Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Mark Peebles, Michael Dix, Marcus Dix

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Verifier: Tales of Vesperia - Finished.
Verifier: It's late, so verification synopsis: Audio's fine.  Video held up the entire time (Though I have to ask why we don't crop the videos to Widescreen instead of the forced 4:3 with bars on the top and bottom of the screen).  The quality of play was exceptional in the odd encounters they actually got a chance to kill something (And I hope they do what the Symphonia crew did and post the battles in a separate video - They really were a treat to watch), movement was pretty well optimized throughout as well, barring only a handful of incidents (Of which only one was truly noticeable).
Verifier: This run also reminded me why I gave up on ever running Vesperia for the meager achievement to go with it.  Frickin' agonizing, drawn out cutscenes. 
[18:14] mikwuyma: great
Verifier: Oh hey.  I -do- want to go through and confirm the gold/time matches up across all the segments first before I give the A-OK.  Even though he's on a maxed Save File as it is so there's not much they can sneak in, it's still something I need to do.
Verifier: Bah.  Forgot to tell you - I Went through all 43.  I realized about halfway through that it's not like he can actually do any farming or anything between segments to benefit anyway as his characters are certainly maxed out and equipped with the best stuff for a run like this, but...
Verifier: Well, screw it.  I did it anyway.  Throw it up there.

Quote:
This run was verified using Windows Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0

Run continuity is present throughout.

No cheating detected.

Audio and video quality is acceptable, with no noticeable audio/video sync issues.

The save file times were a little hard to read, so I used the real calendar time to track continuity.

Start save time: 182:03 (obviously, obtained from the initial time of the save file used to load into the Ex New Game)

End save time: 189:39 (obtained from final save after ending credits)

This would put the final time at 7:36:xx. If someone could confirm this, that would be great.

Segment 1:
Nothing special going on here, everything was done optimally. Yuri's attacks could've been set up ever so slightly faster, but it's not a big deal. The only battle in this segment goes perfectly.

Segment 2:
All 4 battles in this segment done perfectly. Travel throughout the segment was optimal. I think using the Holy Bottle could've waited until accessing the menu the second time to equip Yuri's skills, it would've saved a few seconds from

not having to access the menu twice, although I'm not sure the Holy Bottle was even necessary at this time. Ultimately, not a big deal though.

Segment 3:
No battles. Travel was optimal.

Segment 4:
For a segment that is dedicated to nothing but equipping skills and abilities, the actual equipping really could've been faster. The page up/down feature could have been used to save several seconds from the overall time in equipping the

abilities especially. Not much else to say, I feel it should've been redone, more for aesthetic reasons.

Segment 5:
The one battle in this segment was done very efficiently. I would consider using a faster move that does more damage in a single hit than Shining Dragon Swarm to take care of the Egg Bear, if possible. It died last, so a second or two

might be possible to shave off here. Final Gale comes to mind, especially with its range and the relative slow speed of the Egg Bear. This, of course, is my perfectionist self speaking, it was all done very well.

Segment 6:
Four battles in all. The first two were perfect. I wonder if using something like Final Gale would be a second or two faster against the golem, as well as in the Tweedle A and B fight to kill Boccos instead of running up to him and using

Dhaos Blast a second time. These are minor at best though, the fights were all done very well. Travel was near perfect as usual.

Segment 7:
The Gattuso battle was flawless. Also, again, the Holy Bottle and the skill set ups really should have been consolidated into a single menu trip. I know this may be construed as nitpicking, but in a segmented run especially, I feel it's

really important to do all menu management perfectly, since you have much more freedom to try it again. It's only a few seconds lost overall, and over this long a run, not such a huge deal, but it still looks a bit sloppy. The other two

fights in this segment are also flawless. Not much else to say.

Segment 8:
Five battles in this segment. The first four were done flawlessly, but again, I wonder if using a long range attack from Yuri would've ended the Zagi fight faster. Everything else was great.

Segment 9:
Three battles in all, all done flawlessly. Other than a minor mistake in running into a monster, everything else was fine too.

Segment 10:
Surely the Tweedle A and B fight could have been done more efficiently. At the very least, the third Dhaos Blast could've been aimed to hit them both via free run, thus saving a few seconds by not needing to use the fourth one. The next

two battles were flawless. The fourth battle probably could've been faster as well. I wonder if Repede running after the enemy at the back while Yuri takes care of the two in the front would have been faster? Otherwise, Yuri also could

have used a long range attack to take care of him. Other than a slight travelling gaffe while exiting Dahngrest, the rest seems fine. At this point, I also wonder if it would have been prudent to have sold the excess items in the

inventory in an earlier segment in order to have much quicker access to Holy Bottles. At the very least, there was a store in Heliord's inn that was passed by where this could have been done. Overall, this segment could have been

slightly improved.

