Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SystemShock2.html

Michael 'M1' Bullock's Impossible difficulty run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Cheats: None
Mistakes: Extremely minimal
Quality: High
Decision: Accept

Being someone who has an extreme love for System Shock 2, I jumped at the chance to verify this. Especially considering what the previous run looked like. This run is definitely a great improvement. I can count very minimal mistakes, and the ones I do count are just nitpicking to be honest. A run without a single mistake, jump, jitter, or any type of nervousness probably would have saved this run a very insignificant amount of time.

In addition, whether the runner seems to have realized it or not, the extra agility actually helped quite a ton in this run. The running speed is very noticeable(at least to me it is) and I believe it is the bigger reason that most of the time was saved on this run. Good management of the psi and speed hypos, and the route was very pleasing to watch. To be perfectly honest though, there's not a TON different about this run from the previous run, so there isn't really too much more for me to say. The quality is great in both execution and quality, and I have no qualms with accepting this run. Very well done job. Accept.

Quote:
Quality and gameplay is good. There are some mistakes, some admitted by the runner (poor resource management), others just nitpicky on the execution. Some tricks are missed (ex: you can jump down the tube before the SHODAN fight to significantly decrease the fall time). Also the setup for the SHODAN reveal skip took a couple seconds, which I thought was near inexcusably slow for a ~15 second segment. However the improvement on the old run is huge. The gameplay is 99% rock solid, and taking significant time off of this run would be very difficult, short of a total reroute. So I accept.

Quote:
I didn't think it was possible to save so much time compared to the already solid existing run.
This big improvement is due to a better item management (implants used) and in a route sometimes slighty different.
Execution is great too, very fast item picking and container looting!
I had to watch some parts in slow motion to chek out what type of implant was used !
Shodan's ironic question "why do you go so slowly?" always makes me laugh in the middle of a speedrun!

ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's an improvement over an already tight run.
Thread title: