Sad
<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
We all scream for Eyes Cream
2nd one sounds a lot like Bubble Bobble.

1st one I don't know. Maybe Space Silicon Valley?
Rookie DF reportin' f'dudy, sir.
No, its not Bubble Bobble--close though. And the same thing for Space Silicon Vally--very similar, but not quite it. Maybe spin-offs of them?
Maybe Bust a Move on the 2nd one?

And I can't think of anything else other than Space Station Silicon Valley on the 1st, because there isn't a very large library of titles to choose from and that's the only I can think of where you control animals.
The Speedrunning Teacher
Chrno: I wonder if it is Space Bastards that you're looking for (or one of them in the series)?
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from DragonFang:
I have two:

1. A game for N64, you took control of different animals. I remember a farm-like setting and an ice level of some sort. Been bothering me for the past few months =/

2. Game for PS1, I think it had the word "Bubble" in the name, I think it was the type of game where you shoot from the bottom and pop/blow up stuff on the top. There were different characters that you could choose from and I think it also had something to do with music. Pretty sure it was very colorful too.

Sorry for being so vague, but these memories were drawn out from the swamp that is my brain. >>

2) Most likely Bust-A-Move, but it could be Buster Bros. as there are bubbles to pop in that as well.

1) Do you remember the animals you got to control? Top down view? close up, far away? any actions you remember you could perform in-game? any chance you remember anything about the gameplay? I would also be guessing Space Station Silicon Valley at this point. Is it not the one you're looking for because the view is different or something? Here's a picture of the ice level. Here are all the screen shots on mobygames.

Here are a couple others to look at as well:

A Bug's Life
Rat Attack

Quote from neskamikaze:
Maybe Bust a Move on the 2nd one?

And I can't think of anything else other than Space Station Silicon Valley on the 1st, because there isn't a very large library of titles to choose from and that's the only I can think of where you control animals.

There are actually a few games where you play as an animal, but if it's multiple animals, then SSSV is the best guess.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Chrno:
I remember the demo's name being something like "Operation Bodycount", but there could be a completely different title for it, I don't know if there is a full version of this game, I had the demo from a PC gaming magazine's demo CD back in 1999 or 2000.

EDIT1: I remember the game logo was a big red crosshair on a greenish background, with the game's name in front. Also, I still remember the demo's music, it only had one piece of music (as far as I remember), which played in the menu's, I'm not sure if it played in the game itself. It was sort of jungle / drum n' bass music.

Are you certain you're remembering one game here? Here's Operation Body Count: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/operation-body-count It's fairly close to those two pieces of information, except for the released in 1999. Do you remember the name of the magazine the demo was in? Was it for Windows or DOS?
Edit history:
PSI Slime: 2010-09-05 06:00:00 am
PSI Slime: 2010-09-05 05:59:25 am
Hello everyone. I am looking for the name of a game for a friend of mine. All I can provide are his words about the game's description (as it's not a game I know), but hopefully it will be enough.

- It had to do with remote control robots/toys, supposedly fairly small (i.e. not big robots/mecha).
- This one kid ended up finding one or getting it for his birthday, and fighting off the school bully with one.
- He thinks it's on SNES, but he's not sure.
- He's not sure whether it was an RPG or an action/adventure game.
- He remembers something about "something happening" after beating "two bad guys". Must be something relevant enough to be remembered.

- It's not Robotrek, Robopon or Custom Robo Arena.

Thank you in advance.
Um, it's pretty hard to find out like that. If he does remember the thing about bullies etc. I'm assumig he does remember at least roughly what the game looked like as well? was it sidescrolling? and even though he's not sure whether it was rpg or action, can he remember at least if you could control the toys directly or just give orders or something like that?
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from PSI Slime:
- It had to do with remote control robots/toys, supposedly fairly small (i.e. not big robots/mecha).
- This one kid ended up finding one or getting it for his birthday, and fighting off the school bully with one.
- He thinks it's on SNES, but he's not sure.
- He's not sure whether it was an RPG or an action/adventure game.
- He remembers something about "something happening" after beating "two bad guys". Must be something relevant enough to be remembered.

- It's not Robotrek, Robopon or Custom Robo Arena.

Thank you in advance.

Yeah, more info please. I will randomly guess Metal Walker (GBC). Almost sounds like a Medabot game though, so I'll also guess MedaBots: Metabee Version (GBA). Describing combat would be a big step. What other consoles could it be besides SNES?
I'm trying to remember a  VERY strange game but I can barley remember anything about it. It is an old Pc game (1990s) and the game has some movie animation things, whatever you call them, for the characters. You start out in a house I think, and your guy who is in his 20's (iirc) and he wakes up and has amnesia. It's a point in click adventure game sort of. There was a map of places you could go I think there was a random army base, a evil tower thing, and some random buildings like a barber (i think lol). The characters were very strange. I remember this specific part of the game when the guy goes in a bathroom at his friends house and spys on her through a hole in the wall lol. Sorry if someone already asked about this game but I don't know enough about it to recognize someone elses questions about it. Please tell me this game! Thanks
Cigar Man
Quote from Genocide:
I remember this specific part of the game when the guy goes in a bathroom at his friends house and spys on her through a hole in the wall lol.