Segment 11:
The battle in Keiv Moc was quite good, but I wonder as always if using a faster move that deals about as much damage in a single hit or a long range move from Yuri would have ended it slightly faster. The battle on top of Ghasfarost was

very nice. The rest of the segment, other than a couple very minor movement gaffes and a missed Sorcerer's Ring shot, was done very well.

Segment 12:
Did you try Overlimit Tidal Wave spam for Barbos? Or did that activate the secret mission? Either way, not a bad job for not using magic at all. And.. queue awesome overworld music! The rest of the segment is fine.

Segment 13:
Flawless segment. The only battle was done very well.

Segment 14:
Not much to say, it's a good segment.

Segment 15:
Not much to say, again. The ghost ship battle was very nice.

Segment 16:
Nice job overall in the Colliseum. Obviously, if it could be afforded, OL Destruction Field spam would have ended the Zagi fight a bit quicker. At the same time, I think Destruction Field spam would've been faster even without OL. Those

hits for 1500 or so don't match DF's 7000+. Maybe a few seconds could be saved here. Also, there was a minor movement gaffe a bit later on that costs about a second. Otherwise, a good segment.

Segment 17:
Three battles, all done very nicely. Other than a minor gaffe at the save point, everything is great.

Segment 18:
Rita's attacks could've been set up a little more efficiently. Otherwise, a good segment. Rita's Tidal Wave spam is first featured here, and makes short work of the boss.

Segment 19:
The only battle in this segment is pretty much flawless. Otherwise, it's a good segment.

Segment 20:
Another two battles in this segment, both done very well (I assume Tidal Wave spam was tested to be faster than just killing her with normal attacks, despite the secret mission being completed?). Other than a very minor movement gaffe in

Nordopolica, another flawless segment.

Segment 21:
Three battles, all done well. Other than some really bad luck crossing the bridge back to Nordopolica, everything was good.

Segment 22:
Having to fight the three battles here sucks, but there's nothing that can be done about it. They were all done pretty well.

Segment 23:
The single battle was awesome. The rest of the segment was good.

Segment 24:
Lots of action, with four battles, with some nice luck in the third battle with the two knights moving close together for a double kill. Pretty solid overall.

Segment 25:
By this point, not having gotten rid of the extra items in the inventory has surely led to a net time loss when using Holy Bottles. I like how you didn't refresh the Holy Bottle near the end there. One battle, and it was good. Good

segment.

Segment 26:
Good. Just to settle a potential problem here, that block around 11:18 really is a pain in the ass to get in the correct position to move it. I had my fair share of frustrations with it playing this game. It was also really unfortunate

that you were maybe a second too late on the second barrier. That cost at least 4-5 seconds, however, I don't believe it is your fault. Tough luck on the third barrier too. Oh well, you can't control everything unfortunately. Did you try

to get rid of the last barrier without moving the block at the bottom? I believe you could move the block after sending the lift up, saving a few seconds.

Segment 27:
Great job on Zagi. The segment is pretty good overall.

Segment 28:
I'm not sure if Meteor Swarm is the most efficient way to kill the boss, but anything faster would only be a few seconds faster at best. Otherwise, good.

Segment 29:
Good.

Segment 30:
Both Estelle fights are excellent. Other than a bit of a gaffe when talking to Raven, everything is fine.

Segment 31:
A slight movement gaffe and a missed Sorcerer's Ring shot right after. Almost forgot the Red Orb too, AND overshot the save point. Tongue I would have tried again, but oh well. The Yeager fight was good. The other two battles were fine, but

it almost felt like the battle with the knights took a bit longer than it could have. Yeah, I really would have redone this segment, but the mistakes didn't cost more than 5-8 seconds at most, it just doesn't look that good.

Segment 32:
Alexei, to say the very least, gets wtfpwned big time. Other than a slight movement gaffe when leaving Yuri's house the first time, the segment is good.

Segment 33:
Good. Couple close calls on the mini game.

Segment 34:
Getting knocked back by the Overlimit in the Breaker battle kinda sucked. If it absolutely had to happen, it would've been better to have only one character knocked back. It was still a good battle though. Otherwise, good segment.

