List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Tristan 'Serial Gamer' Languebien's single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Run looks good, A/V quality is high, play quality equally so.

I'd say it looks like there's maybe 5 seconds of hesitations in the whole thing, which is fine, especially as some of them are followed by (thus far) unavoidable waits. Unless its possible to improve level 5 by reaching the elevator a cycle earlier (pretty unlikely, but maybe), there's not much anyone else could do to improve it that I can see.

I make it to be 6:08, and I doubt sub-6 is possible, so I heartily say Accept.

Quote:
Video/Audio/Cheating/etc: Absolutely fine, no problems.

Run:

Level 1: Not really much I can say about it, not the hardest or most complex level.

Level 2: Great skip, I didn't realise you could actually land on the ledge while it's right at the top, very good.

Level 3: Well executed, but when you're on the kind of multi-level structure, you stop and take a run up before jumping. You can do this without the runup, and just carry on straight through

Level 4: Again, excellent skip of the building. My only gripe with this level is how far you go for the wall bouncing at the end. You can just stay near the edge of the building, and you'll get to the level trigger much quicker.

Level 5: I'd say that after landing on the structure, just before your jump up to the first checkpoint, it's better to pause for a moment, so the inertia of the character is lost, so you can far more easily position yourself after the jump. Other than that, I don't think there is much else to expect from the run, since most of it is on a timer from the elevator

Level 6: Nothing I can say, everything's on the timer until the skip, so I doubt it's possible to really improve.

Level 7: Great skip, I didn't realise that was possible.

Level 8: Can't help but think it might be faster to walk along the pole at the beginning, but either way, even if it isn't, it'd be a small time difference. I'd point out the negative of pausing before the giant jump onto the building you climb up, but I know how hard that skip is, so I'm just going to say well done on getting it

Level 9: ...Brilliant. I can't think of a single improvement.

Overall: Excellent run, a couple of small improvements possible, but very solid and with some excellent and difficult skips.

Verdict: Accept.

Timing: Part-way through the paint haze of each loading screen, the level appears, and I believe you have control as it is loading. Counting from the frame where this appears on every level, and stopping when the gun disappears (3 frames after the end level blod disappears), my timing gives a total time of:

Level 1: 322 frames
Level 2: 558 frames
Level 3: 1136 frames
Level 4: 1729 frames
Level 5: 2761 frames
Level 6: 1867 frames
Level 7: 855 frames
Level 8: 1543 frames
Level 9: 5827 frames
Total: 16,598 frames, 50fps, 331.96s, 5:31, or 5:32 if you want to round it up.

Quote:
Audio is good. The video was encoded in DivX though, doesn't really matter for the verification but for final submission it should be changed Wink

There's a method in the second level where you can immediately get over the fence after grabbing the green can, then you can get to the exit a little bit quicker.

Every other shortcut was pulled off nicely, good job.

Accepted

Decision: Accept

Reason: There might be no zombies in this speedrun, but it's a fine speedrun nonetheless.
Thread title:  
Welcome to the Future !
Thanks for accepting this run guys !