Leisure Suit Larry?
Nope, lol.
Never give up!
Okay, this one may be tougher, but it's been nagging me for the past couple of weeks.

First off, the way I remember it. it was a game that was played online, and I'm pretty sure it was single-player only (I dunno if its code base was early Flash, or some kind of dynamic page loading, or what).  It was set in Egypt - inside the pyramids actually, and I don't remember if you were just trying to escape or trying to stop some sort of evil.  It was also in first-person perspective (a very kid-friendly design though, visually) with an almost grid-like movement system.

The main thing I remembered, however, was limited inventory AND weapons that degraded with use.

Why all the past tense?  I think I couldn't have been older than 12 when I played this (that would put it at mid-late 90s, to give you an idea), and I don't even know if the game is still available any longer.
Edit history:
Tyvious: 2010-09-24 10:27:12 pm
Tyvious: 2010-09-24 10:25:13 pm
Tyvious: 2010-09-24 10:23:48 pm
Bad dog! No biscuits!
Quote from Baron Dante:
Hmm, started thinking what was the game my friend had back then... It was an quite usual shooter game for PS1. It had a train level.

The most distictive thing was, that it had codes you could enter (Like unlimited ammo etc.). The one I remember was "Hat" code. It changed all enemies hats into stuff from that levels environment (Oilbarrels and stuff). the funny thing was in the train level (You move in the train, inside it), if you had the code on, they (enemies) had stuff like rails in their head (Longones) so that you could see their "hats" from the previous rooms sometimes. Fuck I laughed at these things.

Surprised this one hasn't been solved yet: It's Medal of Honor Frontline, and it was released on the PS2 (Not the PS1) in 2002.

Obscure games ftw
Some PS1 game where you could choose one of two characters at the start, either a girl with red hair who casts magic with rings or a boy with a weird hat and a sword who can turn into the most recent 4 creatures you've defeated.

Any ideas?
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2010-09-30 09:57:02 pm
ZenicReverie: 2010-09-30 09:53:25 pm
ZenicReverie: 2010-09-30 09:51:10 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from I have no name:
Some PS1 game where you could choose one of two characters at the start, either a girl with red hair who casts magic with rings or a boy with a weird hat and a sword who can turn into the most recent 4 creatures you've defeated.

Any ideas?

Threads of Fate (aka Dew Prism)
Obscure games ftw
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from I have no name:

Any ideas?

Threads of Fate (aka Dew Prism)

Yep, that's it.
Quote from Genocide:
I'm trying to remember a  VERY strange game but I can barley remember anything about it. It is an old Pc game (1990s) and the game has some movie animation things, whatever you call them, for the characters. You start out in a house I think, and your guy who is in his 20's (iirc) and he wakes up and has amnesia. It's a point in click adventure game sort of. There was a map of places you could go I think there was a random army base, a evil tower thing, and some random buildings like a barber (i think lol). The characters were very strange. I remember this specific part of the game when the guy goes in a bathroom at his friends house and spys on her through a hole in the wall lol. Sorry if someone already asked about this game but I don't know enough about it to recognize someone elses questions about it. Please tell me this game! Thanks

This sounds like Harvester.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/harvester
thanks random lurker! that's it!
Edit history:
ZenicReverie: 2010-10-13 03:08:26 pm
ZenicReverie: 2010-10-13 03:06:49 pm
Waiting hurts my soul...
Sorry I've been neglecting this thread again. I've gone ahead and given the list a face lift, and now it should be easier to track down who needs help. And for those asking, you can now look at the front page to see if anyone has come up with a guess. Please post again if I didn't update with your post. Thanks!

Quote from PotatoSalad11:
Couple of games that I can't remember:

First one was for either Commodore 64 or the Commodore Amiga. It was a puzzle game where you started on a certain tile and had to finish on a certain tile by crossing all the other tiles along the way. When you stepped on a tile is would disappear so you had to plan out your route carefully so that you could step on all the tiles without ever getting stuck.

This sounds like another Game Boy game actually, called Pyramids of Ra

Quote from Warepire:
Got a new problem for you guys, this has been bugging me for a few days now:

This is a game I used to play at a friends place a bit, I cannot remember a lot about it, pretty old, probably pre-2000.
It is either a PC or a PSX game because there where the only systems he had at the time... I am leaning more towards a PC game though.
The game had a top-down view like GTA and GTA2. The characters movement where pretty similar to the movement of the main character of GTA2.

