List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Mario64.html

70 star SS run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
aight i gotta expose some serious lies being thrown down here im sorry sig my friend

"As of submitting this run, this is a world record, although it may not be anymore."

this is bullshit......... this will be the world record forever!!!! haghaahah hah okay

the time for jokes is over. lets get down to the nitty gritty. this run is dope nasty funky fresh. when i saw it i was completely flap-doozled. hot diggity is this a good run. if sda had a "really cool and good runs" competition then this one would win it. im just saying that sig is pretty dece at mario 64.

also i timed it and got 49:43.72 but someone else should probably do that too cause IDK. Well I'm gonna go. heh heh heh.

decision please put this video on your web site

Quote:
i've seen sig play and learn sm64. he used to be real bad, and now he's real good. i've seen the progress. he always streams his runs or whatever and knowing first-hand the practice he puts in to this game it's real easy to accept the run. the early ellies are one of the hardest tricks in the game so missing it ain't a big deal, specially when the other 99% of the run is as good as this one is. no complaints at all. great run!

[chanting] i accept. i accept. i accept.

Quote:
This run is consistent throughout and shows amazing skill in areas (Tick Tock Clock), the only real mistake is missing Early Elevators in Bowser In The Fire Sea but it's such a hard trick and loses only 8 seconds so missing it isn't a big deal.

Coin counts and such are consistent aswell so it's likely that there is no cheating going on.
I timed this run and got 49:44.

Amazing run! Accept.

Quote:
No signs of cheating or splicing (the run is a single segment that is consistent throughout).  Audio and video quality are both good.

As mentioned, this is the 70-star world record (RTA timing of 50:45, SDA timing of 49:44), a 35-second improvement on the original world record by Japanese player shigeru.

Siglemic has only been playing Super Mario 64 for about seven months but has put hundreds and hundreds of hours of work into the game, spending hours at a time on single stages or even single stars if there are time savers to be learned from them.  The only major trick missed in this run is early elevators in the 2nd Bowser stage, as he admitted, but it is minimal time wasted and an extraordinarily difficult trick to do, so it should not count against him by any means.  The amount of time and effort put into the game is shown off throughout this run, particularly in stages like Whomps' Fortress and Tick Tock Clock.

Every stage is excellently done with no major time lost in any of them.  The route has been tweaked and optimized for the best 70-star time possible, with almost no room for improvement with the current strategies.

The only problem with the video is that it includes about 30 minutes of failed attempts prior to the actual run, but that is obviously an oversight that will be corrected.

Accept, accept, accept.

Quote:
Im gonna try to do some brief level comments.

BOB (first time) - Awesome.
WF - Missed cannonless once but its a really specific trick, so whatever. Other than that Awesome.
Princess slides - Awesome.
Tower of the wingcap - Awesome.
CCM - Awesome. Liked the camera on wall-kicks will work.
BOB (second time) - Awesome. That jump takes practice.
BITDW - Awesome. Really hard part.
BBH - Awesome.
LLL - Awesome.
SSL - That shell drop from the 4th pillar looked very cool. Awesome.
HMC - Wall clipping action.  Awesome.
DDD - Awesome.
BITFS - As the other verifiers said, he missed the elevator trick. Other than that, awesome.
WDW - Awesome.
THI - That slide jump from the top to the island is really scary to me Sad Sig didnt fear it. Awesome.
TTM - No problems with the waterfall clipping. nice shortcuts up the mountain. Box jump to the mushroom. Awesome.
SL - Awesome.
TTC - Really nice (and hard) tricks and strats to get up the clock, very fun to watch. Amazing.
RR - Had trouble getting up there, but no biggie. Once he was in the level : Awesome.
BITS - Awesome.

Overall, a very solid and nice run, loaded with risky tricks. Very few mistakes, probably less than 10 secs.
I timed it: 49:44.53

Video quality - For being a verifier copy its great. The run attempt starts at 34:46 though.
Audio - Nothing to complain about.
Cheating etc - Not that I can see.

Accept.

Quote:
what a cool run, good job siglemic. such great skill on display and impeccable movement wait what's this???? Super Mario 64 for PlayStation 3???????????? a pirate hack copy with less lag it looks like, sounds fishy.................. R E J E C T

(no really, this is one of the best runs of anything i've ever seen. the play is almost perfect throughout, there's only the occasional 1 or 2 second mistake and a couple slightly bigger time-wasters: missing elevators early as other verifiers have said and skipping the triple jump wallkick in bits, a difficult trick that is very risky at the end of the run. he also passes up ttc 100 coins for another star which i think would save some more time, but you have to completely beast that star to be worth it, and his performance in the rest of ttc more than makes up for that. this record will surely stand for many moons)

congrats siglemic you deserve it accept this bad boy

Quote:
Sorry for the delayed reply.  It was the fourth of July and I was celebrating my country by blowing up a small piece of it.

No cheating, audio/visual checks out. 

I see a lot of responses already.  I'll echo everything that's been said for starters.  Mario 64 is a sexy game to run, each star has it's own moment.  The skill displayed here is incredible.  Every star get is a treat and I like a lot of the new stuff I'm seeing.  Anything you could point out as a flaw in this run is pretty much forgotten a few seconds later as the runner impresses you yet again with amazingness.

This is an obvious ACCEPT.  I won't even delve into my dry humor at this point...

Quote:
Wondrous execution of the Mario that allowed Sig to beat the World record. No use of tools, splices or illegal techniques. Great quality video and a time that will be unmatched for a long while. Each stage contains gameplay that will be entertaining to all who view it.

This run gets the smiley approval ゚+。:.゚ヽ(*´∀`)ノ゚.:。+゚

Decision: Accept

Reason: This is a great run!

Congratulations to Mike 'Siglemic' Sigler!
Thread title:  
I wonder which one is Withhelde...
Edit history:
mike89: 2011-07-13 06:33:36 am
SEGA Junkie
I'm not sure I can count that many verifiers. Guess I need to get up to scratch on Elmo's Number Journey.

ps. grats sig
This run is too good.

Who is the first verifier, Jiano?
nice congratulations !!!!
"Let's put a SMILE on that face!"
SDA has at least one world record now. Smiley
sig ma boi
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
Congratulations. I look forward to watching this.
i'm very very proud of you sig!
Quote from Kalemandu:
This run is too good.

Who is the first verifier, Jiano?

he was none of them ^^
I thought this run was rejected at first since there was no runner's name at the very top of the first post. I read through every comment looking for someone mentioning a blatant sign of cheating. When I got to the end I saw it was accepted. Had me confused for a bit/ :/
I think Super Mario 64 is a pretty cool guy. eh sets world records and doesn’t afraid of anything...