--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Super Mario Bros 3 (Any %) (Single Segment) [Large-skip glitches]

Verifier Responses

Quote from CyberBotX:
A/V good, no cheating detected. I had actually just seen the TAS of this recently as well, and for being done in real-time, this is pretty impressive. Accept!

Quote:
First off, I would like to compliment the runner on the first few stages of his run as it looks just as good as the official runs that are already on the site.  That said though, I have no idea what I just witnessed towards the end.  This is the second time I've seen such a glitch performed that you can actually skip to the ending (Good old 0:00 Pokemon) and it still baffles me how something like this can be done.  With that said, I did want to verify the glitch and was pleased to find it used in a TAS to be able to better show how it was done.  As the runner said in their comment, "The only big improvement that could be done in this run is getting the pipe glitch clip first try."  Although in all fairness, everything else up to that point was pretty spot on.

3:18 looks to be the right time, and quality is good.  Pretty straight forward verification here: Accept.

Quote from Elipsis:
I timed this out to be 3:18.67 (3:18 and 40 frames)

World 1 looks good... it could have been at least 1 full second faster by the end of 1-3, but that is hardly a reason to throw a fuss and the "regular" gameplay is still definitely very strong.

7-1 is utter nonsense of course, but it's completely legitimate nonsense and it's the fastest iteration of this glitch that I've ever seen done by a human.

I think it will be improved before the end of the year, but I say we accept the run.

Quote from Efreeti:
Audio good, though a bit quiet.
Video decent, but very low resolution. Looks bad when stretched to viewable size.

The run is very straight forward, no hangups up until the glitch is to be executed. I'm very excited to see this glitch done without tool assistance, and even time could be lowered by getting it in less tries, I do think we should have a run of this type on the site. Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Davetrap'!
Thread title:  
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from SDAVerification:
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Super Mario Bros 3 (Any %) (Single Segment) [Large-skip glitches]

Finally! Can't believe it took this long for someone to submit a SMB3 run... Roll Eyes

Good job on the run, can't wait to see the improvements.
Wow!That got accepted pretty fast.I apologize for the quality and I'll try to invest in better equipment and I plan on improving that run before the end of the year.I'm currently working on a new iteration of the glitch right now to find a faster way to do the glitch but that will be realy hard to improve.
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Nice run. These types of glitches are always fun to watch.