List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Troy 'Hellfire7777777' Spence

Verifier Responses

Quote:
System went nuts when I tried to submit my verification comments a few minutes ago.

Hulk is pissed for 20 minutes (19:36).

Question for runner: Would the Abomination fights be faster by moving forward a bit after each Sonic Clap? (since you have to wait for him to move back into Clap range)

ACCEPT OR HULK SMASH!

Quote:
alright lemme see....

the video quality is alright. the score for whatever is sort of scrambled. maybe it's just me though.

everything looks ok with lives staying constant and whatnot. i didn't see any sign of msnipulation.

the use of meter was sweeeet.

i know from experience how hard just executing the run in this game is and i give major props for that.

other than that i don't have anything else to say. great run!

verdict: accept. (obviously)

Quote:
Audio/video quality is good.

The run isn't as optimized as it could be, but still well executed and a great addition to the site. The biggest improvements I can see are the Rhino fight, which could be done at least 5 seconds faster, getting more lucky with the electric parts of the floor in stage 5, and finding a way not to get caught on the enemies at the start of the third stage. Other than that, there are a few missed hits and jumps, perfectly tolerable in a single-segment

At first, I thought taking some of the shortcuts as Bruce Banner would be faster than going the normal way, but after some testing, it does seem that the potential time saved doesn't quite make up for the time lost gathering the required capsule and sitting through the transformation animations. Also, in stage 5, you can get the Abomination stuck in the doorway to the left of the screen and attack it repeatedly. I'm not sure if it's actually faster than just Sonic Clapping the crap out of it

Pretty good run overall. HULK HAPPY. HULK ACCEPT.

Decision: Accept

Reason: The Hulk has no need to smash because his run was accepted.
Thread title:  
Quote:
Question for runner: Would the Abomination fights be faster by moving forward a bit after each Sonic Clap? (since you have to wait for him to move back into Clap range)

Yes it would save a little time, but very little I think. I do not move forward because to move forward I have to take my fingers off the A, and B buttons then move and then execute the clap again. Sometimes I mess up the clap if there is any movement involved in it and then I get hit by the Abomination. Often I mess up when going forward after the clap so I just did not feel comfortable doing it. Hope that explained it a little.
Thanks guys. Now the Hulk will not smash me into the ground.
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from hellfire7777777:
Quote:

Yes it would save a little time, but very little I think. I do not move forward because to move forward I have to take my fingers off the A, and B buttons then move and then execute the clap again. Sometimes I mess up the clap if there is any movement involved in it and then I get hit by the Abomination. Often I mess up when going forward after the clap so I just did not feel comfortable doing it. Hope that explained it a little.

That was me that asked that, thanks.  Why would you have to take your fingers off A & B though?  Doesn't seem sensible since there's only 3 buttons on a Genesis controller (unless you're using a 6).
To do the clap, I hold A and B then press C(I use 3 fingers for this). You can hit all three buttons at the same time but this does not seem to work as often. If you press a direction while holding A and B you will not move until you release the buttons. So in order to move a little bit forward after each clap vs. the Abomination you have to 1. hold A and B then press C(to do the clap) 2. release the A and B buttons and press forward (to walk forward) then repeat the clap again. The more times I take my fingers off the A and B buttons to move forward the more chance I have of messing up the clap and ruining my Abomination fight. Does that answer it??? If not I could make a short vid showing it.
You got a deletion wish?
Ah, I see now.  Yeah, that has a good chance of botching timing.