<- 1  -   of 38 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
destroy them with lazers
Heres all the games:
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1982) · Temple of Doom (arcade) (1985) · Revenge of the Ancients (1987) · Temple of Doom (NES) (1988) · Last Crusade (1990) · Fate of Atlantis (1992) · Young Indiana Jones (1992) · The Pinball Adventure (1993) · Greatest Adventures (1994) · Desktop Adventures (1996) · Infernal Machine (1999) · Emperor's Tomb (2003) · Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (2008) · Staff of Kings (2009) · Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (2009)
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Here's another one for PC. There were a series of these types of games. You play as a Detective and roam about solving a mystery using clues and finding out who the culprit was. One of the games was in a school, the culprits were robots made by a scientist and you had to take pictures of them when they appeared, then match up the clues to find which robot was the culprit, or something like that.
Quote from FlamingMage:
It was an Indiana Jones game, which you think would make it easy to google, but no. I also believe that I played it on a computer, roughly ten years ago. The graphics were (I THINK) not your typical side-on 2d view, they were more like pokemon - Isometric, I guess?

I can't really remember much, but I do recall that the whole point of the game was to collect various items (I'm sure his whip was one, you retrieved it from his house, and I think another one might have been like a jade statue?) which were then used in a metroid-esque fashion to advance to the next area.

I could be totally wrong on this, but I think that the order you had to collect the items changed each time, even though there locations did not.

I googled exhaustively for this and can find nothing.

Indiana Jones And His Desktop Adventures is the game. Prepare to be incredibly disappointed with the shallowness of the gameplay if you try replaying it, though (I was). Tongue
Quote from ExplodingCabbage:
Indiana Jones And His Desktop Adventures is the game. Prepare to be incredibly disappointed with the shallowness of the gameplay if you try replaying it, though (I was). Tongue

That's the one. Man these screenshots bring back memories.

Thanks everyone!
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from Axel Ryman:
Here's another one for PC. There were a series of these types of games. You play as a Detective and roam about solving a mystery using clues and finding out who the culprit was. One of the games was in a school, the culprits were robots made by a scientist and you had to take pictures of them when they appeared, then match up the clues to find which robot was the culprit, or something like that.

Super Solvers: Midnight Rescue

I loved this game as a kid.  Grin
Yeah I found it really early this morning. Strange though. I found an in-game screenshot, and it didn't look anything like it did when I played it. Like the graphics were...well...more NES like. They were almost SNES like when I played the game in the 5th grade. Hmm probably just me though.

And I found another game I played which I forgot about! Mortimer and the Mysterious Medallion. Should see if I can get that working just to try it again.
Mass Effect 2 can go suck balls.
A point and click PC adventure game, you played a detective in the city and something happened that you had to investigate and you wound up in roswell. It had like live action graphics. I think there were two in the series, the first was like 6 discs long and the second was like 10 or something.... thats about all i remember. Oh and it was like mid to late 90's when I played it.
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from TehRandom:
A point and click PC adventure game, you played a detective in the city and something happened that you had to investigate and you wound up in roswell. It had like live action graphics. I think there were two in the series, the first was like 6 discs long and the second was like 10 or something.... thats about all i remember. Oh and it was like mid to late 90's when I played it.

Nothing came up when I looked for a multi-disc game that included Roswell so I just listed all Point-n-Click adventure games from the 90s that where 4 discs or more, hopefully the game you are seeking is included in this list:
Gadget - Past and Future [1998 improved edition was 4 discs]
Under a Killing Moon [4 discs]
Wild World of Madison Jaxx [5 discs]
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within [6 discs]
Obsidian [5 discs]
The Pandora Detective [6 discs]
Phantasmagoria [7 discs]
Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle Of Flesh [5 discs]
Ripper [6 discs]
Timelapse: Ancient Civilizations... The Link To Atlantis [4 discs]
Urban Runner: Lost In Town [4 discs]
Riven: The Sequel To Myst [5 discs]
Black Dahlia [8 discs]
Dark Side of the Moon [6 discs]
The X-Files Game [7 discs]
Reah: Face the Unknown [6 discs]
Couple of games that I can't remember:

First one was for either Commodore 64 or the Commodore Amiga. It was a puzzle game where you started on a certain tile and had to finish on a certain tile by crossing all the other tiles along the way. When you stepped on a tile is would disappear so you had to plan out your route carefully so that you could step on all the tiles without ever getting stuck.

2nd one was for the Game Boy. I only ever had it on one of those dodgy "24 games in one" cartridges that I picked up on holiday in Spain. It was a 2D motorbike game that reminds me of a very early predecessor to games such as Trials HD on the Xbox arcade and Joe Danger on the PS3 store. I think the only aim was to complete the track within a certain time limit. There were different paths to take depending on the speed you were going. There were obstacles such as loop-the-loops and big ramps which you had to carefully navigate. From what I recall it was all black and while (or at least that greeny colour that you got on Game Boys). Basically the track was black and the background was white. Incredibly simple graphics but it was a lot of fun to play.
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from PotatoSalad11:
2nd one was for the Game Boy. I only ever had it on one of those dodgy "24 games in one" cartridges that I picked up on holiday in Spain. It was a 2D motorbike game that reminds me of a very early predecessor to games such as Trials HD on the Xbox arcade and Joe Danger on the PS3 store. I think the only aim was to complete the track within a certain time limit. There were different paths to take depending on the speed you were going. There were obstacles such as loop-the-loops and big ramps which you had to carefully navigate. From what I recall it was all black and while (or at least that greeny colour that you got on Game Boys). Basically the track was black and the background was white. Incredibly simple graphics but it was a lot of fun to play.

