1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperSmashBrosBrawl.html

Adam 'No1 Inparticular' Young's 2-player 100-man Brawl run (yes, he controlled both characters)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Obviously there was no cheating, and my encode is good.

As for the run itself, it was well-done.  The idea was fairly simple (2 Pikachus basically cover all the spawn points with Thunder), but executed well.  Good use of bumpers too.  I wonder how many tries it took to get those bumpers to appear so opportunely.

Anyways, I say accept.  It's definitely different enough from the 1-player version to not be redundant, and it's a solid run overall.

Quote:
Quality (Capture)
Unlike the last one, it isn’t doing the bouncing thing.

Quality (Gameplay)
He’s using the pause trick to manipulate the timer, but not break it. It’s pausing the game and letting the game load specific opponents, instead of in-game while the timer is running. I’m sure everyone is familiar with this by now.
Everything else is almost perfect actually. By using two thunder attacks, death can be rained down from above upon all those spawning right in the middle of the long and powerful attack.

Timing
The timer at the end reads 1:14.68

Importance
I think there’s only one spot where Pikachu getting hit is actually noticeable, the others are when they’re exposed between attacks, and it doesn’t phase them in any time losing way. And talk about luck - those bumpers spawn like weeds in this fight. Everything falls into place perfectly, which is really quite something, since the alloys fall and jump and move randomly almost all of the time. Guess they can’t move if their first exposure after the spawn is to a thunder bolt. And of course, if I were to call this perfect, somehow the time will get knocked down later by another three seconds or something. I didn’t call the last one perfect by any means, but I did say that at least three seconds could be removed if certain things had been done better. It’s good to see that I was right on the money. Accept it for sure.

Quote:
Video and audio quality are fine. There's no cheating. I couldn't pick out too many mistakes. He got hit once or twice, but they never seemed to cost him any time. He also got really good luck with bumpers; he got two of them. A third one even spawned, which makes me wonder if that could've been used as well.

It's an improvement to an already solid performance. A quick accept from me.

Quote:
Usually, I take more time to make a good verifying post but this time I'l try to make short...

SSBB 100men melee, 1player playing 2 pikachus(coop) ; 1:14:68, GG and accepted.

For more details : Here is a nice abuse of bumpers. I love the bumper/bumped/thunder/pause/double-kill trick. Nothing much to say as it's only a nice improvement of a current run.

Quote:
Hi Mike,
  SSB Brawl 100 MB

Audio/visual is fine, no cheating.

What a great idea for a run.  In retrospect, I'm kind of surprised nobody thought of this sooner, so bonus points for creativity.

Not much to say on such a short run.  But great luck with the double bumper, even if the first one wasn't as effective.  Great planning and execution otherwise.

And it's fast too.  Cheesy

ACCEPT.

Decision: Accept

Reason: I think this is the first run where one person controls two players.
Thread title:  
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
One person 2 -Controlers nice 

what catogorie will this be Multiplayer or singel player ?
I mean if someone want to beat this run woude he have to do the same thing or can it be obsolved by 2 human players?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
It can be obsoleted by a 2-person run. The category is multiplayer, not "number of people".
Yay ^_^

and yea, this can be improved by a few seconds. Good luck to anyone that wants to try, though (You'll need it, really. I think some people will be surprised how hard this actually is when they try it). It can get very frustrating. This "only" took a few hours. So, I didn't put THAT much effort into it. I only really tried because of the other run that was submitted.

Also, I don't think my third bumper could have been used (I had one in a good spot already, a second one wouldn't do much goood anywhere, since I already had everything covered, and the end was approaching), and I know the first one wasn't that great. I'm actually a bit surprised some of the poor thunders weren't mentioned anywhere, some couldv'e been executed much better.

Whatever. Thanks, you guys.  Hopefully, someone with more patience will try to improve this, and submit it.  Cheesy
Yes, a worthless avatar riding my posts.
Double play is always impressive. I've always wanted to learn how to do it ever since seeing VTF-INO's Ikaruga double plays.

I tried learning it with Darius Twin but I can't teach my right thumb to use a control pad ;_;

If I had arrow keys though...