam loses a second. Egg get. Minor hook aiming issues. Fight goes fairly well. Fish kill takes a second. Egg get. 20 rupee chest (110 total). Soar to Great Bay. New Wave Bossa Nova. Soar to Zora Bay. Bomb get (20c, 19b). Misses turtle cutscene skip, which is hard as balls actually. Magic and arrow get (why not before?). Hook to turtle. Zora temple. Waste some time before double time to night. Hover to ledge (20c, 15b). BK skip (12c, 14b). Pause buffering to make  sure the side hop is timed perfectly. Eaten once by Gyorg after missing the platform. Gyorg dead in two cycles. Bomb and magic get (12c, 19b). Glitch up island. Hook aiming issues. Fairy fountain: wrong warp hover to Snowhead - misses first attempt (2c, 16b). Double time to dawn. Probably a bit more than one minute lost this day. Third Day Start 1:17.28. Pause buffer infinite sword to not get blown off (2c, 15b). Superslide to ramp. Blown off ramp before infinite sword glitch. Second time works (2c, 12b). Chu to destroy snowball. Some trouble up the ramp (1c, 12b). Side hop glitch through stone. Bomb get (1c, 17b). Zora death in lava to get back up. Jump to snowblowers. Jump to bottom floor before cutscene. Bomb get (1c, 20b). Zora death in lava to get back up. Mask off, hook to torch. Hook to torch on next level (miss four times). Bomb jump to next ramp (twice - 1c, 18b). Kill wizzrobe before he can run. Fire arrow get. Hook to torch up at next level. Hover to snowballs (1c, 13b). Hover to boss door ramp (0c, 9b). BK skip (gets it second try - 0c, 7b). Goht: misses first three arrows, hits, lightning, bomb knockdown (didn't actually know you could do that), finishes on second cycle. Superslide to Goht (0c, 5b). Good feelings cutscene. Soar to clock town. Withdraw 50 rupees (166 total). Buys 20 chus (20c, 5b). Soar to Ikana. Bomb get (20c, 10b). To stone tower. Stupid bat. Hover over giant gap (misses infinite sword twice - 10c, 7b). Accidental switch hit. Hover over gap (0c, 6b). Night of Final day. Bomb get (0c, 11b). Owl get. Soar to clock town. Backwalk into wall. Buy chus (20c, 11b). Bomb get (20c, 16b). Fairy get. Switch camera glitch to ride block to tower. Hover over sun block (misses infinite sword once - 15c, 14b). Zora swim to key chest. Minor swimming issues. Hover over sun block (10c, 13b) in mirror room. Bomb get (10c, 18b). Bomb megaflip over fan. Bomb jump through next two fans. Garo master fight goes well. Light arrow get. Soar to entrance. Exit. Hover to shoot tower upside down (9c, 14b). Hover to left rear door (9c, 11b). Bomb mega flip past spike dudes (9c, 9b). Probably more than one minute lost this day, but it's ridiculously heffing hard so that's acceptable.

Countdown starts 1:41.00. BK skip (pause buffer to help megaflips - 0c, 3b). Three fire arrows to help kill twinmold. Misses five arrows on second one. Some bad luck
with twinmold routes. (Sword spins of joy or boredom here?) Good feelings cutscene. 3:00.32 left on countdown. To skull kid. Cutscene. Oath to order. Cutscene.

On the moon at 1:53.04. Superslide to Majora (0c, 2b). Majora: mask cycle solid, kills masks/takes damage twice/misses first spin/majora runs away a few times incarnation cycle, wrath cycle is solid. Majora killed at 1:57.10.

Jiano says SDA time is 1:53, though my timing puts it at a high 1:56.

Very good run overall. With this route, and with perfect glitch execution throughout, it's probably possible to get a 1:51, though I don't really ever see that happening with the huge amount of difficult glitches in the run.

Decision: Accept.

Oh, and Audio/Video are good as well. Watch with commentary. It's amusing.

Quote:
Here are my comments on the Majora's Mask speedrun awaiting verification:

Video and Audio quality are both great, even in the provided low-quality encode. As far as the quality of play goes, I could nitpick every instance where the runner's movement was sub-optimal (including one point where he rolls straight into a wall), or I could complain about how the runner was unlucky in a few boss fights, which cost him a few seconds (the best example of this is Majora's Incarnation, which uses its only attack multiple times in a row), but that would be missing the point; this run is extremely well executed, with a high level of skill and consistency throughout. Given the difficulty of some of the tricks in the run, and given the overall length of the run, it's excusable to see a few small blemishes, especially when everything else is of such high quality.

