Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet.

Jeremy 'DK28' Doll's Akuma, Ryu, and Dan runs

Verifier Responses

Quote:
hey mike

sorry it took me so long to verify the puzzle fighter run! i didn't had internet @ home and i couldn't download the videos @ work.. sorry for the delay, here's the verification now:

i don't have much to say about the 3 runs. the runner did a great job and did a good work with the gems he had. i couldn't detect any cheating, audio/video was fine

the runner didn't made any big mistakes.. just one little he mentioned in the comments. the is improveable, but that requires a lot of luck though, maybe i'll try some hard/expert mode runs on the ps3 version when i have proper recording equipment!

my verdict for the run: accept! i enjoyed it how he makes the enemys looks like they don't have any chance Smiley

Quote:
Sorry about the delay:

I've only played the PS1 game, and I noticed right away the overall speed seems to be slightly faster on the GBA (maybe it's due to no loading), and damage appears to be increased. I'm going to probably nitpick since it's such a short run, and the AI seems a lot easier than I remember from the PS1, even on normal.

Ryu Notes: Overall I think it can be done faster, but not by much (2 seconds?), so I accept.

Ken - The red block with the yellow bomb could have been placed with the other red blocks (0:39). Another red block goes unattached to the main blocks (0:42). This means the giant red block could have been two more larger. The red bomb and yellow gem block could have been dropped on the right to get a 2 combo with the yellow bomb (0:54). I believe this could have created more enough blocks in combination with the green block that you wouldn't have had to wait for the last block of the AI to drop to end the level.

Donovan - This was a good round.

Chun-li - Nothing really to add here, the misplaced block wasn't as bad as you mentioned.

Morrigan - I think you could have pushed the red gem block further by splitting the red bomb/red gem by placing the bomb on the blue block letting the red block drop to the side (3:05). Place the next piece, double bomb, creating a 2 combo (3:09). Placed the red gem creating a bigger block (3:14). Then used the blue bomb to create a 2 combo dropping the red bomb on the block (3:17). Not sure if that would actually be faster though.

Evil Ryu - This worked out nicely.

Hsien-ko - This works out as well to be just enough.

Sakura - Given the gems you got, that's probably the best you could have played.

Felicia - This probably could have gone faster by dropping gems more quickly. Also, a 2 combo could have been possible if you placed the yellow bomb on the blue block, but that really couldn't have been known before hand since the blue bomb wasn't shown.

Akuma - This turned out great and that was a nice size red block.

Dan Notes: Overall, the increase in gem placement really shows the runner improved from the time he completed the Ryu run. Most improvements are theoretical, and due to the random nature of gems I say accept.

Ken - Great start, probably couldn't be much faster with the gems given.

Donovan - It helps when the enemy doesn't get a red bomb and places gems very slowly when using Dan. Again, quick placements, I didn't notice any errors that led to time loss.

Chun Li - I believe the yellow blocks could have been used better and built into a 9 block, which most likely would have finished her off before having to wait for her last block to drop. If that's true it would have saved about a second or two.

Morrigan - The blue bomb was set up for a combo, but used instead to make a larger green block. I'm pretty sure setting up a combo would have been worth more, plus the red bomb could have added a third combo. I'm actually not sure if all that would be enough to finish it off before the next drop, but it's another possible few seconds gained.

Ryu - Not a lot of indicators for what gem blocks to make, and sadly not a lot of bombs. The runner gets lucky here that Ryu didn't get a red bomb.

Hsien-ko - Very nice round. No improvements.

Sakura - This could have gone a lot better, and again the runner is lucky Sakura didn't get a red bomb. I believe he blew the blue gem block too soon, and he should have started to build it as a 3x block. This would have led to a large blue block that would have been enough to finish her off a gem drop or three sooner.

Felicia - Luckily, the enemy misuses the red bomb showing up on the enemy side. I'm not sure this could be done much faster, but building the blue block more didn't seem like a priority.

Akuma - Minor errors that would be nice to see fixed, but otherwise a lucky/nice finish. Maybe a second or two would be saved with better execution.

Akuma Notes: Overall very well done, accept. I'm not going to comment on individual levels as much since many of them are very well done with little to improve except for luck.

Morrigan - Might have been able to finish off a gem drop earlier if he blew up the yellow as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

Hsien-ko - Had the runner placed the bomb on top of the yellow block dropped beforehand (letting the red gem drop to the left) instead of blowing up the red directly, he could have chained into the red, which I believe is worth more damage, and would not have had to wait for Hsien-ko's last gem drop.

Quote:
Audio and video quality are good (is good?)

All three runs show a great familiarity with the game and good execution. Unfortunately the game's heavy randomness mean this run is not optimal, but it is certainly excellent play given the blocks the runner received. That said, almost all of the stages showcase 'above average luck' in my observation. Definite accept.

Decision: Accept

Reason: puzzledouken
Thread title:  
Too cool for 7th grade.
This run better do the game justice, or else...

Nah, I'm sure it's fine. Since it is the GBA version, I'd like to see a run of Master Mode also! Master mode I think is easier than Hard because the AI can't get rid of your number block drops with its own chains.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
I think they do, and it looks like the verifiers did also.  Wink

And I have been toying with the other difficulties, so it's a possibility.  But no promises, at least not in the near future.  Working on other stuff at the moment.
Holy crap, there was a run of this game and I didn't see it available to verify? Must be something wrong with me. I'll be looking forward to this one as well. Smiley
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Happy to oblige.  And it's actually three runs.  Cheesy