Segment 35:
At first I thought what happened at the beginning of the segment was forgetting to use a Holy Bottle and then moving backwards in panic. Afterwards, I realized that it was to move the enemy away. It looked like you could've squeezed

through, but I wouldn't hold that against you.

Segment 36:
Khroma battle was good. I assume the hesitation at the beginning was due to a possible Overlimit used by her.

Segment 37:
Another use of luring an enemy away from a blocked area to save some time, however, getting into the first battle looked unnecessary, as there seemed to be space under it to get through with a Holy Bottle equipped, so it likely made no

difference. I assume this is why the place was split into three segments?

Segment 38:
Good.

Segment 39:
During the gauntlet fight, I'm kinda confused why you just had Yuri stand there spamming Azure Edge non-OL against the final enemy. Otherwise, good.

Segment 40:
Alright, I believe going south east from Nordopolica to Dahngrest, and then north east back to Aurnion appears to be faster than the route used by the runner. However, if this is true, it's only a second or two lost at most, so not a

huge deal. The Flynn fight was good.

Segment 41:
A minor movement gaffe in an otherwise good segment. The soccer ball puzzle was done nicely.

Segment 42:
Nice fight against Zagi. Good overall, other than some minor trouble getting to one of the Sorcerer's Ring pillars.

Segment 43:
Good.

Overall, I felt the play quality was quite good. However, I would expect a little more polish from a segmented New Game Plus run that amounts to little more than getting through the storyline points and pounding bosses into oblivion.

There were quite a few minor mistakes and suboptimal segments that could've been improved with only a little more practice and a couple more retries at most. I'll be looking forward to the comments from the runners, however, as I do

indeed ACCEPT this run, as the mistakes that ARE made only amount to 1.5 to 2 minutes of lost time at worst, and that's probably a stretch. There is no way I can justify rejecting a run of this length for potentially only 1 to 2 minutes

of mistakes.

Quote:
General comments:
Great run, very fast battles, very few errors. Couldn't see any glitches used or cheating. Deathless.

Detailed comments:
Segment 1: Start of game -> Zaphias Castle Prison

Segment 2: Zaphias Castle Prison -> World Map outside Zaphias
- What's the point of trying to open the menu when he can't at the start of the video?
- Rat battle could have been a second or so faster I guess if he didn't stop once while running towards them.

Segment 3: World Map outside Zaphias -> World Map outside Halure

Segment 4: World Map outside Halure -> World Map outside Halure
- This segment consists entirely of equipping Karol and Repede with Artes, Equipment and Skills.

Segment 5: World Map outside Halure -> World Map outside Aspio after getting Rita
- Nice Eggbear battle.

Segment 6: World Map outside Aspio after getting Rita -> Ehmead Hill before Gattuso
- Small menu messup when trying to use a Holy Bottle at 9:30, a second lost.

Segment 7: Ehmead Hill before Gattuso -> Outside Capua Nor after defeating Rhybgaro
- Gattuso ownage.

Segment 8: Outside Capua Nor after defeating Rhybgaro -> Outside Capua Torim
- YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME!?! GO AHEAD!! *dead*

Segment 9: Outside Capua Torim -> Caer Bocram after boss
- I wonder if it wouldn't be faster to lure the enemy away using a Dark Bottle at 3:25. Probably not, but worth testing I guess.
- A second or half lost running into the enemy at 5:33.
- It's most likely possible to enter the password at 6:50 using a USB keyboard, considering the X360 dashboard is used for the entry; however, I haven't tried it myself. Would shave off a few seconds.
- Yuri uses a weapon which's element the boss is resistant to in this battle; however, since you can't actually kill it until Rita appears anyway no time is lost, since that is time-fixed and they manage to get the boss down to 1 HP before Rita shows up.

Segment 10: Caer Bocram after boss -> Keiv Moc before boss
- I wonder if the battle at 17:00 could be faster...

Segment 11: Keiv Mov before boss -> Ghasfarost before Barbos
- Three Dhaos Blasts at the 8-iditots-battle?
- Ran against stuff a few times while going up in the tower. Also missed once with the Sorcerer's Ring. Which is fine, since that area is really annoying and stuff and he loses a few seconds total only, but yeah.