The only mistake I'd like to point out specifically would be the failed GBT cutscene skip. For the uninitiated, it involves pausing the game right after playing the New Wave Bossa Nova. This allows you to play the Song of Double Time to skip the long cutscne that follows the NWBN, effectively switching a minute-long cutscene for a 15-second one. Failing this cutscene skip is the biggest mistake of the run, but it may also be the hardest trick of the run: it's a frame-perfect trick, it's right in the middle of the run, and there's quite a bit of lag in the area, which makes it hard to time the Start press. Combine that with the fact that it is practically invisible to the uneducated viewer, and I see no reason to reject the run because of that mistake.

I also took the liberty to time the run. By my count, timing should begin at frame 6525 and end at frame 210700 (determining the correct ending point was difficult; I ended up choosing that particular frame because Wrath suddenly went from kneeling to standing straight up with locked knees in only one frame, clearly signalling the start of its death animation). This means the run is a surprisingly even 204,175 frames long, which comes out to 01:53:32.645, or 1:53:33 when rounded.

So, should this run be accepted? Absolutely. It improves upon the previous run by nearly ten minutes, and is definitely deserving of a spot on SDA. If the runner stays true to his word and does, in fact, "devastate" this run next year, then the results should be absolutely mind-blowing.

Decision: Accept

Reason: Because it's Jiano and Majora's Mask.
Thread title:  
I like how 3 verifiers timed the run themselves and all ended up with a different time.

(I never did watch this... does anyone have a link to the run?)
DS Dictator

It does contain Commentary and it's an awesome run.
from red to blue
the third verifier isn't the normal SEVERE cheating one, you can tell by that it is suitable for all viewers. the run was spectacular.
This run is excellent and you should all watch it.
gamelogs.org
thoroughly enjoyed watching the run with commentary on youtube. great stuff.
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Only about halfway through but I'm really enjoying it. Jiano, would you mind if me and a friend do our own commentary when the run is put up? Don't worry we won't say anything bad. I'll have to see if my friend is interested in doing it.
It's a BIG HEAD!
Hm? Another spin-off off Zelda franchise? Tongue

Agreed, the severe cheating dude only used severe cheatiing in one spot, and that was an semi-senseful one. Not real. Tongue
It should be obvious at this point that people are trying to emulate him. If that is the case...

Humanity is so doomed.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Quote from MarioGalaxy2433g5:
It should be obvious at this point that people are trying to emulate him. If that is the case...

Humanity is so doomed.

The prophet of the times.
On the timing discrepancy:

Since Jiano ends the run with a quickspin, it's hard to tell exactly when control is taken away. However, the exact frame isn't really important, since the run is pretty clearly a high 1:52:32; I don't see how you could get a high 1:56:xx unless you count the intro. I don't know SDA's policy for rounding seconds, but if we always round down to the nearest whole second, then the run should be timed as 1:53:32; if we round up because the milliseconds are so high, then it should be a 1:53:33.
The Running Failure
Quote from Baron Dante:
Agreed, the severe cheating dude only used severe cheatiing in one spot, and that was an semi-senseful one. Not real. Tongue

Trust me, when it's one of his, you know it!
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Yikes!  I barely had time to make popcorn for this run Wink  Amazing job, and highly entertaining commentary!
Everybody loves Hypnotoad!
Quote from darkeye14:
On the timing discrepancy:

Since Jiano ends the run with a quickspin, it's hard to tell exactly when control is taken away. However, the exact frame isn't really important, since the run is pretty clearly a high 1:52:32; I don't see how you could get a high 1:56:xx unless you count the intro. I don't know SDA's policy for rounding seconds, but if we always round down to the nearest whole second, then the run should be timed as 1:53:32; if we round up because the milliseconds are so high, then it should be a 1:53:33.

Whenever an enemy dies, the screen flashes white for a single frame twice.  The same applies to when Wrath dies.  I think that the first flash should be the final frame, as it's very clear cut.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Jiano... Could you do me a favor? Could you quit breaking the hearts of the developers that put so much work into making the game? Eventually you are going to do it to the wrong developer and cause them to create a game that can't be beaten. The run was super nice though.
torch slug since 2006
Very nice run, I dont really like majoras mask but watching it with commentary made me thinking of picking it up at VC
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
And people say Mike was wrong trying to get him to play this game at AGDQ, as if! Tongue
Go Go Jiano! Cheesy Will definitely take a look at this run when my b'width comes soaring back in about 7 hours :-) I'm guessing a seperate [VC version] section is going to be made for the MM page? Otherwise it's just too easier to go VC, as the 100% could be hugely improved by loss of lag not route changes, thus you know, voiding any reason to even include it as a n64 game Cheesy
Edit history:
ING-X: 2011-02-14 08:43:19 pm
umad
VC will not a separate category; the lag and loading times will not be taken into account when comparing runs on different versions (i.e. a VC run won't beat an N64 one unless the actual gameplay is better even if the lag/loading makes it faster than the N64 one).