I'm pretty sure this would be Motocross Maniacs.

Never played the game but strangely enough I watched a gameplay video of it this morning.
Quote from Warepire:
I'm pretty sure this would be Motocross Maniacs.

Never played the game but strangely enough I watched a gameplay video of it this morning.

That's the one, thanks a lot.
The Running Failure
Here's one that i'm pretty vague on the details for, so i apologize in advance.

All i remember is that it was a robot game, like Transformers, though i'm not sure if that's it. One level was based in Antarctica i think, with a mini-boss being a jet robot. Another level took place out at sea during a thunderstorm. I can't exactly remember which console. I don't think it was PC, and it was definitely before the 360 came out, but sometime after the SNES.
Mass Effect 2 can go suck balls.
Quote from Warepire:
Quote from TehRandom:

Nothing came up when I looked for a multi-disc game that included Roswell so I just listed all Point-n-Click adventure games from the 90s that where 4 discs or more, hopefully the game you are seeking is included in this list:

Under a Killing Moon [4 discs]
The Pandora Detective [6 discs]

Thank you those are the two.
Willing to teach you the impossible
I remember the game rather well, and have an idea of the name, but cant seem to find it anywhere or online.

A PC game that I think it was called "Mother of All Battles." It was a turned based strat game that was very 2D. Almost like Civilization 1. I don't remember any of the units except the bomber planes that killed off cities in 1 shot. I think there was some sort of tec tree in order to get the proper units that you wanted.

I remember that game about the time I was playing "Castle of the Winds" for PC witch is a very old game as well but to me is still a blast.

Any help?
Quote from Heidman:
I remember the game rather well, and have an idea of the name, but cant seem to find it anywhere or online.

A PC game that I think it was called "Mother of All Battles." It was a turned based strat game that was very 2D. Almost like Civilization 1. I don't remember any of the units except the bomber planes that killed off cities in 1 shot. I think there was some sort of tec tree in order to get the proper units that you wanted.

I remember that game about the time I was playing "Castle of the Winds" for PC witch is a very old game as well but to me is still a blast.

Any help?

This?
http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/mother.html

It was the first result on Google when searching for Mother of All Battles...
destroy them with lazers
2 games came to mind today, no idea why but i kind of feel like playing through them again for nostalgic reasons. They where both on PC when I was a kid at school. BBC computers I think if that helps. One was a game where you went back in time I think to Aztec's and there was one to do with a Rainforest. They where point and click puzzle games I think.

Also another comes to mind. When I was even younger there was this nifty roman game where you walked round in a isometric view around roman dungeons. 
Quote from X:
They where both on PC when I was a kid at school. BBC computers I think if that helps.

Argh, these ring a bell, it's not "The Crystal Rainforest", is it? I also remember a Dinosaur one, and the Aztec one sounds familiar as well. I think these were on the Acorn Archimedes or A5000, we had one in primary school.
Are you from either Australia or the UK?
destroy them with lazers
crystal rainforest seems to sound familiar. yes im from the uk.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from PotatoSalad11:
Quote from Heidman:

Any help?

This?
http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/mother.html

It was the first result on Google when searching for Mother of All Battles...

*Sigh* ya that is it... Makes me feel bad that I googled it not to long ago and did not find anything.

Thanks for the help ^^
For DDR fans, I'm mainly looking for a specific song more than the game, but the game helps me with finding it(sorta). When I was a kid I saw someone playing DDR at an arcade and it showed the presidents(And I think a few dollar bills or something). Just need to know the song but whichever DDR game it is helps since I could just look up the video for every single one from the game.
Now a hit show on the CW
Where do you (did you) live, and how many years ago was "when you were a kid?" If you live in the US, it was most likely DDR USA, as this was the most common version found in US arcades for a long time, even after the DDR craze started picking up momentum. At any rate, it has a relatively short song list, so it probably wouldn't take too long to listen to all the songs on youtube. Based on your description, I'd guess that you're talking about Boom Boom Dollar (although that song's not in the USA mix), but I don't know for certain. Plus, background animations are frequently shared by multiple songs.
Nope wasn't that nor was it ones from the listing. It was at a place called Good Times in Somerville, MA. I think its been about 9-10 years?
Now a hit show on the CW
The arcade you mentioned isn't listed on ddrfreak, so they may no longer have any DDR machines (assuming they're still in business).

9-10 years ago doesn't limit it down much. It could be 3rd Mix/Plus, 4th Mix/Plus, 5th Mix, or even 6th Mix if it was late 2001. Can you describe the style of the song? Did it have lyrics? Techno/Pop/etc?

And you're absolutely certain it was DDR and not a similar game like Pump It Up?
No they closed down about 3 years ago. It sounded like it was techno. I barely heard it much since I was at another game machine with the sounds blasting into my ear. I'm sure it was DDR though. I just looked up Pump It Up and it seems they use Korean style music, but I doubt they'd show the US presidents on dollar bills for that(Then again it did come to the US so maybe). 2001-2002 sounds about right though.
Rookie DF reportin' f'dudy, sir.
I have two:

1. A game for N64, you took control of different animals. I remember a farm-like setting and an ice level of some sort. Been bothering me for the past few months =/

2. Game for PS1, I think it had the word "Bubble" in the name, I think it was the type of game where you shoot from the bottom and pop/blow up stuff on the top. There were different characters that you could choose from and I think it also had something to do with music. Pretty sure it was very colorful too.

Sorry for being so vague, but these memories were drawn out from the swamp that is my brain. >>