List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Jeff Feasel's run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
After doing a poor job of verifying the earlier Lolo run (accepting it when there were obvious, easy improvements) I decided to watch this one side-by-side with the TAS.

All things considered, the runner did an excellent job.  There were a few points where they sacrificed a bit of time for a less-risky strategy, especially later in the run, but nothing major(except maybe room 10-1, but that is late enough in the run to be okay).  There were also very few slipups, which likely cost under five seconds all combined.

Basically, while there is of course room for improvement, this run is definitely good enough to accept.

Quote:
Sorry about the delay, I went on vacation and sort of didn't get around to verifying.

There was no cheating, as far as I could tell.

This run has better routes than the previous version, and I have no complaints about any of them.  There are some movement errors starting around 8-2, but nothing major.  My verdict is a strong accept.

Quote:
To sum it up, I wish I was more impressed, but it's a solid run and acceptable.

I was surprised to see that you were able to achieve over thirty seconds improvement without using all the strats I suggested. There were a few levels that your execution wasn’t on par with your last submission, but some that were better.

If you used the 8-5 and 10-2 strats it would have saved another 5 or so seconds and you opted not to use them? Oh well, your run is 32 seconds faster and your submission text inaccuracies are fixed.

BTW: 6-1 your route now is correct for 94 steps but you chose to add 1 step for easier turning. It is now equal to your previous route (95 steps), however you execution is right on this time around.

Congrats!

Decision: Accept

Reason: The run is pretty close to the TAS.
Thread title:  
Awesome run (just like the other runs you have submitted). Also fun to read about the preparations leading up to the end result. I'm already looking forward to Deadly Towers !
Let us continue spamming the updates with runs for nes games !
difficult and stupidly random
Quote from ktwo:

Yes indeed!  NES is the second most well-represented console on this site -- trailing PS2 by only 5 games.  I've contributed River City Ransom -- that's 1 -- but we still need 5 more new games to bring NES to the top, where it deserves to be.  Get to work everybody!
Waiting hurts my soul...
NOOO!!!
Must work on more PS2 games... I-Ninja, Vexx, hmmm what else can I do... NES may win the battle, but the war is far from over. Wink

Or, maybe I should defect to the other side and do a run of Anticipation.  Cheesy

btw, great run.  Are you planning on updating the others or is this one to fill in the gaps?  I read Votava's Lolo III comments and am sad there are two time costing deaths in it.
Edit history:
andrewg: 2009-09-10 05:28:24 am
Hi! I'm andrewg!
Quote from feasel:
Quote from ktwo:

Yes indeed!  NES is the second most well-represented console on this site -- trailing PS2 by only 5 games.  I've contributed River City Ransom -- that's 1 -- but we still need 5 more new games to bring NES to the top, where it deserves to be.  Get to work everybody!

I should probably contribute some more myself. Soon enough NES will be back on top.  8) There are a few games I've really been avoiding to speedrun for some reason.
Is Bubble Bobble on the list of avoidance? xD
Mhm not cheating? Look exactly at 0:14:21. Lolo is on the grass and is not stopping there (watch his feet! He is stuck at the Skull!). The Skull would have beaten him, as he tried to run over to the chest. There's nothing about timing. That was a hack. Sorry for saying that.
There are also some weird things before, like the runs against "Don Medusa".
I played Lolo on NES several times. Sure, there are faster ways to compete against the monsters. But here: There was cheating.

greetz
Hmm... Lets just say your not going to make many friends here if you make such posts. More appropriate would be to ask, "Hey whats going on at 14:21, I didnt think that was possible." I would point you here (Third to last quote, under 7-5) There is absolutely no cheating in the Lolo run, I verified it.

If you frequent here more often you'll find there are plenty of WTF stratagies youve never seen that arent cheating.

BTW: Congrats on your boner of a first post.
difficult and stupidly random
Oh yeah.  Zugz has got my back. Smiley

Regarding skulls -- they only hurt you if they run into you (not if you run into them).  Something that was not apparent to me on my first submission until it was helpfully pointed out.

Regarding Don Medusas -- they only shoot if you occupy precisely the same row or column, down to the pixel level of granularity.  And they won't shoot if you are even barely occluded by a block/rock/heart/etc.  More surprisingly, they won't shoot if you overlap with a heart. (Though, strangely, if you're hanging off the heart in the same direction as the medusa/donmedusa, you will only be protected if you're on the the north or west side.  You can try it out yourself in room 8-4.)

Zugzwang is right that there is a lot of stuff on this site that just doesn't seem possible.  And that is precisely the fun of it.