I'm not sure if I played the game from the beginning but in some part of the game you where inside a building, you where in a room and you had to get out, but there where guards, so you had to sneak, and I remember the sneaking animation was pretty funny. If you got caught you where executed on sight. Myself I never managed to sneak out of this building. But my friend had a save of which he had gotten out and I want to recall him being outside the building in a big garden full of trees, grass and isles.

I know this information probably fits on a hundred games but it is all I can remember... Thanks for all the help !

Action Man?
Maybe if you can provide any other details, such as the setting, the colors of the environment, how you moved your guy (control directly or by clicking with the mouse), etc.

Quote from AquaTiger:
Okay, this one may be tougher, but it's been nagging me for the past couple of weeks.

First off, the way I remember it. it was a game that was played online, and I'm pretty sure it was single-player only (I dunno if its code base was early Flash, or some kind of dynamic page loading, or what).  It was set in Egypt - inside the pyramids actually, and I don't remember if you were just trying to escape or trying to stop some sort of evil.  It was also in first-person perspective (a very kid-friendly design though, visually) with an almost grid-like movement system.

The main thing I remembered, however, was limited inventory AND weapons that degraded with use.

Why all the past tense?  I think I couldn't have been older than 12 when I played this (that would put it at mid-late 90s, to give you an idea), and I don't even know if the game is still available any longer.

These are definitely wild guesses, but in case you haven't checked them out:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/win3x/secrets-of-the-pyramids/screenshots
http://www.mobygames.com/game/pyramid-challenge-of-the-pharaohs-dream
http://www.mobygames.com/game/cluefinders-4th-grade-adventures

http://www.talkingpyramids.com/ancient-egyptian-games-online/

Quote from Shuda51:
Here's one that i'm pretty vague on the details for, so i apologize in advance.

All i remember is that it was a robot game, like Transformers, though i'm not sure if that's it. One level was based in Antarctica i think, with a mini-boss being a jet robot. Another level took place out at sea during a thunderstorm. I can't exactly remember which console. I don't think it was PC, and it was definitely before the 360 came out, but sometime after the SNES.

So it could have been any system, or can you limit it further? Basically I'd be looking at Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, N64, and GameCube at this point. Are you saying the robots transformed? Only the one you controlled or enemy ones as well? What were the levels like? Was it 3D or 2D? Any idea what kind of HUD the game had? Menu screen? Try to think about any details from the controls, maybe you can picture the controller if you try to do that? Also, NTSC or PAL?

Quote from X:
crystal rainforest seems to sound familiar. yes im from the uk.

Was your game actually found out; I put it down as solved, but you had other games requested as well? Also, it seems like this is the best resource for this game: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=5861323393
Edit history:
Warepire: 2010-10-13 05:27:50 pm
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from ZenicReverie:
Quote from Warepire:
Got a new problem for you guys, this has been bugging me for a few days now:

This is a game I used to play at a friends place a bit, I cannot remember a lot about it, pretty old, probably pre-2000.
It is either a PC or a PSX game because there where the only systems he had at the time... I am leaning more towards a PC game though.
The game had a top-down view like GTA and GTA2. The characters movement where pretty similar to the movement of the main character of GTA2.

I'm not sure if I played the game from the beginning but in some part of the game you where inside a building, you where in a room and you had to get out, but there where guards, so you had to sneak, and I remember the sneaking animation was pretty funny. If you got caught you where executed on sight. Myself I never managed to sneak out of this building. But my friend had a save of which he had gotten out and I want to recall him being outside the building in a big garden full of trees, grass and isles.

I know this information probably fits on a hundred games but it is all I can remember... Thanks for all the help !

Action Man?
Maybe if you can provide any other details, such as the setting, the colors of the environment, how you moved your guy (control directly or by clicking with the mouse), etc.

The game was definitely direct input controlled, and the sneaking animation was really special, the character took almost unnaturally long steps and leaned back and forth.

The building you had to escape from may have been a type of prison but I have no idea... It does not seem to be Action Man, none of the pics at the site or the videos at youtube trigger any memories. I need to track down the game and properly test later because the videos only show the first mission... I believe however the game I am looking for is older.

Sadly I cannot provide any more information at all Sad
DOSBox <3
Looking for a simple dogfight game, it was for two players on the same computer, it was played in a window and from side view, you could only shoot in straight line, crossing a side of the field makes you or bullets appear from the opposite side.
Its a stick man game where you are killing other stick men and then you have to fight rabbits
@Aquatiger

Your game sounds a lot like Pathways Into Darkness, one of Bungie's first FPS games, but that one wasn't played online. Other than that, it matches very well - Pyramids, Inventory, going down into them for reasons which involve spoilers. Also, it's set in Central America, not that the inside of the pyramid looks much different.

Does this look familiar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathways_into_Darkness
Never give up!
So I had a look at the sites presented for my answer and sadly, none of these ring a bell.  Though they were nice efforts.

I'm more convinced now that the game I was thinking of isn't even online any more.