Quote:
Verifier: Hey Mike
Verifier: ok, serious time, it's about verification
Verifier: fair enough
Verifier: i guess this time it is not really necessary to write out comments
Verifier: i am of course speaking about kareshi's SGnG run
Verifier: it's faster about everywhere
me: neato mosquito
Verifier: i watched a lot of his streams, most of them in the beginning of his running process
Verifier: i have seen how he developed his tricks and improved constantly
Verifier: i could even tell you whether it's kareshi or not the way he plays level 2 and the side scrolling part
Verifier: he developed a habit of fooling around on two chests that reminds me of the pathological habits captured animals develop in too small cages Cheesy
Verifier: i also have seen most of the round 2 of this run live
Verifier: so after rewatching the verification copy, i am sure that's the same that i have seen
Verifier: and it is fucking good, room for improvement is left, but reaching the level of this run and getting the luck is insane already
Verifier: so i vote for a FUCKING ACCEPT
me: not just an accept
me: a FUCKING ACCEPT
Verifier: yes, because i know the game and saw the hours go into this run live this time
Verifier: from the point where he talked to the people in the chat and we heard his wife bringing the groceries in to the bitter end, where he had stopped talking for a long time already
Verifier: and just angrily hit the reset button and barely said anything, just a curse now and then
Verifier: i saw the attempts during daytime for him, when his faced mirrored on the tv screen and during night time, when it didn't
Verifier: i watched the stream when it was cold and you could hear his gas heating in the background and when it was warmer and you couldn't
Verifier: if you're going to include those last sentences into the verification thread, i need to mention that you could hear his wife cooking something in a pan one time
Verifier: just to give it a litte flavour of stalking

Quote:
Sound/Avi- Good
Cheating- No, but you're so good at this game that my childhood feels cheated.

Very impressive. You made it through the game twice in a nearly flawless manner.The only thing i noticed was that you missed the first shot on sardius' second form in the second play through, but at this stage in the game I feel like an idiot just for mentioning it. Tongue  Congratulations! Hands down accept.

Quote:
its fucking improvement, its fucking kareshi, need to say more?

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's fucking Kareshi!
Thread title:  
Thanks guys! This is my favorite speedrun I've ever done. I'm excited and honored to have it join SDA.
SDA needs more speedruns that say "Best time, Badass difficulty" Tongue  And it also helps to have more speedruns that say Kareshi.
Everybody DANCE!
Ooh, I'm looking forward to seeing this run very much.
Master-88
I can,t wait see it. Wink

This run might be so cool. I already loved his old run. I can,t beat this game less than 30-40 deaths. Grin
contraddicted
As one of the verifiers I can just encourage you to watch it.
If you ever played the game, it will blow your mind.
Kareshi also has a video tutorial on how to speedrun SGnG up on his uStream, which is definitely worth watching if you are interested in the game.
Is PJ
Congrats again, kareshi!  I loved watching you attempt these runs; it gave me something to during finals week besides study.  Haha.
spread the dirt to the populace
ya same as PJ.  see, aren't you glad you didn't settle for that last run you did?
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from kareshi:
Thanks guys! This is my favorite speedrun I've ever done. I'm excited and honored to have it join SDA.

Congrats kareshi.  It's always nice to see somebody able to kick ass on this and the NES G and G.  The existing runs are awesome, so these should be a great watch.

Quote:
Well, you don't get see the reset of the credits in this video because my tape ran out - I try not to think of what would have happened had I started this speedrun just a few minutes later than when I did.

Capture the credits this time?  Wink
Credits are captured but intentionally stopped after the Arthur death, because this time he Game Overs!
Cigar Man
"Arthur dies in the ending credits. It's because he's trying to use B to jump, unaware that I switched that with A in the settings. He Game Overs because I had set the # of lives to 1. "

So what would happen if the number of lives were set to 2 or more?
Hi! I'm andrewg!
Quote from Vugmer:
"Arthur dies in the ending credits. It's because he's trying to use B to jump, unaware that I switched that with A in the settings. He Game Overs because I had set the # of lives to 1. "

Can you not be vugmer?

Anyhow, this is weird. I need to watch this run.
My name is unpronounceable
Quote from Vugmer:

As I recall, the level select screen appears, then the credits continue, albeit without background music.

Congrats Kareshi, for making it onto the front page again!
mocliamtoh is correct. The credits stumble on with no music.
Hmm, the SDA video seems to start with a reset. I wonder why I reset it there?