Segment 12: Ghasfarost before Barbos -> Outside Heliord before Guard Seducing sequence

Segment 13: Outside Heliord before Guard Seducing sequence -> Outside Heliord after Yeager
- Judith's scene for guard seducing, Karol's scene for dressing up as guard? Is that really the fastest combination? I kinda recall recording every possible scene and I think that Estelle/Yuri was faster by a second each...

Segment 14: Outside Heliord after Yeager -> Atherum entrance
- Getting a party-battle-end-quote (8:47, "Resound, the cry of victory!") you never had before costs time since the game forces you to watch it, you could probably luck-manipulate it into giving you one you already had before (though I'm not sure if any would be available with his party, considering how few non-fixed-battlequotes battles are fought) or at least a shorter one.

Segment 15: Atherum entrance -> Nordopolica before Regaey request

Segment 16: Nordopolica before Regaey request -> Outside Nordopolica after Coliseum
- yess running against wall for two seconds near 7:08

Segment 17: Outside Nordopolica after Coliseum -> Mantaic after talking to everyone

Segment 18: Mantaic after talking to everyone -> Outside Yormgen
- I have no idea what the best route through the desert is, so I'm just gonna assume theirs is.

Segment 19: Outside Yormgen -> Outside Nordopolica before Belius

Segment 20: Outside Nordopolica before Belius -> Outside Manor of the Wicked
- Great Belius battle.

Segment 21: Outside Manor of the Wicked -> Before Mt. Temza
- You can win these minor assassins battles significantly quicker with Dhaos Blast if you're lucky IIRC; even if it means changing equipment twice, you'd probably be faster that way.

Segment 22: Before Mt. Temza -> Before Nan/Tison boss
- Mass random path-blocking enemies.

Segment 23: Before Nan/Tison boss -> Outside Egathor Forest
- Pressing the right stick on the world map will center the camera to show exactly north, making it easier to navigate when the big map is open. His route to the forest didn't seem to be entirely straight, so I bet that would help.

Segment 24: Outside Egathor Forest -> Outside Yormgen after Myorzo

Segment 25: Outside Yormgen after Myorzo -> Baction before Schwann

Segment 26: Baction before Schwann -> Heracles before Zagi
- This kinda doesn't belong in this segment but I was just thinking of it cause he misselected the Holy Bottle twice lately. Ideally, the Holy Bottle would be the first item on the second page, which means you can open the item menu, press R-Stick down once to hover above it, and select it with A. Probably shaves off quite a few seconds over the full run. Having the Holy Bottle as the only item doesn't work, as you automatically get a bunch of Apple Gels and stuff near the beginning of the game, which are ordered before the Holy Bottle.

Segment 27: Heracles before Zagi -> Zopheir before boss

Segment 28: Zopheir before boss -> Outside mass Aer'd Zaphias

Segment 29: Outside mass Aer'd Zaphias -> Sword Stair

Segment 30: Sword Stair -> Zaude before Yeager
- Second Estelle battle is probably faster by going OVL 1 -> Destruction Field spam. Of course, he had no Overlimit level left at that point, but still, technically...

Segment 31: Zaude before Yeager -> Zaude before Alexei

Segment 32: Zaude before Alexei -> Outside Aspio after getting Rita back
- I really wish I could comment more on the boss battles, but they're all over way too fast. They have got great strategy when going for speed, for sure, but it's not all that interesting really. Rita goes Overlimit, spams Tidal Wave and the rest goes Rambo with their artes.

Segment 33: Outside Aspio after getting Rita back -> Outside Zopheir after getting Undine

Segment 34: Outside Zopheir after getting Undine -> Relewiese Hollow Middle

Segment 35: Relewiese Hollow Middle -> Relewiese Hollow Bottom before Khroma
- Aww, come on, you bother with luring away one of the path-blocking enemies but not the other? I mean the battle was ridiculously fast anyway, but still...

Segment 36: Relewiese Hollow Bottom before Khroma -> Relewiese Hollow Bottom after Khroma

Segment 37: Relewiese Hollow Bottom after Khroma -> Outside Eralumen Crystallands
- ...Why bother evading a path-blocking enemy when you run into an avoidable one in the process? Next time bring a few Dark Bottles. <__<

Segment 38: Outside Eralumen Crystallands -> Outside Capua Nor before Aspio's destruction

Segment 39: Outside Capua Nor before Aspio's destruction -> Outside Aurnion after mass-enemy-battle
- Uuuh couldn't that last enemy be Fatal Strike'd? Oh well.

