List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Castlevania4.html

Josh 'Funkdoc' Ballard's single-segment run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
rejected! not enough moonwalks! otherwise this would be a very obvious accept since it completely destroyinates the current run on the site and any other run of the game I've seen.

also, I need to give my rankings of the victory poses, because that's another one of the most important parts of the run.

lvl 1: 7/10
lvl 2: N/A
lvl 3: 9/10
lvl 4: 8/10
lvl 5: N/A
lvl 6: 9/10
lvl 7: 8/10
lvl 8: 8/10 (got a 9 earlier, but it's a repeat)
lvl 9: 8/10 (you sure like that one)
lvl A: 9/10 (also a repeat but I like this better than going straight up)
lvl B: 8/10 (the fist pump he's doing in midair is well deserved)

so out of 9 stages with a possible victory pose, your poses averaged 8.3/10... ok fine, I guess I can accept a run that gets a B in victory poses.

Quote:
Time to verify MEATvania IV.  This is a BEEFy improvement over the last run, and is much smoother overall.  The HAMmering of the bosses was awesome because the boss music barely had time to play for most of them.  There was no CHICKENing out with the risk taking.  There was plenty of damage boosting and Simon had fewer KFC drumsticks than last time.  This run was awesome, and that's no BOLOGNA!

Decision: MEAT!

BTW, the commentary track is out of sync right from the start.

Quote:
well that screen right at the beginning says verified no cheating so

my job here is done,

Quote:
Yes, Josh, the video quality is good. Very good at that. Audio's good too, but the audio commentary is behind by about 3 seconds.

This run is fucking awesome. So much is performed so well. I'm especially impressed with Stage 8. He thrashed that place. The only major hangup was Stage 5. That was a Flea Rider Fiasco for sure. There are minor things once in a while, but I won't go into it cause Josh pretty much did that for me in the audio commentary. He's a walking SC4 encyclopedia.

Obvious accept. This run rocks, Josh, and you do too.

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a massive improvement over the current run.
Thread title:  
Visit my profile to see my runs!
Lol.  I see Castlevania verification draws a particular kind of verifier crowd.  Woot to verifier #4 for being mostly normal.

Lmbo funny stuff.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote:

my job here is done,

LOL, I love this
Talk to the Hand
Quote:

my job here is done,

Best verification ever. Cheesy
Master-88
I can,t wait see this one. Congrats.:)
Hail Discordia!
Haha, those are some awesome verification comments.
torch slug since 2006
Quote:

my job here is done,

best verifier response ever Cheesy
I love the current run up on the site, so I can't wait for this one! And yes, the verifier comments are awesome, well done guys!
Weegee Time
Verifier #2 didn't manage to work bacon somewhere into the comments.  I am disappointed.
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2011-03-29 12:30:16 am
Fucking Weeaboo
I know.  Bacon > Meat so obviously they rejected the run.

Note to self, never try to post under lack of sleep conditions.  You tend to forget letters.
Intruding N313 and F014
Quote from Rakuen:
Verifier #2 didn't manage to work bacon somewhere into the comments.  I am disappointed.

Sorry about that.
Ummmmmm.....  This run was so hot, it was BACON like a sidewalk on a summer day.
Is that better?  Cheesy
wow, if you had incorporated that into your verification originally dunnius i might have declared you the victor of us 4 :p
wise fwom yo gwave
By far one of my favorite runs on teh site now. Wow what a great watch man!
Master-88
Yeah this run was really superb. I can,t say anything else. Runner was super skilful and lucky and take huge risk.

My favorite part was levels 3 & 8. These levels look super sick cool.
berserker status
This is the best run I've seen in awhile.  The damage boosting is phenomenal (besides everything else)!
Congrats Doc. I've been interested in speedrunning CV4 for a while now so I'm very happy to see you've made a significantly improved run that I can go over for reference. I love your informative commentary too.
Weegee Time
Quote from dunnius:
Quote from Rakuen:

Sorry about that.
Ummmmmm.....  This run was so hot, it was BACON like a sidewalk on a summer day.
Is that better?  Cheesy

Must have missed this in a flood of posts that I marked as read.  I approve of your addendum! Cheesy
spread the dirt to the populace
I may go back and try to improve this with the new TAS having come out...people are thinking the level 4 zip glitch could be doable and that would save around 30 seconds alone.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from Josh the Funkdoc:
I may go back and try to improve this with the new TAS having come out...people are thinking the level 4 zip glitch could be doable and that would save around 30 seconds alone.

You have my attention.  Smiley

Got a link to that TAS Josh?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from DK28:
Quote from Josh the Funkdoc:

You have my attention.  Smiley

Got a link to that TAS Josh?

http://tasvideos.org/1855M.html

And don't call me Josh! Tongue
You're stalking me tonight VG.  I kind of like it.  Wink
Fucking Weeaboo
Not like there's much to follow on the forums this late in the day.
True.  I'm in California, so I'm three hours behind most people's posts around here.  Though we definitely have some night owls...
Very slick run with an informative commentary. After so many attempts and achieving such a great run I feel a little bad that you say a TAS is coming out with a glitch that can knock 30 seconds off your time. Anyways great job and i'm sure if anyone can incorporate that new zip glitch with a clean run it's you Josh.
spread the dirt to the populace
Actually, it seems like almost none of the new TAS stuff is practical in real time.  The zips in particular can kill you much, much more easily than Megaman's.  The new damage boosts tend to be luck-based and/or too precise to work.  It's not looking good for the new swinging glitches, either...

Honestly I'd rather work on new games than go for small improvements on 3 & 4 anyway.