1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

James 'Aftermath' Downing's run (does this game have saves?)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Audio and Video = Good
Cheating? It looks like TAS, but no cheating detected.

As for the next to last level, you could build six shadows and walk right into the exit instead.

The amount of control and practice that went into this is amazing. Good job! You should do more flash games. There are a couple of times you could have jumped off the edge gaining more downward momentum, but instead you walk off: very minor. Also, while using two characters you could use more of the fall time to move the other character: again very minor.

ACCEPT!

Quote:
I really don't have much to say since the first verifier covered everything I had to say and then some. I think there's maybe 2-3 seconds that can be shaved off this run, unless if there's a time saver I don't know about (like doing the last stage with one clone instead of two). Great run.

Accept

Quote:
Wow, this run was better than I was expecting. I couldn't get on top of the clones as quickly as you could and it looks really nice. Definitely accept.

On a side note: this is the saddest fucking game I have ever played. The character reminds me very much of myself and I cried at the ending. No other game has ever done that and this was done in a 20 minute (for the first time) flash game with no cutscenes.

Quote:
On a unrelated note when watch the 'the end' a couple seconds longer it will add another line which makes the story even more saddening. (isn't in the video of the run :()
another anecdote totally unrelated to this run:
I actually went in playing this game trying to skip everything just look at the gameplay but when I got to the 'history part' I actually started reading the texts properly and got sucked in good. This game is brilliant. Thank you for bringing it to my attention ^^

As for the run:
Well, what's said has been said.
In all honesty I was afraid this would be one of those runs that would have been rushed (because it was from a flash) and well I must say I was impressed by the run and certainly didn't expect it to be of this quality. That being said it's not perfect, but as far as I could figure out all 'mistakes' have already been mentioned.

So yeah, definitely ACCEPT for me.
Also because if this game wasn't in the verifiers thread I wouldn't have played it (read: I didn't know it existed until then)....
This game gave me the chills ;o

Quote:
This is a very nice run.  Another accept.  It's just like the game, you wish it could impress you even more, but it's very short of course Smiley

After two viewings I'd say an improvement of 3 or 4 seconds is possible, from stacking the ghosts faster on the second to last level.  The runner would probably know better, but the first three could get their instructions to jump, one a little after the other, and then the last two ghosts would each jump twice, one slightly after the other.  He mentions wonky behavior with ghosts, though, and he's right about that.

Quote:
Pretty much agree with everyone else, this is a well-executed run of a game which requires a lot of careful timing to be completed quickly. Especially liked the room with the four levers. Should be a good quick watch even for people who haven't played the game.

Accept!

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a tight run of a flash game with a great mechanic.

This game is sad. Sad What's even sadder is that the runner's recording program couldn't record the final message at the end. Sad
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Aftermath: 2011-05-16 06:25:00 pm
Quits halfway
Hurray, thanks for accepting it everyone. I'm glad to have passed your expectations and that the time I spent on this run shows.

As for the second to last level, building six clones takes 2-3 seconds longer than what I did, although building 6 clones was the first thing I came up with on that level. I'm not sure how staggering the jumping would work to build the clones up faster, if you had the last two ghosts jump twice, wouldn't you still have to wait the same amount of time because all of the other ghosts need to be in place? Well, if it's the the later ghosts have shorter jump animations because they'd be landing before they normally would, that might save a small amount of time, but would be difficult to time to make sure you only get the necessary number of jumps (see the level with the clone-staircase). Might work, but as I said in my comments, this was pretty much my limit on properly timing everything.

The jumping from the edge earlier was something that I just had to forfeit because even for the few levels that needed it, I wasn't able to reliably make it faster despite a lot of practice and trying. The idea of moving while falling is pretty brilliant, that should definitely be added when someone improves this run.

Thanks again everyone and, to those who mentioned it, I will hopefully be submitting another flash game soon.