Segment 40: Outside Aurnion after mass-enemy-battle -> Aurnion after Flynn battle
- Since it IS possible to lose the Flynn fight and still continue normally, I wonder if it isn't faster to switch the difficutly to Unknown and suicide?

Segment 41: Aurnion after Flynn battle -> Tarquaron before Zagi

Segment 42: Tarquaron before Zagi -> Before final boss
- There's a terrible sound, uh, "glitch" at the end of this video, after he saves. Might want to cut that out.

Segment 43: Before final boss -> End of game
- Nice final boss battle.

Quote:
O how I love watching co-op speed runs and this was a great run to watch… I didn't see any cheating, and the video quality was good…

I can tell that each section was well thought out and all the boss fight went off without any problems, but considering that this was a NG+ run /w 10x exp, it would have been awkward to see the run in into issues…  Also excellent use of Rita’s Tidal wave overlimit to help juggle the enemy while the rest join in and take out the bosses…

I like to think of this run as the “How to get the ‘Speedster’ Achievement” The only bad thing that can be said
about the run is how most of the dialog can’t be skipped entirely… I know that was something that bugged me when I played this game, but overall great run… I say Accept…
Best of luck if your planning to go for the New Game run…

Decision: Accept

Reason: Multiplayer runs are always great.
Thread title:  
Holy Bottles:

I still think it would be faster to just sell off all that other crap he gets in his inventory. I didn't think you could re-order items in your inventory (never had a reason to), but if you could, that would be great too. Either way, yeah.. having to scroll to the Holy Bottle every time was unnecessary for sure.

Flynn fight:

Even if he sets it to Unknown, I don't think Flynn does enough damage per second to make it faster than killing him, unless he kills him in one combo (which would likely require unequipping armor, and reequipping it afterwards, which is just useless). It's worth a test though.

But yeah, looks like all the verifiers seemed to have more or less the same thoughts with this run. I certainly enjoyed verifying it, and hope that maybe a perfection attempt could be made in the future to shave off the last couple of minutes that can be shaved off.

What does everyone else think of the segments that had menu management? I'm 99% sure you can scroll through the ability menus with the R-stick.

But above all, I'm glad to see this run is finally up! Great job guys, and I really hope to see the NG run.
1-Up!
I'll let Mark comment more thoroughly,  but @ Verifier 3, with regards to segment 2, that isn't just any attempt at menu opening... that is the first verse of the Texas A&M war hymn!  Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck!

lol anyway thanks to the verifiers for taking the time.  I don't necessarily agree with some of what you all said, but I'll let Mark have his say first.
Verifier #2:
I really don't think selling off the holy bottles would make it faster because you would have to keep selling them off due to keep picking up new items. Going into the shop menu and selling it off would take time, but I didn't test it so I don't know.

The page up / page down thing might have been faster but you would have to consider the artes that are on the same page and the fact that I would probably have only used it once or twice maby.

As for using Final Gale on some of the enemies. I set up my combos mainly for the bosses and not for the small battles.

Verifier #3:
You can't use a Dark Bottle and then use a Holy Bottle, you must wait for the Dark Bottle to go away or use the Dark Bottle and then save and then reload for it to disappear.

@ all Verifiers:
I could go through all of your comments are write something about all of them, but I'm not going to. I plan on doing Audio with the "Symphonia Group" so I can explain more there.

Michael did control 2 characters (didn't get mentioned by anyone, so I feel I must)
No Marcus is not the MVP, I am --> inb4Marcus
and yes I am Awesome.
Survive
Whatever, I was the MVP.  Wink

The run was fun, I'm glad we finished this one. Now if I could just get my ass in gear and finish the symphonia 2 run, then I can successfully get another Tales run on the site!

Oh, and about the Audio commentary. I'm 90% sure we're going to be able to come down and do that. It'll be awesome.

And to the Verifiers: I agreed with most of what you said, but as verifier #2 said, it really only adds up to about 2 minutes lost, and with a run this long, that is pretty negligible. Sure, we could have gone back and redone EVERY little mistake, but we were pressed for time, and we would get pretty irritable after so many mistakes, that we would just take the best out of all the videos.

Oh, and to Verifier #1, we ARE the Symphonia crew. Well, minus Tyler. But same difference.  Wink
My feelings on The Demon Rush
BTW, do you guys want your nicknames posted with your real names, like the Symphonia run?
Quote:
BTW, do you guys want your nicknames posted with your real names, like the Symphonia run?

