--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperMarioKart.html

Super Mario Kart (ntscus) (snes) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Multiplayer]

Verifier Responses

Quote from CyberBotX:
A/V good, no cheating detected. This is my first time seeing a run of this game using a second player as fodder. Overall, most of the races were done really well. The only really glaring mistake I saw was the feather use on Donut Plains 2 causing the 2nd lap to go a little longer than needed. Otherwise, I am giving this an accept.

Quote:
This is a solid run.  Very well executed, with very few errors running into a wall or another racer.  Good item luck as well with Feathers in the latter choco island and ghost house races.  It's nice to finally have a run from a real competitor submitted to SDA.

Category note:  This would be separate from existing runs on SDA as this uses 2P.  Advantages include having one less opponent to deal with on the track.  And using 2P literally removes half of the obstacles on all courses.  Obviously this makes things a bit easier to traverse.

Happily accepted.

Quote from AlecK47:
A/V good, no cheating detected

Bowser best character.  Anyway, this run is sick.  Not only is it exceptionally fast and clean, but it has very good item luck in a couple key tracks.

Some things that stood out in each cup:
Mushroom:  Slowed down by grass once on DP1, and missed a zipper in BC1.  That’s it.  Also GV1 was sexy.
Flower: Bumped by an insubordinate minion in GV2 (minimal loss) and the second lap of MC3 was a little sloppy, butot a mushroom in DP2 and hit the shortcut.
Star: Lost speed on first and last laps in KB1, lost momentum bonking into DK in CI2, hit a wall in VL1, in BC3 missed a zipper because of bouncing off Toad and clipped a wall right at the end, but got a Feather in CI2 (big shortcut).
Special: Missed the turbo start in KB2 but got a feather in GV3 for a nice shortcut.

Easy accept

Quote from Freezard:
A/V good. Time was found to be 20:25.91.

This is a very nice run with few mistakes. It is way faster than the current run, although I suspect that has something to do with 2-player mode being used. It's too bad the runner doesn't explain why it's faster other than having to deal with one less racer.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'KVD'!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
KVD: 2015-06-19 02:48:09 pm
KVD: 2015-06-19 02:47:54 pm
I'm honoured and thrilled to get a run through on SDA, thanks guys!
It's nice to read all your feedback as well.

About the 2p thing, this is from my Q & A section on Twitch: "Because the victory scene after every race can be cut shorter by selecting 'Give Up" with the second controller.This can be done roughly 6 seconds after the finishline has been crossed. It saves roughly 5 seconds per race. Also, it is one less CPU character to worry about and it reduces the hazards on some tracks. Think less pipes on the MCs, less thwomps on the BCs, etcetera."
All in all it saves in the ballpark of 30 seconds, although it's not a set amount of time, so it's hard to put a number on it.
Yeah, I'd say that using Bowser (or DK, but Bowser's better Tongue ) and not having to worry about certain obstacles were the main time saves outside of play quality and item luck, but I don't feel like calculating that out.

Also go me with that typo... "butot a mushroom" should be "but got a mushroom." Roll Eyes
Edit history:
KVD: 2015-06-20 03:33:36 am
Item luck was pretty generic. On the good side of the spectrum, but not outlier tier.
I've done a multitude of sub 32s (and a couple of 31m30s).