List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperC.html

David Contraman Jr.'s no items run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I was surprised to see deaths for some reason.  This run is faster than a mug, though.  Accept.

Quote:
Okay, I don't remember my exact level by level synopsis.  After the forum change, I don't have the original reply.  In general, here are my feelings.  I distinctly remember there being deaths, three IIRC.  The run really is great, but as soon as that first death occurred, I was taken completely out of the run and it goes downhill with the latter deaths.  So, if we're talking about a judgment call based solely on time, with this being an improvement, I would give it a "meh" accept.  But a great man once told me in my speedrunning youth, that a lot of Contra heads hate Contra runs with deaths (accidental of course) and I am inclined to agree.  So I would rather encourage the runner to go for the no death run on this.

Quote:
Verifier: super c no items looks buff
Verifier: also know he didn't use turbo sincei sent him the controller myself
Verifier: the death is kind of tragic

Decision: Accept

Reason: It's a beastly improvment, despite deaths.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2010-08-24 05:52:45 pm
Heidrage: 2010-08-24 05:51:56 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
Its a real relief to see this finally get up. I waited a long time to see the comments. I should be jumping for joy knowing that this was accepted, but I am not.

For myself, a death in a run such as this is hard on me. Verifier 1, ya, I am surprised I submitted it despite the deaths.

Verifier 2, I fully understand where your coming from. Same as I said to verifier 1 applies.

Thanks for the controller. None of my NES games wold have been completed.

On a personal note, I am to the point where I really really really really really really really really hate this game. I honestly can say that running this low% to me now is hell. But despite how much I truly hate this game, I am still trying for a deathless run. And to be honest, I am only trying for it because I don't want my name attached to a run that looks this sloppy. My ego can't handle knowing that I CAN DO BETTER than what I settled on. I will get the deathless run some time or another. But I can't say as to when.

EDIT: just seconds after I posted this I noticed my name that mike gave me. I LOLed so hard. Thanks for the smile mike.

EDIT2: Sorry for the down mood, I was just running this and I got angry... Very angry.
Master-88
Cool see this one in SDA.

Even with deaths you are did it very quickly. Me too will hope see deathless run in future. But you not need hurry about it. You have to keep long break with this game and back with this maybe until next year. Then you maybe will hate that game less.;)
It is not mentioned, but this run is 1:52 faster than the current record.
DON'T PUBLISH THIS RUN!!!!!!!!!!!
Is PJ
Before I saw the date, I thought this was already a verification of the run you completed like 3.5 hours ago.  PJ gains -3 to reading ability.
LOL, they are making up for the time I waited the first time around.