Yes
Quote from mpeebs97:
Verifier #2:
I really don't think selling off the holy bottles would make it faster because you would have to keep selling them off due to keep picking up new items. Going into the shop menu and selling it off would take time, but I didn't test it so I don't know.

The page up / page down thing might have been faster but you would have to consider the artes that are on the same page and the fact that I would probably have only used it once or twice maby.

As for using Final Gale on some of the enemies. I set up my combos mainly for the bosses and not for the small battles.

Verifier #3:
You can't use a Dark Bottle and then use a Holy Bottle, you must wait for the Dark Bottle to go away or use the Dark Bottle and then save and then reload for it to disappear.

@ all Verifiers:
I could go through all of your comments are write something about all of them, but I'm not going to. I plan on doing Audio with the "Symphonia Group" so I can explain more there.

Michael did control 2 characters (didn't get mentioned by anyone, so I feel I must)
No Marcus is not the MVP, I am --> inb4Marcus
and yes I am Awesome.

It was very well done so I'm not complaining. How often did you get more items? As far as I am aware, the only times you guys picked up tools was at the beginning of the game, no? I don't remember enough about getting those insignificant items to remember how many were acquired, but if you sold everything that you got in Zaphias off, it would save some time if you didn't pick up any other tools.

Fair enough on the skills part. You did use all the buttons, though, right? If I remember right, you only used like 2 or 3 different Artes on bosses, and the game allows for 6 attacks. But hey, I'm not the expert here. I've only beaten the game 3 times I think. If using different skills to make the random battles go faster wouldnt've saved time, that's fine. I trust you tested every angle.

As far as the menu segments, my only real issue with it was that this was a new game plus run, and I would expect a bit more polish than that all things considered. However, like you pointed out, the "mistakes" didn't amount to very much time. It was still a great run, and if you guys do plan on audio commentary, I would very much love to hear it.

I guess which verifier I am should be obvious by now. Tongue
Survive
Quote from Eternalspirit:
It was very well done so I'm not complaining. How often did you get more items? As far as I am aware, the only times you guys picked up tools was at the beginning of the game, no? I don't remember enough about getting those insignificant items to remember how many were acquired, but if you sold everything that you got in Zaphias off, it would save some time if you didn't pick up any other tools.

After every battle, we skip everything by mashing the b button, so you don't actually see when we get level ups, skills, and the sort. It also means that we usually fly by that screen so fast that you don't see that we actually pick up more items after pretty much every battle. So after most battles, we had to find out where the holy bottle was again. But, since we didn't test it(rather, didn't really think about it) I don't know how much faster selling the items would have been. I don't believe we actually ever go to any shop past Halure, so we would have to go out of the way to get to one, where we have to sell a multitude of items, when we can just as easily just figure out where the holy bottle will be positioned every time. I time difference is probably negligible, after it's all said and done.
Quote from DaBlueDragoon:
Quote from Eternalspirit:

After every battle, we skip everything by mashing the b button, so you don't actually see when we get level ups, skills, and the sort. It also means that we usually fly by that screen so fast that you don't see that we actually pick up more items after pretty much every battle. So after most battles, we had to find out where the holy bottle was again. But, since we didn't test it(rather, didn't really think about it) I don't know how much faster selling the items would have been. I don't believe we actually ever go to any shop past Halure, so we would have to go out of the way to get to one, where we have to sell a multitude of items, when we can just as easily just figure out where the holy bottle will be positioned every time. I time difference is probably negligible, after it's all said and done.

If you did indeed acquire more items after the fact (honestly, I just wasn't paying attention to that part), then I suppose that comment is moot. Maybe worth looking at if a future attempt is made. I don't remember ever actually seeing the amount of Tools increase.
Quote:
I don't remember ever actually seeing the amount of Tools increase.

The number of items throughout the game definitely increased. Just look at the holy bottles I used. I remember having to "free ball" everytime we got into a battle and then had to use a holy bottle.
Quote from mpeebs97:
Quote:
I don't remember ever actually seeing the amount of Tools increase.

The number of items throughout the game definitely increased. Just look at the holy bottles I used. I remember having to "free ball" everytime we got into a battle and then had to use a holy bottle.

Alright, fair enough. Anyway, most of my concerns have more to do with aesthetics and perfection (it IS a new game plus run, is there any other reason to do a NG+ run than to get the shortest possible time?), so ultimately, as far as time lost from things not being done optimally, it really is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.