Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Overall, I am very impressed with the planning and luck manipulation that went into this run. Thanks to the runner for running on of my all time favorite games.

Accept

Quote:
Post 1:

A/V is good, though it would be nice to have the run appended to one file, or at least put segment 10 in with 1-9 like the runner probably intended, because it's a bit awkward to have that one short segment be the only one to get its own file.

I'm inclined to believe there is no cheating.  To clarify, my only major doubt is with recharging the enchanted daggers in Defending Bruma, as mentioned by a previous verifier.  From what I've found on the two major TES wikis, a stack of hotkeyed enchanted items can regain their charge by switching (for the record, I mostly played this on 360); but the daggers aren't stacked (different names and base dagger types).  This is a Bethesda game though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were totally legit.

As for the previous verifier's concerns with the Bruma Oblivion Gate stuff, I didn't see Burd or the guards at all inside the gate, and I don't recall coming back out to see them fighting Scamps when I went through and cleared the gate ahead of them like the runner did (I used different strats, but presumably it was the same for hitting triggers).  It's been quite a while since I did that, though.

Regarding the category, I personally think it's legit.  Yeah there's a lot of OoB, skips and sequence breaks, and they may completely change the nature of the quests, but all the quests in the main storyline are actually completed.  Doing things this way also adds quite a bit of entertainment to the run.

As for the run itself, it's not perfect, but still impressive.  There are a couple moments of movement issues, slightly sloppy menuing or less than perfect combat, but by and large it's still very optimized.  The run looks nothing like casual play, and I mean that in the best way. Smiley

With all the skooma consumed over the course of the run it really changes the context of the portions inside Oblivion Gates, and especially the final cutscene. Wink  And perhaps it provides an in-game explanation for the OoB stuff, for that matter...

I'll post my decision once things are clarified.

Post 2:

I went back and looked at Defending Bruma again, and yeah, you can actually see the difference between the daggers.  It's hard to tell because the graphics are so similar and the game doesn't show the name of whichever one you're using.  So that checks out.  In hindsight I should have looked at the daggers themselves more closely, but all's well that ends well.

Accept

Quote:
This is a very impressive run. I could say more but the other verifiers pretty much covered everything. Always a pleasure to see a seemingly complicated RPG completely broken.

Drinking strats FTW!!!

Accept

Quote:
Everything looks good, with no signs of cheating. Solid gameplay and overall is really fun to watch. The Oob glitches are really impressive.

ACCEPT!

Quote:
I don't really know what else to say about the run, it's a neat and fast glitchy run Cheesy Accepto!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to André 'Xevro' Gagné Bouchard!
Thread title:  
Wake up and be awesome
It's nice to see Elder Scrolls finally getting some representation on SDA. I thought the Morrowind speedrun was going to be the only one ever submitted. Here's to hoping for Skyrim in the near future or possibly Arena or Daggerfall runs