Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SystemShock.html

System Shock: Enhanced edition () () [Any %] [Single Segment] [Default] [Deaths]

Decision: Accept

Reason: Option 'B' it is then

Congratulations to 'PvtCb'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

System Shock (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Normal]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/SystemShock-20170430/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Might be magic...
I've been following this run for a long time now and this is another solid improvement. It makes good use of all the tricks, has a very optimised route and has pretty good execution with a nice added dose of luck. Very good timing with most of the save clips.

Enhanced Edition improves the run speed a huge amount, with the mouselook being a big help. I think this should probably be a separate game listing, as the added mouselook makes the controls vastly different between original and enhanced editions.

No cheating detected. Accept.
Different control schemes can be a reason for two categories, but with the enhanced edition being out, is there any reason to play the original version? It just sounds like an inferior version and it's on the same platform.

Even if there are two categories, the new run uses so many new tricks and time savers that it should still obsolete the current run, right? The difference seems at least to be far bigger than any control differences can account for.
This is not the giant
The new tricks are mostly possible because of mouselook
This is not the giant
I'd also like to say that for 20 years the way to play the game was without mouselook. There's a lot of history for the game on systemshock.org and I'd like to honor that
Quote from PvtCb:

When I'm looking at the leaderboard, there is one player with almost the same time on both versions (around 17 minutes). Is the time on the classic edition wrongly reported then?

Quote from PvtCb:
I'd also like to say that for 20 years the way to play the game was without mouselook. There's a lot of history for the game on systemshock.org and I'd like to honor that

And how do you suggest that is best done?
a. The new run doesn't obsolete the current one.
b. The new run obsoletes the current run, but there is still room for both categories to co-exist should a new run be submitted for the classic edition.
This is not the giant
Quote from ktwo:
Quote from PvtCb:

When I'm looking at the leaderboard, there is one player with almost the same time on both versions (around 17 minutes). Is the time on the classic edition wrongly reported then?

Quote from PvtCb:

And how do you suggest that is best done?
a. The new run doesn't obsolete the current one.
b. The new run obsoletes the current run, but there is still room for both categories to co-exist should a new run be submitted for the classic edition.

B. itsubitsu's time is not optimized and was done right after save clips were discovered
Can't comment on the route or luck, but I'll just repeat what's said higher up. It's a solid improvement (even if it's in a different category because of the version differences). It looks like there is still a bit of room for improvement with the execution, but it works for me the way it is.

Accept
Decision posted.