Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Jeff Cohen's 8-star time attack run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
What's with all the fighting games all of a sudden?  What the H?  thumbsup

Let's see if I'm able to do this now that I've slept.  Was up too late for New Years getting Crunk with Knuckles....

So here we go...
Audio/visual/no cheating, all this stuff is bueno.

The runner plays with what appears to be a golden cheese grater.  No comment.

Stage 1 - Downright perfect.
Stage 2 - Other than Jun jumping out of the combo once, perfect again
Stage 3 - Karas fought back a little, but wasn't even close to being anything counter'ish
Stage 4 - The P90X workout machine can't hang
Stage 5 - Oh crap, the computer was actually blocking
Stage 6 - More carnage
Stage 7 - No Zero, noooooooooooooo
Stage 8 - This fool's chromed out, but still dies in about 11 seconds

This run was pretty brutal, downright unfair.  But we wouldn't have it an other way.  Speed is key.

ACCEPT, as we continue to swell the SDA fighting game ranks.

Quote:
Well well... it seems that my wish got granted...  I didn't think that another fighting speed run would be submitted so soon, and yet here we are with Tatsunoko vs Capcom...  Today the runner decides to forsake the 2v2 style fighting and just go with everyone's favorite giant golden robot, Gold Lightan:  a tiny gold Zippo-style lighter who, when called upon,transforms into a giant robot towering at 30 meters and weighing 200 tons...  So basically, yes, he (and the awesome PTX-40A) can easily be considered mini-bosses since they fight solo, take up a quarter of the screen, and can deal damage much more severely...  Of course when you compare the two, PTX relys a bit too much on its special moves, whereas Gold Lightan can pretty much own you with his close range attacks...  Something general to say about the run, besides one or two parts where you see clip damage, I never saw the runner get hit once, yet there are no perfects (besides against PTX-40A) since he intentionally hurts himself to perform the Baroque maneuver... Truly, this was a slaughterfest...

Stage 1)  The first stage sets the mood of what exactly we are in store for... Yatterman-2 goes down in about 10 seconds and Roll dies in 8 seconds... The poor enemies couldn't do anything besides roll over and die...

Stage 2) Jun the sean destroyed in 13 seconds and Ryu (after punching the runner twice) got obliterated in 6 seconds...

Stage 3) Casshan got in three hit before getting killed in about 15 seconds while Karas actually got four hits before biting it in 11 seconds...

Stage 4) PTX-40A sets the mood for a giant robot fight... Too bad it gets dismantled in about 17 seconds and not even getting one hit...  I guess that's what you get for not focusing on close range attacking...

Stage 5) The runner stated that there were three people he wanted to avoid during the speed run, Polimar, Alex, and Tekkaman because they can block attacks...  He gets a bad draw as Alex, and Tekkaman are grouped against him...  Tekkaman, while causing a few problems for the runner, is dealt with in 18 seconds, while Alex is actually defeated in 6 seconds...  Seeing how the runner used mega crush twice before Alex appeared showed that the runner didn't want to mess around, although this was the first time I noticed the runner resort to that tactic, since all the other times, he just crushed once, or used the double mega crush as a means to continue a combo...

Stage 6: Doronjo is taken down in 12 seconds and morrigan is comboed to death in 6 seconds... enough said...

Stage 7:  Zero is demolished in 11 seconds and ippatsuman falls victim in 9 seconds...  Too bad that the runner dropped ippatsuman during the end...  once you get caught in the runner's combo, you are pretty much a dead man...

Stage 8: Final stage and it is against his worst adversary... Himself in silver!  Seeing how the runner is fighting himself, he has to take a different approach to defeating his clone by doing combos that at times seem to miss more often then not, but after 20 seconds, he conquers his sliver counterpart and the run's final time is shown at 3:04:68...

Overall, there were no survivors...  This pretty much proves that if you are stupid enough to against a giant robot, you pretty much signed your death will...  that and also shows that the runner is very scary considering he also decimated the run while it was on the highest difficulty...  Is under three minutes possible?  I'm sure it is, but for right now the runner did what he needed to do...  Showing the world that fighting people with giant robots is the cheapest thing you can do in a fighting game (SENTINEL!!!)

Accept...

Quote:
sorry it took me so long to respond
A/V is fine
Overall, good strategy, well played, and good AI luck
Accept

He has a very good strategy, Lightan has the best damage output, he has a very solid reset loop and he purposely hurts himself to power up his attacks when he has the meter for mega crush.
I can't think of anything that might be faster, I mean he did over 55 billion damage in one combo.
I terms of execution, it could be about 17 seconds faster, most of that is due to the opponent blocking, and him whiffing attacks but each time he recovered very well.
Keep in mind that taking a little longer to kill the first character will give him extra meter to kill the second character faster like in the Tekkaman/Alex fight, Tekkaman/Alex both have the highest non-giant hp but he kills Alex fastest.
Low points are the Karas fight ( he has the lowest hp in the game but didn't feel like getting hit ), and the last fight ( does an air hard attack instead of a ground one and gets an attack blocked causing him to be launched too high.

Decision: Accept

Reason: The one thing Golden Lightan is good for, time attack.
Thread title: